The Moons of Jupiter

Here you can discuss performing Tenyo. Routines, Combinations, Add-Ons, Repairs, etc.
David (Felderswynne)

The Moons of Jupiter

Post by David (Felderswynne) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:47 pm

Just a thought, I do not know the mechanism of the MOJ, but I wondered, could it be adapted as a teaching device? Could one modify the trick to change from a full moon to a crescent moon? If you could devise a trick that went with it say one that shows the effects of the moon on the tides. Or, adapt it to fit an interesting discussion about Jupiter's moons?
"The mystery becomes greater as the box becomes smaller"

Brett H

Re: The Moons of Jupiter

Post by Brett H » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:00 am

David (Felderswynne) wrote:Just a thought, I do not know the mechanism of the MOJ, but I wondered, could it be adapted as a teaching device? Could one modify the trick to change from a full moon to a crescent moon? If you could devise a trick that went with it say one that shows the effects of the moon on the tides. Or, adapt it to fit an interesting discussion about Jupiter's moons?
That is an interesting premise. Especially if you can modify he trick AND develop the patter to go with a learning routine.

I figure you'd have to make 4 new disks to make h look like actual phases of the moon and not a yellow waning and a red waxing, etc

I'm curious to know how this would turn out as it sounds completely do-able
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:21 am

In this section (performing tenyo) look a bit further down the list for "wonderful routine using moons of Jupiter" Roberto posted a great video that may be a start for what you're thinking of...
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:02 am

SimonC wrote:In this section (performing tenyo) look a bit further down the list for "wonderful routine using moons of Jupiter" Roberto posted a great video that may be a start for what you're thinking of...
http://funstuffonly.com/tenyoforum/view ... f=10&t=760