Performing Geometrick with Black Hole.

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
VictorS

Performing Geometrick with Black Hole.

Post by VictorS » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:07 am

Hi guys,

Last year I met BobD and that was the first time I saw Tenyo Black Hole in actual and was amazed with the method. Thanks Bob ! ;)

After John Came up with this awesome add ons and Houdini Black Box, just pop up in my mind, it would be a great idea to perform also Tenyo Geometrick effect on Black Hole. It would be much better because we could hand out the punched card for examination, which could not be done with the Geometrick.

Black hole is absolutely a great invention and I love a prop with so many effect possibilities. It`s unfortunately still on my wish list and maybe I need to save some money to get John`s Houdini`s Black Box. Hope the day will come.

Wish us a great weekend guys.

Vic

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: Performing Geometrick with Black Hole.

Post by SimonC » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:30 am

I'd go for johns version if you can, you get a whole range of routines. great idea with geometrick, are the circles the same size on both?
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:54 am

SimonC wrote:I'd go for johns version if you can, you get a whole range of routines. great idea with geometrick, are the circles the same size on both?
No idea Simon, I didn`t have both of them. But sure it would be not that complicated to make our own cards with the circle or square form. Yes sure, John`s work is absolutely awesome.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:08 pm

VictorS wrote:it would be a great idea to perform also Tenyo Geometrick effect on Black Hole. It would be much better because we could hand out the punched card for examination, which could not be done with the Geometrick.
Vic
Mentioning Black Hole got my attention.

Victor, Tell me more about what you are thinking about, I am not following what you are suggesting.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:58 pm

JohnM wrote:

Victor, Tell me more about what you are thinking about, I am not following what you are suggesting.
John the idea was doing Tenyo Geometrick effect on Black Hole.

The concept is simple. As we knew that the principal of Black Hole device is The Switch. My Idea was having 2 addon cards : 1 card with hole of circle form and 1 card with the hole of square form. The effect we will get is more to transformation effect like Geometrick instead of penetration. We need also to prepare the circle block and the square block.

The routine will be the same as Geometrik. We can show 1st the card with hole in circle form, Using the Circle block showing that the hole is a real hole and at the other side the 2nd card (card with square hole) is loaded in the Black hole. Then we insert the circle card into the block hole, do a magical gesture and transform it to the card with square. Use the square block to show it is a real square hole. The good thing is we can show both sides of the card and hand it out for examination.

The exterior design on the Black Hole itself could be replace with another add on which fits more to Geometrick.

Hope you get my point John ;)

Vic

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:36 am

I think the idea is really good, but the thing it would miss from geometrick which was really powerful was the hole in the middle.
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:48 am

Yes Simon....at the end every tenyo props have it's own uniqueness. Geometrick is also a great invention too, but Black Hole has so many possibilities and flexibilities....even I should say....too many. :)

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:20 am

VictorS wrote:
JohnM wrote:

John the idea was doing Tenyo Geometrick effect on Black Hole.

The concept is simple. As we knew that the principal of Black Hole device is The Switch. My Idea was having 2 addon cards : 1 card with hole of circle form and 1 card with the hole of square form. The effect we will get is more to transformation effect like Geometrick instead of penetration. We need also to prepare the circle block and the square block.

The routine will be the same as Geometrik. We can show 1st the card with hole in circle form, Using the Circle block showing that the hole is a real hole and at the other side the 2nd card (card with square hole) is loaded in the Black hole. Then we insert the circle card into the block hole, do a magical gesture and transform it to the card with square. Use the square block to show it is a real square hole. The good thing is we can show both sides of the card and hand it out for examination.

The exterior design on the Black Hole itself could be replace with another add on which fits more to Geometrick.

Hope you get my point John ;)

Vic
Victor,
I understand now. That is a great idea. The main problem I see with making the cards is to cut/punch the round hole to 1.875." I have large round punches but not of that size. I will have to see if I can find one of that exact size. I think it would be better to use the actual blocks from Geometrick so that exact sized hole is important.

Simon,
I think this can be just as good even though there is no hole in the device. With Geometrick you have the hole but you have to turn the device over. With a Black Hole, there is no need to turn the device over.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:27 am

JohnM wrote: Victor,
I understand now. That is a great idea. The main problem I see with making the cards is to cut/punch the round hole to 1.875." I have large round punches but not of that size. I will have to see if I can find one of that exact size. I think it would be better to use the actual blocks from Geometrick so that exact sized hole is important.

Simon,
I think this can be just as good even though there is no hole in the device. With Geometrick you have the hole but you have to turn the device over. With a Black Hole, there is no need to turn the device over.
You`re welcome John. Just for a 1st try, would the material like the USPCC Bicycle card or any thin cardboard work and fit into the Black Hole ? I believe it is not mandatory to have the same plastic material as the original version unless we will got in trouble.

Simon and John,
How about making a hole on Black Hole ? :D

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:09 am

Can't make a hole in a Black Hole.

I was thinking card stock, but to cut a clean circle would be hard with a razor knife. The square is of course easier.

Now I am thinking thin plastic. That I can rough cut and shape with a file and sanding stick reasonably well.

And Now I am thinking to have plastic cards printed like I do for Bird Brain and Think A Drink. Then they could be gray and have the green border. The green border would make it really nice.

The plastic is a bit thin so shaping it will not be as easy but I think it will be OK. Maybe not great for a perfectionist like me but great for almost everyone else.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:21 am

If you decide the size required I can Laser cut the cards In any material, It'll be the best way to get the circle and square exact. I can draw you guys up a set :)
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:55 am

This could be the first Jenzo Harmonics Add-On. Of course we should make sure we are not stepping on something that Victor wanted to do.

Can you laser cut a clean hole and apply a green vinyl border?

The thickness of the red plastic cards that come with black hole are .020" or .5mm.

That should work fine for this and great if you have light grey, or what do you think about clear?

Don't forget the rounded corners.

While you are at it you might as well make your own blocks for those that do not have Geometrick.

How about 10mm translucent green acrylic.

I think a circle hole of 48mm would be a close fit for the circle and 40mm for the square but if you make your own blocks it could be any size. The red card is approx. 62mm x 86mm

Put me down for a set.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:03 pm

I can certainly do .5mm with a green border :) I'll try out some colours on Monday. Are the dimensions the same as the shapes that come with geometrick? If so id be able to offer the shapes for anyone who didn't own it already.
All the more reason to snap up a Houdinis Black Box!!
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:04 pm

Ah think I typed that as you were editing yours, great minds John, great minds :)
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:18 pm

JohnM wrote:This could be the first Jenzo Harmonics Add-On. Of course we should make sure we are not stepping on something that Victor wanted to do.
Wohooo...the RnD team starts the engine now. Good luck guys. you are the experts....hope we can see more fun in the near future. ;)