Replacing The Millionaire`s Dream Gimmick

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
VictorS

Replacing The Millionaire`s Dream Gimmick

Post by VictorS » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:55 pm

Hallo everyone,

I am very happy to meet our BobD again in Manila for the 3rd time this week and Bob was so kind to give me a beautiful present Tenyo Millionaire`s Dream. Many thanks again Bob ;) I love overall the props and especially the routine although everything look so easy and simple.

I`m not sure if we had this discussion already but looking on the gimmick to produce the coin, it seems that the gimmick was specially produced for Japanese coin only. Has anyone tried to modify it to coin which fit in your local currency ? It was a pity that Tenyo did not constructed the gimmick similar to the coin fan production so it could be "clipped" and used for every coin.

Thanks for much in advance for sharing ideas guys.

Vic

Brett H

Re: Replacing The Millionaire`s Dream Gimmick

Post by Brett H » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:22 am

I believe there is both an English and a Japanese version.

At least, from what i can tell, there are two different boxed versions.

I was considering using Millionaires Dream a good while back. And the Yen one could work for you--if you can work the patter and presentation.

The Idea I had was that it produces the wrong currency. So I would have the gimmick pop out different currencies (although, at the time, I believed that the coin was 'clipped on'. Sucks that it isn't. But it's workable)

Just do the routine as normal, but act surprised as it pops out Yen. Get more increasingly frustrated as that's all to popping out. Then at the end, have it produce a bill from a completely different country that isn't helpful to what you're looking for (say, Canadian currency). Pull the bill slowly, showing barely the top, 'yes, all right! A bill!' Pull it all the way out. '...you have to be kidding me!'

It's an idea.
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:00 am

"You can work the otter" that sounds interesting ;)
Excuse me dear I'm just off to work the otter
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:13 am

Crap! You got me. I hate how my phone tries to predict what I want to say, and it gets it right some of the time. Then I let the leash go a bit, and it starts acting stupid.

'You mean OTTER! Right?!'
Where's my colon?!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:06 am

Brett H wrote:I believe there is both an English and a Japanese version.

I was considering using Millionaires Dream a good while back. And the Yen one could work for you--if you can work the patter and presentation.

The Idea I had was that it produces the wrong currency. So I would have the gimmick pop out different currencies (although, at the time, I believed that the coin was 'clipped on'. Sucks that it isn't. But it's workable)

Just do the routine as normal, but act surprised as it pops out Yen. Get more increasingly frustrated as that's all to popping out. Then at the end, have it produce a bill from a completely different country that isn't helpful to what you're looking for (say, Canadian currency). Pull the bill slowly, showing barely the top, 'yes, all right! A bill!' Pull it all the way out. '...you have to be kidding me!'

It's an idea.
Thanks Brett for the great and funny Idea :) Yes I forgot it should be 2 versions. The one Bob gave to me was the Japanese version. You were right, changing the presentation for the routine is also another solution. For example, how the Japanese people in case of emergency produce magically their change / coins if they need it but they have only a bill available in their wallet. Would be funny also after producing several coins from the bill and we open the bill at the end and found that the bill full with holes (with exact size of the coin). It will look funny but logical. It should be easy also to construct such gimmick bill also. Not a bad idea huh ? :) Aha...this reminds me also to commercial ads.from Tommy Wonder that he burned a bill and change it into coins. This is fun !!! :) :) :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:06 am

Sometimes I wonder about wondering.
and now, on with the show ...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:56 pm

VictorS wrote:
Brett H wrote:I believe there is both an English and a Japanese version.

It's an idea.
Thanks Brett for the great and funny Idea :) Yes I forgot it should be 2 versions. The one Bob gave to me was the Japanese version. You were right, changing the presentation for the routine is also another solution. For example, how the Japanese people in case of emergency produce magically their change / coins if they need it but they have only a bill available in their wallet. Would be funny also after producing several coins from the bill and we open the bill at the end and found that the bill full with holes (with exact size of the coin). It will look funny but logical. It should be easy also to construct such gimmick bill also. Not a bad idea huh ? :) Aha...this reminds me also to commercial ads.from Tommy Wonder that he burned a bill and change it into coins. This is fun !!! :) :) :)
This reminds me of Gob from Arrested Development.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wCnBR6u888g

I like the 'bill with holes'. That is brilliant!

I did think of one this morning: instead of a bill, you replace it with an 'IOU'. With that, you could use the bag. Reveal that there's nothing inside (I don't have the trick. I have an idea of how the bill gimmick works. Not sure about the bag--if there is one. So I'm not sure if there's a way to make a sound of the currency hitting the bag and somehow making it 'disappear'.) and then reveal the IOU from the bill.

This is great brainstorming. You don't hear much about Millionaires Dream. Not sure if there's a bad rap about it or what. I feel like even the most underused and even disliked Tenyo have a way to become presentable. You just have to go beyond the instructions. Make the presentation as ingenious as the trick and gimmicks that they make.
Where's my colon?!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:50 pm

Nice youtube link Brett with that flash bill ;) I remembered a joke but true story that an amateur magician tried to make a flash bill and he took a piece of flash paper and put it into the xerox copy machine and you know what happen next :) :) :)