Vanishing Point

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
SimonC
Global Moderator

Vanishing Point

Post by SimonC » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:08 pm

I just received (thanks mazza) vanishing point and have been having fun practicing.
The only part I don't like in the routine is the bit where you have to act like a plum and "whoops!" Drop the ca*d. I've found my way around it by, whilst attention is focused on the apparatus, giving a very light blow (or even a small breath, if the c*rd is rested against the ba*l then it will probably fall over with a gnats fart. It removes the need to 'fumble'.
I'm now working on a bag to take the bal* out of that I can steal it back into at the end rather than plucking it out from under the table. One should not fumble with ones balls under the table. Sorry, B*lls.
Now you see me...

Richard W
Global Moderator

Re: Vanishing Point

Post by Richard W » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:02 pm

So you say it's better to bag your b*lls than to fumble them under the table. :lol:
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:09 pm

I asked for that
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:06 am

I've been experiencing some problems with my ball-bag.
Wait.
The Bag that I had made, in which to store and reappear my ball, has been experiencing hitherto some issues that, umm...
I've been experiencing some problems with my ball-bag.
Essentially I've decided to do away with that idea all together as it was silly. What I have managed to work out tho, is that, if I have my magical pop-up card in its envelope, in full view whilst performing VP, I can make the ball appear from within it at the end of the trick. It may even look quite nice to get a fresh env*lope and stick a large red dot on the front to tie the whole thing together.
This would probably work in a similar way with 4D Trunk from watching videos of it but I don't own it (yet) so can only assume. I won't make any more jokes about balls. Or putting them in a tiny briefcase. Or a birthday card.
TTFN
Now you see me...

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:31 am

Good idea to combine it with the Magical Pop Up card.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:04 pm

Cheers. Another nice part about using the pop up card is at the start of the trick you can have the black card and playing card in the envelope too. Bosh.
Now you see me...

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:25 pm

I really like that! I've never really used Vanishing Point much as the trick never really appealed to me but I will definitely have to give this idea a try.

BTW it wouldn't really work as well with 4D truck as there is no easy way to slip the ball into the trunk. You would have to do something like keep the case on your lap, put the ball in, and then bring the case out.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:46 pm

I've been practicing it all day and I love it now. When I saw I'd demoed at davenports in London I thought, "that's crap I'd never use that" but I've realised it's all about the angles, and the pop up card puts a nice finish to the whole thing. I showed my mate and said " this is a tabletop version of a big stage disappearing act, and in this envelope is "the grand finale"
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:48 pm

Great Combination!!

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:08 pm

Brilliant Simon! Awesome combination!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:50 am

Thanks for sharing Simon, wonderfull routine indeed!

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:45 pm

So I had a chance to try out the Vanishing Point+Magic Pop Up combo on a couple of people today and I have to say it went rather well. They were pretty amazed.
Only after doing it I was thinking if there would be a way to make more of a connection between the envelope and the Vanishing Point.
At first I thought it would be great if I could put the envelope in front of the ball instead of the playing card. Then I can push the envelope down and say the ball obviously went into the envelope.
However I could not get the envelope to stay up without having the playing card there first to hold it up. And once the playing card was there, there didn't seem to be any reason for the envelope to be there.

So instead I decided to put the envelope on the top of the card and the black cardboard thingy. So in that way the "ball" was totally surrounded. You had the playing card in front, Cardboard thingy from behind and the envelope on top. Then I pulled away the card and cardboard away so the the envelope fell directly on the platform. Where did the ball go? It must have went into the envelope.

Not sure if this really makes it a better routine but i had fun playing around with it.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:27 am

That's a cool idea, I'll be trying that out today. You could always print out a graphic of a cage front or a safe or vault and stick it to the front of an envelope for the card, say there's a safety deposit box inside. There's some graphics I put up in the printables section you may be able to tweak.
Si
Now you see me...