Pendant is it any good?

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
gazpratley
Charter Member

Pendant is it any good?

Post by gazpratley » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:24 am

Hi guys and gal, iam thinking about buying pendant, I would like your opinions on whether the trick is any good or not, iam thinking of getting the Disney Frozen version as Hitomi sells this in her shop,and I cant justify buying the 1970s version which goes for a lot of money! any views would be appreciated, cheers Gaz p.

VictorS

Re: Pendant is it any good?

Post by VictorS » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:01 pm

Hi Gaz,

For me it is a nice trick. Not the best but I love the idea. I think the rare original bunny coin from 1st Pendant version makes the price very expensive today, not the method or the clever mechanical secret behind the props. I`m not sure about the Frozen Pendant, but I love to have Mickey Mouse or Cinderella version, it has extra advantage to do another effect. Look at the design of the pendant. You will probably recognize what the advantage is ;) We had the discussion also before here viewtopic.php?f=33&t=582&p=5032&hilit=pendant#p5032
It will give you better overview.

Vic

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:20 pm

My daughter and I just got the Frozen Pendant not too long ago. Got it from Tokyo Hobby. You can figure it out just looking at the Japanese instructions.

At the very very least, it's a well done necklace. As far as performance goes, it requires a bit of practice and the envelope is quite a ways fragile. I'm a bit scared to practice with it.
It does have a very subtle white and blue picture of Elsa on the envelope.
As for the additional effect, the Frozen Pendant didn't come with one. All we have is the one where you drop the separated pendant into the bag, dip the chain, and now its attached.

What would the additional performance be?

If you're getting it for a younger one or you're collecting one, by all means.

But it's not my first pick if it was me to perform it myself.
Where's my colon?!

gazpratley
Charter Member

Post by gazpratley » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:45 pm

thanks for your opinions guys,i will have a think about it.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:31 pm

The extra effect is another routine in which you take the pendant off and on the chain without using the envelope. You can see it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oarWUb8Msw0

The other Disney versions come with the routine but the Frozen version does not. That is because of the design of the pendant there is no way to really do the "off" part of the routine although you can do the second part where it goes back on the chain.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:14 pm

My son likes to perform this in a similar manner to Jay Sankey's Leaving Home trick.
Here's a very quick video:

Shan

Post by Shan » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:27 am

Hi gaz
I was thinking of actually getting one too it's so pretty!
But the one thing I want to know is can I wear it regularly and be able to perform it even if I have it on my neck?
And will the pendent fall off easily?
Thanks!

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:57 pm

Shan,

It won't fall off at all. You can wear it for sure.

Botond
Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:40 pm

My daughter and I already had to repair the chain once. There MIGHT have been a couple of factors in that. But I opened the case I put it in for a recent trip we made last week for Arizona and we had to repair it. MAYBE it doesn't trave well?

But all the times my daughter has worn it it never came apart--even after repair
Where's my colon?!