Mighty Metals - Tenyo Excalibur created by Shigeru Sugawara (1985)

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
VictorS

Mighty Metals - Tenyo Excalibur created by Shigeru Sugawara (1985)

Post by VictorS » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:15 am

Hi again everyone,

In the last 2 weeks, I take an opportunity to practice one of the rarely performed Tenyo, the Excalibur, created by the genius Shigeru Sugawara in 1985. This prop is not so practical to be performed because it has obvious problem with the sound and probably people has no confidence to perform it. In this video, I didn`t perform the original routine because I missed the metal slugs. And although the basic performance not only showing the penetration and also transformation, I think people could have the idea that there should be something happen in the case. Spectators are not stupid. So because of missing slugs, I only take the penetration effect using 4 coins but I added a convincer such as a piece of post it note paper and I used the paper cutter instead of the sword. I hope you will love the idea behind this performance and hopefully this can enrich our Tenyo video performance references.

Have a great weekend everyone !

Cheers,
Victor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoTrmed ... k494AaABAg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Re: Mighty Metals - Tenyo Excalibur created by Shigeru Sugawara (1985)

Post by Roberto B. » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:20 pm

Great idea Victor!...I think that the only penetration version that you perform enhances the effect...adding the transformation phase adds confusion and eclipse the penetration part...I think in this effect less is more.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:53 am

Roberto B. wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:20 pm
Great idea Victor!...I think that the only penetration version that you perform enhances the effect...adding the transformation phase adds confusion and eclipse the penetration part...I think in this effect less is more.
Thank you Roberto. Actually that was my consideration why not choosing the transformation of the coins beside the missing slugs :). Combining 2 effects penetration and changing in 1 time could be more suspicious in my opinion. Once it penetrates and it changes so it must be "switch" inside. Spec is not stupid. It will be different impact if we can show first the penetration, show the coin are restored and transform it into another coins. That would be perfect but I think not possible using the Excalibur. I think the penetration itself is already enough to baffle the spec and the paper cut in 2 can convince more ;)

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:05 pm

Another great idea and performance Victor!

Before I started seriously collecting Tenyo, Excalibur is one I had my eye on, and when I got it, I played with it a bit, but never performed it.