Magic painting

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
SimonC
Global Moderator

Magic painting

Post by SimonC » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:58 pm

Evening all, I was just playing with magic painting and was wondering, does anyone have an effective method of dumping the gimmick at the end? It's the part that stops me performing this trick more often, when you get to the part between where you show the full red tube for a second time and "squash" it...
Now you see me...

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Re: Magic painting

Post by Elliot W. » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:07 pm

First of all I usually do this sitting down by a table. When it comes to squeezing the red tube. I tell the spectator to squeeze it but just a little tiny bit. When the spectator pushes down on the card I scream that it was too much. Sure enough I show them the card and there is paint all over the place. I make a big deal out of this with lots of movement one of which brings my other hand to the edge of the table. The spectator is always completely focused on the messy card and I can easily let the extra fall to my lap.
When I turn over the painting I tell them they are lucky they did not ruin my painting. :)