Mystery China Box

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
magicjeff

Mystery China Box

Post by magicjeff » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:05 pm

So, I couldn`t find a thread for this specific effect in this section, so I guess I will start it. So I am sure I am not the 1st one to think of this, But I am going to perform the China box with skittles. The fun size packs, that way the spectator can freely choose 3 I am going to use for the illusion and they keep the rest. I think this would further defuse the thought of extra balls, even thought I have not had that problem yet. Thoughts?

Richard Kaufman

Re: Mystery China Box

Post by Richard Kaufman » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:10 pm

If it works equally well with Skittles, then this is an excellent idea!

magicjeff

Post by magicjeff » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:38 pm

So,I tested it out a few times, They don`t roll as well as the balls so,so one time it missed the short tube, but other than that it seems to work great....Ah I got it! Instead of Skittles...gob stoppers?

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:09 pm

magicjeff wrote:So,I tested it out a few times, They don`t roll as well as the balls so,so one time it missed the short tube, but other than that it seems to work great....Ah I got it! Instead of Skittles...gob stoppers?
You could also go with Sixlets or larger baking sprinkles (the circular kind). Either way, those will give you a larger depth in the color variety if need be. But Gobstoppers are super durable.
Where's my colon?!

magicjeff

Post by magicjeff » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:15 pm

Good idea, i`ll test them out.