Green Butterfly

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
SimonC
Global Moderator

Green Butterfly

Post by SimonC » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:19 pm

evening all. I've just been sitting in the goat with my magic butterfky, trying out ideas and I've come up with a way to perform it with no gimmicks cards (it comes supplied with the four cards needed) and a 'free' choice. this is particularly handy for performing the trick with the green butterfly.
so you have the cards in any order except the force card is third from the left when face down (see pic).
you can false shuffle then ask speccy to choose card 1,2,3or4. here are the outcomes...
1: tap the top card and say 'ok' as you close the packet. as you do this catch a pinkie break and perform a double lift to show the force card .
2: tap the top card and count 'one' then the second card and count 'two' then cleanly deal off te force card
3: tap the leftmost card and count 'one' next one and count 'two' then the force card, count 'three' and cleanly deal off force card.
4: count 'one, two, three, four' from the left, ending on topmost card. close the oacket and secure a pinkie break then perform a double lift to show force card.

it's less complicated than I'm making it sound. it just means you can be really clean with the cards, and not worry about any flashes.
I'm going to wrap my black box in the parcel graphic tomorrow, I will also make a 'clean' green butterfly antique card to go with my others so the above can be performed.

one final thing... I wonder if you could laminate a real butterfly and cut it out?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: Green Butterfly

Post by SimonC » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:26 pm

one other thing to note, if you say 'choose a number BETWEEN 1 and 4' it is more likely speccy will choose 2 or 3, reducing the odds that you will even have to do a double lift. nice.
Now you see me...

Shan

Post by Shan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:36 pm

I like how you are making alternative cards so we can flash them:)
Does the green one look good when you put the blue and yellow together? I haven't tried
You will make it another black box for the routine? That's interesting

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:29 pm

it's best with yellow on top of blue but yes, I'd advise licking one first so they stick together else they separate.
yes I've made new cards and a box graphic, it's in the printables thread in 'performing tenyo' you can print them off tonight Shan :)
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:41 pm

That's awesome. this gives me some hope into performing Magic Butterfly WITH the actual butterflies and cards. When I get it, that is.

Would it be worth getting another MB and dying the wings of the butterflies so that you have all 4? Or would that be a labor intensive job?

And you COULD laminate a real butterfly, but you'd need an 'edge' all the way around the darn thing so that both sheets would stick together. It wouldn't be worth your time. You're better off buying fake ones elsewhere.

I thought about going a route the way of Tommy Cooper and getting a butterfly of a completely different color (purple for example) than the cards and performing the trick with no force necessary.
Then again, you would need to have a completely different presentation of your tricks to pull that off if you were to do a set
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:43 pm

you wouldn't be able to dye the butterflies that come with it but you can get acetate that you can run through a standard colour printer so you make any colour you like and just print it off :)
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:55 am

Very nice idea Simon. Thanks for giving us clue on it.
I`m thinking also to make double facer butterfly card which show one side green butterfly and other side blank. Using the glide move, we can force the card. Using the double lift with or maybe combination with elmsley count, we can make the chosen butterfly vanish (blank) and appear in the box. My processor is still running in my head for the routine. :roll: