Silicon Spray for Hard-to-move Tenyo Tricks

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
BluBob

Silicon Spray for Hard-to-move Tenyo Tricks

Post by BluBob » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:06 am

I wish I could remember where I saw this, but I saw Silicon spray recommended for hard-to-move Tenyo tricks such as "The Wandering Hole." Anyone have working experience or further wisdom to offer?
and now, on with the show ...

JohnM
Site Admin

Re: Silicon Spray for Hard-to-move Tenyo Tricks

Post by JohnM » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:41 pm

BluBob wrote:I wish I could remember where I saw this, but I saw Silicon spray recommended for hard-to-move Tenyo tricks such as "The Wandering Hole." Anyone have working experience or further wisdom to offer?
I don't remember seeing a post about that either here or on the other forums.

I would not recommend any lubricant on any Tenyo trick.

I would just work it to break it in a little better.

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:07 pm

I too would be wary of a silicone spray, what might be safer is wax. You could try to rub a candle or magicians wax on the surface that is sticking. A little unseen wax might be just enough to allow the parts to slide without damaging anything. You may want to test it first on a similar type of material to see if it would work as it would be a shame to damage your Tenyo effect.

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:21 am

Thanks Guys, I thought I'd ask for wisdom, and got plenty. (no lubricants needed)

Actually my "Wandering Hole" works fairly well. When I first got it I worked the panel back, and forth but I think the issue is that it seems to get a tad bit off the horizontal line. I gave the panel a small adjustment, which made movement easier. (maybe it's my imagination, or I became more confident/familiar with the apparatus.)

Once again, Thanks ...
Last edited by BluBob on Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
and now, on with the show ...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:25 am

Wandering Hole is hard to move so it is more or less examinable for spectators. That's something Rod Mc Fadden from TMGS once told me.