Lie Detector Animation Frame

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
VictorS

Lie Detector Animation Frame

Post by VictorS » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:46 am

Hi everyone,

first of all I would like to thank our Steve for the trade (finally I may own this) and I would like to thank our Madison for the first inspiration. Thank you guys...you are awesome ! I will try to describe the effect longer in this thread but probably you will get the idea by looking at the pic. I love Animation Frame, it is simple, funny and it works very clever. But I would like to add another effect in it in order to make the routine longer and interesting and also have an interactive routine with the spectator. At the other side, this alternative routine will probably take the heat away from the frame. I will share printing materials which I made if you want to try the routine or I believe most of you are handy and creative enough to make your own version. So stay tuned guys... ;) Thank you !

Vic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: Lie Detector Animation Frame

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:45 am

That looks awesome Victor!

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:00 am

I don't immediately get it ... are the two frames interchangeable???

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:31 am

Already looking great! The fruit cards look very nice in particular.
Thanks for offering to share your design with the forum, can't wait to see what you come up with :)
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:54 pm

Can't wait to see it!
Where's my colon?!

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:30 pm

Victor, you have a good idea, but you are reinventing Billy's original version of the trick. His began with a lie detector that made Pinocchio's nose grow longer. Suzuki and Shimomura requested that he eliminate the Lie Detector part of the trick to simplify it.

I believe they were wrong, and the the trick would have been greatly improved with the extra Lie Detector part.

So congratulations! You are recreating the original routine!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:13 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:Victor, you have a good idea, but you are reinventing Billy's original version of the trick. His began with a lie detector that made Pinocchio's nose grow longer. Suzuki and Shimomura requested that he eliminate the Lie Detector part of the trick to simplify it.

I believe they were wrong, and the the trick would have been greatly improved with the extra Lie Detector part.

So congratulations! You are recreating the original routine!
Wow....what a coincidence. Really happy to hear this. Thanks for the info Richard ! Please send my regards to Billy in case you meet him someday. Thank you so much in advance.
Last edited by VictorS on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:21 pm

Hi again everyone, so sorry for being late, some of the files are gone and I need time to re-work out again.

Thanks guys. Rob, we are using only 1 frame for this. Let me explain the whole thing as short and as simple as I can (I hope).

First of all, the effect:
The magician introduces a small frame with the Pinnochio picture inside and explain the audience that the picture was cut from a story book and framed. The frame is a special frame which can detect truth or lie.
On the table, there are 8 cards with fruit pictures on it and all can be mixed / shuffled by the spec.

Magician runs the card one by one from the bottom of the pile to the top and whenever spec would like to stop, they can say it out loud. The spec. remembers the selection and shuffles it again. Then the magician ask question: “Is this your card ?” by showing card one by one, but whatever fruit card they see, they only may only say “YES” so the magician will not have any idea if the spec lie or not. But the frame will detect spec voice and do the task.

The magician takes the frame with the Pinnochio picture inside the frame and hold it in his hand and while doing this, the magician take the first card and ask the question. Once spec should shout “YES!”, the frame will know if the spec lie or not. If they lie, the Pinnochio`s nose will magically grow by itself until it stops to the correct card then the nose will magically shrink into the normal size as before. The spec must be very curious about the picture and the magician opens the frame but also other mystery happens, behind the picture, they can found the part of the picture that Pinnochio holds the fruit selected by the spec. Is it a coincidence? No…. it`s a miracle.

What you need :
>8 animation frame cards with fruits picture on it. The apple card can be marked by your own method so you can easily detect the position later on in the pile. I add dot with black market to mark the card. The apple card should be forced later on in the routine.
>The Pinnochio picture with the prediction (apple) behind it.

Setup:
>Put the Pinnochio picture into the frame, ensure the correct position and put inside the bag.
>Put also all 8 cards into the bag and you are ready to go.

Routine:
As described in the effect. Basically the method is simple. We need to force the apple card to the spec and control the card later on at the 3rd position from the top of the pile. I use the glide force for this routine. Why 3rd position? Well actually can be more than 3. I like to show the nose grows twice and at the 3rd time it will shrink again. I think this is maximum. So the question to the spec is actually fake, since we have already known the card selection and control it to the 3rd position. But somehow for the spec, they will think that the lie detector is really working. I use the handling which shown in the demo below (2nd handling start in 0:22) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8c5oOc7hXM

I love the last part when we open the frame and show that in the story book Pinnochio really took the fruit selected by spec. ,in this case (apple). I think this will distract and lead spec to another mystery and they can also fully examine the picture and found nothing tricky.

Here (as attached) are printing materials you can use for the routine. Unfortunately you have to do the color print out on A4 paper, do the cut and paste job in order to transform it becoming cards. I laminated the cards so it becomes thicker, smooth and spreadable. It helps for the gliding process too. All graphics came from Mr. Google and I just made and editing works. Of course any cards can be used. You can use blank cards also with all names of fruit written on it.

In addition, I tried to design the back of the Pinnochio picture and thanks for the inspiration from Madison from his excellent presentation here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeuEaNiY2kc

This can be printed out 2 sided on A4 paper and cut out (hopefully there will be no size and color adjustment during the printing because the size should be exact) or we can only print out the back side only and paste it on the back of the Pinnochio pic. This is a little subtlety to convince the spec that the picture is really cut out from a story book. I think the apple prediction can become a good climax and help to take away the heat on the frame.

I`m writing too much already, I hope you enjoy the idea. Any other ideas are welcome of course.
Thank you !

Cheers,
Vic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by VictorS on Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:24 pm

The Pinnochio pic cut out from story book (including the prediction). The ones with long nose would be not relevant for routine I described above but probably can be used for other routine.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:51 am

What a fantastic idea Victor ! And the fruit pictures really look beautiful !

This is something I want to use, it gives Animation Frame a real function !

Thank you for sharing this and your clear explanation!

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:35 pm

You are very welcome Victor. Happy to help and I am delighted with what you are doing with it! Beautiful work my friend! :D
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:53 pm

Just got round to reading the routine (I wanted to give it my full attention).
I love it! I particularly like the nuance of making the picture from a page in the book and the added awesomeness of that then being a bonus reveal at the end! Brilliant stuff Vic, thanks for sharing :)
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:07 am

Thanks for the compliments everyone ! :) I`m really glad that you like it.

I am quite sure everybody is familiar with the glide force, there are many tutorials on tube and here is on of them :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxxO4ZMuYFg
the difference only after I take 1 card, I put it on the top of the pile and not on the table, so it will be circulated.

If anyone needs better resolution for the printing material, just let me know. I am more than happy to send you via personal email. My email : vsuperanto@gmail.com I need to resize the picture here because it is only allowed up to 1 mb per file. I used MS Power Point to do the design and I believe it`s standard application in every home. Or it can be converted also to PDF.

Wish you good luck and fun by performing in case you will try the routine ! ;)

Cheers,
Vic

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:55 am

I think that Victor deserves an FSO "BRILLIANCE" award!!!

Very cool thoughts, presentation, and clear detailed explanation.
and now, on with the show ...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:44 am

BluBob wrote:I think that Victor deserves an FSO "BRILLIANCE" award!!!

Very cool thoughts, presentation, and clear detailed explanation.
Haha....thanks so much Bob...we need lots of award here.... we are luckily surrounded by many creative and brilliant thinkers in this forum ;)

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:54 am

What a wonderfull routine and props you have made Victor ... and so very kind of you to share them with us! I will definately make the cards, all I need is some good quality paper. I might also print them on labels and paste them on blanc Bicycle cards, the air cushing finish makes such a great difference when performing the glide force.
Good for us Europeans you made it on A4 size paper and not the kind used in the USA with their medieval imperial units :D (sorry guys I do NOT understand why you are still not on the metric system :P )
Bravo Victor!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:14 am

David DeTenyo wrote: Good for us Europeans you made it on A4 size paper and not the kind used in the USA with their medieval imperial units :D (sorry guys I do NOT understand why you are still not on the metric system :P )
Bravo Victor!
Whoops...just for your info A4 will be 21 X 29,7 cm size of paper. Could be not standard for certain countries but I believe it is easily available worldwide.
Thanks for mentioning this David and thanks for the compliments too ;)

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:09 pm

What's the metric system?
Phooey!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:50 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:What's the metric system?
Phooey!
This might be helpfull Richard :P :lol:

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:50 pm

Epson has many types of A4 professional papers.

Ultra Glossy, Thick Presentation Paper, Satin, Matte, Creative, Fine Art, and many many more ...
and now, on with the show ...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:28 am

And Epson has a Belgian site :) Thanks for the info BluBob!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:01 am

For the Pinnochio story book picture, I prefer to print out on normal paper but maybe we can choose the heavier one (above 100 gr). Similar material to the common story book. Photo paper especially the glossy one has glossy surface only at one side. Or double sided glossy paper could work also, just like common magazine paper.

EvanS

Post by EvanS » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:39 am

Nice work, Victor! You actually inspired me to seek out an Animation Frame. My wallet thanks you (but not my wife).

I really appreciate the graphics you created. Thanks, too, for sharing!

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:30 pm

Is Animation Frame discontinued?

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:42 pm

Indeed it is but I know someone who has a brand new one available for $55 including shipping to the US. ;)
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!