Someone Bought A Really Special Tenyo for Close to Nothing

Here you can discuss Collecting Tenyo. Packaging, Variations, Rare Items, etc.
JohnM
Site Admin

Someone Bought A Really Special Tenyo for Close to Nothing

Post by JohnM » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:45 am

I saw a completed ebay auction for a FANTASTIC Tenyo DIsney Themed Magic Set and was like "DARN" I wish I saw this.

I don't check as often as I used to. When I was actively making my collection probably more than once a day and now maybe once every couple of weeks if even that.

The item is a very rare Tenyo Disney Magic set with two very rare Tricks. Walt Disney World and Coin Case. Both would easily go for several hundreds of dollars each.

I would price the set at $600 but could see it going for $1,000 to certain collectors. Once those one or two collectors got this item I would think that the pricing would drop considerably since neither trick is spectacular, just very rare.

The Walt Disney World (called Mickey's Magic Block in the Set) is similar to Color Vision but has Disney Characters on the six sides and I think uses metal bits and magnetism to determine the answer.

The Coin Case is no different that the many versions of this that were cheaply produced. It even looks cheap itself but has the coveted smoking Tenyo rabbit embossed on it. I bet there are a few Tenyo coin case tossed in a magic drawer here and there.

This set goes against what we know, that Tenyo never had a license to sell Disney themed magic in the US. What is different here is that Tenyo made the set and it was Distributed by Disney as seen in one of the pictures.

Here is a link to the auction and the five pictures that were included with the $39.99 Buy it Now. Yes $39.99. Like I said I wish I saw this. I do not have a Walt Disney World. I would not pay $1000 or even $600 for the set. I would be willing to pay $300 but I would not win against some of the bigger, more active collectors.

I hope one of our guys got this. Maybe Elliot. He is the master at finding great Tenyo at great prices.
s-l1600-2.jpg
s-l1600-1.jpg
s-l1600-3.jpg
s-l1600-4.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Re: Someone Bought A Really Special Tenyo for Close to Nothi

Post by Elliot W. » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:23 pm

WOW! That is an unbelievable set! I don't have Disney World or the Coin Case and would have loved to get this.
I usually check Ebay pretty often but I guess the timing wasn't right for this one. Oh Well.
Do hope it was someone here that got it though...
Last edited by Elliot W. on Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:28 pm

I saw this and wanted to go after it! Unfortunately, October 1-December 31 is birthday and holiday season in my neck of the woods. I look like Uncle Pennybags from Monopoly folding his pockets out paying the poor tax of $15. Look up the card, it's funny!

But man. That's a crazy good deal. Total 'planets aligning' for a great deal for the lucky winner. I'm sure if it was any other time, they'd be paying through the nose, but man, tip of the hat to the lucky winner!
Where's my colon?!

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:42 am

Must admit that I bought it. I already had one and would not have bought this one except that the price was so low I couldn't believe it.

Also, it has the "opposite" color combination of Coin Case than any of the others I have, so I must keep it.

Have never seen any other examples of this set besides the two I have, though there must be others. Also have never seen the Japanese version (shown in Tenyoism) which does not have Sawa's Walt Disney World, but a Card Case (I think).

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:05 pm

"It's a small world after all..."
Disney pun intended :)
Now you see me...