super coin in nest

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
gazpratley
Charter Member

super coin in nest

Post by gazpratley » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:38 pm

Hi everyone, iam thinking of buying super coin in nest, is this trick any good or not? opinions please.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: super coin in nest

Post by SimonC » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:40 pm

it's a great concept and effect, it really smacks the spectator hard when they start opening the boxes. I've always found the load a little tricky, it kind of sits precariously in your pocket and I can never quite relax. I may well just be cramp at performing it so don't be too deterred, the effect is wicked. two possible alternatives...
1) nest of wallets. same concept but it's an easier load and quieter (pretty much silent) I made my own version but you can also pick them up very cheap. I made some little envelopes which you can use to put the load in a sealed envelope as the last reveal.
2) someone on the forum may already own this. I saw a trick called 'the vault' by David penn, it's the nest of boxes but on a key chain and aparrently easier to load. check the video out here..
http://youtu.be/n_f-bSGW2OQ
I'm tempted by it but waiting for some more reviews before I go for it.

hope this helps
Now you see me...

AlexBrazil

Post by AlexBrazil » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:21 pm

I have a similar trick that came with the incredible Criss Angel magic set.

The effect is really surprising. Your audience will be amazed!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:56 pm

Simon and Alex said it all.

When peformed right, it is GREAT, and the brand (Tenyo or ...) does not matter. Buy it as cheap as you can Gaz ;) In doubt, contact me ;) (or Simon, John, ... ...)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:32 pm

Highly recommended Gaz ! I was lucky to get the Tenyo version too years ago.

I always love props that looks innocent and it can be handed out for examination. As Simon said, Nest Of Wallet is also another good version.

If you see on Planet Tenyo:
http://funstuffonly.com/tenyo/t071-t080/#t073
that`s all the props you get and it is ready to perform. No other further setup / setting required, no trap doors, secret compartments, etc. All you need to do is to put the whole thing in your pocket.

For me, it is one of the great classic, innocent, simple but very ingenious. clever gimmick and method. There is also another brass version available on market which quite nice too but you need to ensure that it will work smooth especially when the spec open the box one by one. The bad one will stuck from one box to another and it looks stupid.

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:18 am

Coin in Nest on ebay :D

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:01 pm

It's not just a "similar" trick AlexBrazil: it's a copy of Tenyo's original "Super Coin in Nest" made by Eddy's magic in China. Eddy manufactured the two sets for Criss Angel. They're excellent magic sets, as long as you don't mind supporting folks who steal ideas from Tenyo.

AlexBrazil

Post by AlexBrazil » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:48 pm

Oh, I did not know about that, Jimmy.

Actually, I just learned about Tenyo 3 months ago. Since then, I became an addict!

One question, though: is Eddy's Magic authorized to sell Tenyo magic, as Milton Bradley once was? In the "for member's only" area, I saw some pictures of Tenyo products sold by Eddie's Magic, in similar boxes, sold in Hong Kong.

So, is Eddie's Magic paying for Tenyo to use a trick of theirs in a Criss Angel set? Because it is a set sold in the US, I suppose they are licensing the trick. But I may be wrong.