Third Eye: Can a child do it?

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
Brett H

Third Eye: Can a child do it?

Post by Brett H » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:03 pm

All right. When I initially saw a video for Third Eye. I immediately wrote it off as an 'adult trick'. But looking at it now, I see it more of a way to get more participation for a childrens show.

Here's the thing. I don't know the gimmick; is a child able to 'wield' the Third Eye and pick the right card?

Also, since this is a Lubor-made trick; I'm going to take a stab and say that the cards are gimmicked and I won't be able to use my own?
Where's my colon?!

VictorS

Re: Third Eye: Can a child do it?

Post by VictorS » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:09 am

Our Mike had the experience that he shared with us

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=963#p10405

I have a same opinion with Mike. It would be suitable for teenagers or adults who have better response on what they see and how should they react in order to deliver the magical effect to the audience. So the audience participation and cooperation here are crucial for third eye routine. The cards are specially designed and added with special material. If you are lucky, maybe you can find that "special material".

Brett H

Re: Third Eye: Can a child do it?

Post by Brett H » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:39 am

VictorS wrote:Our Mike had the experience that he shared with us

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=963#p10405

I have a same opinion with Mike. It would be suitable for teenagers or adults who have better response on what they see and how should they react in order to deliver the magical effect to the audience. So the audience participation and cooperation here are crucial for third eye routine. The cards are specially designed and added with special material. If you are lucky, maybe you can find that "special material".
I read Mikes experience every now and then. But I completely blanked that he used Third Eye. I think I would need to make some modifications to make it better for an audience of kids (like writing down the prediction on a large piece of poster board and having it displayed after the final reveal).
It's a good trick with a lot of good participation. There's got to be a way to do a 'prediction' trick for kids that would normally work for adults.

But it's good that kids CAN do it. That helps tremendously.
Where's my colon?!