Ghost Card: How well do you travel?

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
Brett H

Ghost Card: How well do you travel?

Post by Brett H » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:44 pm

I have a question regarding Ghost Card. On the Genii forums (yes, I know), someone asked what are some good Tenyo to 'play from the pockets'. To which I launched almost a dozen Tenyo ideas at them. I was told that Ghost Card is not really the best trick to play from the pockets because of the gimmick.

I have an idea what the gimmick is, but my question is this: is Ghost Card REALLY that finnicky?

I'm thinking of not having it in a pocket, but rather a traveling case for strolling. But is the gimmick really that sensitive?
Where's my colon?!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: Ghost Card: How well do you travel?

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:51 am

Yes it is. You need to prepaire the trick in the petri dish, carefully place the dish on the table and start the trick.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:53 am

David DeTenyo wrote:Yes it is. You need to prepaire the trick in the petri dish, carefully place the dish on the table and start the trick.
are you thinking of Card Surgery?
Where's my colon?!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:21 am

Heck I was! Sorry for that.

About Ghost Card, this one really needs practice and the gimmick is indeed VERY 'finicky'. When stored right you won't damage it, but this trick really doesn't suit me personal. Too hard to do convincing.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:41 pm

David DeTenyo wrote:Heck I was! Sorry for that.

About Ghost Card, this one really needs practice and the gimmick is indeed VERY 'finicky'. When stored right you won't damage it, but this trick really doesn't suit me personal. Too hard to do convincing.
Oh man, that stinks. Sounds like it's a trick you hold in storage until you're ready.

I will say, it is an odd one to make any sort of conventional routine with. To me, it's a trick that you do it without a lot of warning for the spectator.
Like you're setting up for a completely different trick--like a card prediction; then you eat them.

My daughter loves the trick and I want to use one in a set. But if it's that easily damaged; We just might have to share one.

But I read that right? Damaged? Not jostled? But easily damaged?
Where's my colon?!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:54 am

If you're carefull you won't damage it, it's not that it falls into 1000 pieces if you drop it on the table or something ;)