Performing Tenyo for blind spectators

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
kellebotond
Charter Member

Performing Tenyo for blind spectators

Post by kellebotond » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:13 am

The topic might seem to be odd, but I was once asked to perform magic for a blind person. I immediately tought of Tenyo tricks (as many of them are self-working mechanisms).

I have shown Shrinking pen and Undercover cube (without cover, the spectator holding the props all the time).

Do you have any other suggestions what Tenyo effects could be done for a blind person or a blindfolded spectator? I would love to hear your ideas!
Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Re: Performing Tenyo for blind spectators

Post by Jaime C. » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:15 am

I think Vault Vision will work for them by the sizes of the coins (small, medium & large)
I have another idea that can perform for them but it is non-Tenyo ( possible to post :?: )
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:29 am

Yes you can post it here and of you ever want to start a thread on a non-tenyo item there is an entire section with four boards for that called Not Necessarily Tenyo.

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:26 am

Maybe the ''Grey Elephant of Denmark and the Kangaroo'' for those blind who have seen the World first.
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:32 pm

Thanks for the ideas!

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:32 am

Maybe Ultimate Shocking pen, if they are just allowed to feel the edge of the pen through the bill. Maybe even Crystal Cleaver if you also hold the sword with them and guide it downward (and help to decrease the resistance on the way down).

There is a non-Tenyo effect we used to sell when I worked in a magic shop called shrinking glove- this may be appropriate as well.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:30 am

John B. wrote:........Maybe even Crystal Cleaver if you also hold the sword with them and guide it downward (and help to decrease the resistance on the way down).
That's a great idea for the Crystal Cleaver.......helping them to decrease the resistance....very clever!

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:25 pm

John B. wrote:Maybe Ultimate Shocking pen, if they are just allowed to feel the edge of the pen through the bill. Maybe even Crystal Cleaver if you also hold the sword with them and guide it downward (and help to decrease the resistance on the way down).

There is a non-Tenyo effect we used to sell when I worked in a magic shop called shrinking glove- this may be appropriate as well.
Thanks for the ideas. Crystal Cleaver is a great idea.

What do you think of performing Crystal Pyramid without a cover?

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:13 pm

Thanks. The more that I think about this, many of the penetration effects might be appropriate. I think they all need to be guided, however. How about clean cut? They could feel the ends of the severed rope. If the card in Mirage were only easier to push down, it would be perfect too.

Mira-metal might be ok too as long as they are allowed to touch just the top surface of the metal plate. Black Hole could potentially work as well. With these, the spectator can really "feel" the transformation when the hole appears.

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:24 am

Thanks for the great ideas. Clena cut would be excellent. And also Zig Zag Cigarette. They could do those all by themselves.