Info wanted about some Tenyo effects only sold in Japan

Here you can discuss Collecting Tenyo. Packaging, Variations, Rare Items, etc.
David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Info wanted about some Tenyo effects only sold in Japan

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:21 am

I've been on the fence for quite some time now about some Tenyo effects only available in Japan. If one of you has one or some of these any info on them would be very welcome. All are available from Tokyo Hobby.

- Tenyo Japan 130131 MAGICAL ROPE
- Tenyo Japan 139103 MAGICAL FLAG
- Tenyo Japan 130087 MULTIPLY FLOWER

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Re: Info wanted about some Tenyo effects only sold in Japan

Post by Elliot W. » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:08 am

I have Multiply Flower.The props are nice enough and it works how you would expect it to. Will take a little bit practice to do it convincingly but nothing too difficult.
Here's a demo of it in case you haven't seen it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZU5Z1Qgayo

Was thinking about making a nice flower routine staring off with this, then Floral Fantasy, followed by Million Flower.

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:59 am

Magical Flag is a series of small silk flags of different countries attached to a string. It's not a trick, but an item that compresses and can be produced from another prop like a Phantom Tube.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:18 pm

Thanks for the info Elliot and Jimmy!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:06 am

By the way, I forgot to mention this set: Tenyo Japan 115589 10x SCIENTIFIC MAGIC SET. I once asked about it but never got an answer, so perhaps since then one of you guys has bought it ... .

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:07 am

Was always eyeing that set but never ended up buying it. Was not sure how easy it would be to figure out with only Japanese instructions.
By the way, I'm not completely sure but I believe this set was originally released in other parts of the world as Wow Science. You may be able to find a set of those around somewhere.
http://marksetteducati.com/?p=322

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:51 pm

What a treasure of information you are Elliot, thanks a lot!

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:53 am

Tenyo also distributed the individual Wow Science Magic Tricks in Japan way back when they were still being produced.
Managed to still find some pics around:
Set 1
Set 2
Set 3

AlexBrazil

Post by AlexBrazil » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:28 pm

David, yesterday I bought Magical Rope... but the Olaf version, from Frozen). I plan to perform it in my daughter's birthday. When I arrives here, I will send my review.

The trick is the same, but there is a small Olaf plush doll holding one side of the rope.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tenyo-Magical-R ... 2ee21a3bde

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:15 am

Thanks again for the info Elliot and Alex. I already have a version of Magical Rope, not the Olaf version, and it is a great trick for children indeed :)

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:21 pm

Don't know if you are still interested in the magic science set but I recently found a copy of the Buzz Lightyear version. It is the same exact set but much better because it has Buzz Lightyear all over everything. :D
Science1.jpg
Science2.jpg
The tricks included are:
1.Miracle Water - A cup is full of water and yet you can put a bunch of marbles in without it overflowing.
2. Magic Hanger - You can hold it by one finger and it balances even when you add on 2 cherries. I could not seem to do this one very well. Probably some detail I am missing.
3. Escape Puzzle - figure out how to get a disc out that is trapped behind some small metal balls. I could not figure out how to do this but when I gave it to my son he figured it out in 30 seconds. Apparently it is "basic physics". :ugeek:
4. Magic Top - When you spin it it flips over and spins upside down.
5. Backspin - A surfboard shaped object is spun and on suddenly stops and reverses direction.
6. Direction Change - A picture of Buzz is shown flying left. When a cup of water is filled in front of it Buzz is now flying right.
7. Water Mystery - A card is place on a cup of water and the whole thing is turned upside down. When the card is removed the water remains suspended in the cup.
8. Measurement Trick - Which is longer the height of the cup or the circumference of it's mouth? What about when the cup is place on top of two blocks? The answer may surprise you.
9. Spiral Illusion - Spin a disk and stare at it for a couple of seconds. Then look at the picture of Buzz. Buzz appears to be flying of the page.
10.Spring Illusion - Two spring type things are attached together. When you pull the two sides, they appear to be pulling apart but it is just an illusion.

The instructions include detailed info on the science of how the illusion works but of course everything is in Japanese so not of much use to me. I was able to figure out most of the items from the illustrations but needed Youtube for the rest.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:39 pm

What a cool set !!! My son will love this. Is it still easily available ? Thanks for sharing Elliot :)

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:13 pm

I'm afraid the Buzz Lightyear version does not seem to be available anymore. The regular version is. It has the same exact tricks. Just different designs on the pieces.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:21 am

Thanks for all this info Elliot! It's not on my wishlist anymore, but it's nice to see what's in the box :)