Do you perform Confined Cubes regularly?

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
BobD
Charter Member

Do you perform Confined Cubes regularly?

Post by BobD » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:06 am

I consider Confined Cubes as one of Tenyo's best tricks. The method is a new principle in magic and extremely brilliant. It is a discontinued item and may be hard to find soon. If you don't have it yet, get one now.

Most of us who have it do not perform this trick regularly because it requires sleight of hand, lapping or palming. I can do sleight of hand but I prefer to use a Go Go Vanisher by Stewart James or Devil’s Handkerchief to vanish the red cube. I think it is more magical this way and fool proof too.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Re: Do you perform Confined Cubes regularly?

Post by Rob Rand » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:10 pm

Confined Cubes is really a miracle, and one of these fine Tenyo tricks which cannot easily be reproduced. These are for me the real Tenyo (others are Mystery China Box, Trisector, Lucky Rabbit, Eclipse, Fantastica , Metal Matrimony, and Mirage... to name a few).
And yes I perform this one with pleasure, and sleight of hand... what the heck, hiding the red cube in your hand afterwards... not a big deal!

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:13 am

Hi Rob,

Good, that's one less prop to carry. If you have been doing this trick regularly using sleight of hand then you have developed the confidence needed to perform it. Confidence can be gained by constant practice and more so by actual performance.

In your case, having performed the trick several times, the trick becomes second nature to you that you no longer worry about being caught with the cube in your hand. As stated by one of my idols, the Great Doug Henning: "The difficult must become a habit, the habit easy, and easy beautiful".

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:29 am

sometimes i can't catch/palm the red cube properly but i really like this trick, the effect for me is really baffling. this is one of my favorite tenyo items within reach aside from Eclipse. i love and enjoy playing them.

will this be one of the after sought tenyo items later on? i have only one.
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:02 pm

Jaime C. wrote:will this be one of the after sought tenyo items later on? i have only one.
Yes, we have already seen prices starting to rise on Confined Cubes and there is very little supply so that should make it one to get now if you need it or want another.