Hyper vision

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
SimonC
Global Moderator

Hyper vision

Post by SimonC » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:45 pm

Good evening guys, this week I got the forts tenyo ice bought for a while, hyper vision. I was only £10 no box but in very good condition. It's a clever concept but I didn't get the same fun playing with it, it was kind of like 'ah I see.' And that was it.
Does anyone have any good routines/hints/etc to make this a little more interesting?
Si
Now you see me...

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Re: Hyper vision

Post by Elliot W. » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:14 pm

My son came up with the following routine when we got this trick a while ago:
Turn all the slates face down and mix them up.
Spread them out face down and let the spectator pick one of them and look at it.
As the spectator is looking at the slate rotate the pile one turn and let the spectator insert the chosen slate back into the pile.
Mix the pile up well or have the spectator cut it a number of times.
Spread them out and use the magic glasses to name the spectators symbol.

Don't know if this makes it any fun for you but I think it's a better 2 person routine than the one given.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:12 am

Thanks :) I practiced the given routine when I first got it and found myself fumbling a bit, I'll try this twist next time
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:34 am

Hyper Vision is one I perform more as an 'illusion' then a magic trick. I perform it one time and then someone else can try. I often then explain the workings and everyone is happy - the goal of my performance ;)
I believe it isn't wrong to explain once in a while how something works - the explanation is often more baffling then the trick itself.
Mystic Scope has a locking mechanism and that one can really be used as a magic trick.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:00 am

David DeTenyo wrote:I believe it isn't wrong to explain once in a while how something works - the explanation is often more baffling then the trick itself.
I agree sometimes spectators are more amazed when they see how the trick works. For instance Fantastica usually gets an OK reaction when I perform it. However once I hand it out and they see how it works they are even more mystified.
Another one is Phantom Clock. People always think there is some invisible something or other holding up the card even though they can't see it. They get a new appreciation for the illusion once they see how it works.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:59 am

I posted this in the Focus On Tenyo section - hope you don't mind I copied your son's routine Elliot ... .