Magician's Rose Add-On Package

Here you can discuss Collecting Tenyo. Packaging, Variations, Rare Items, etc.
Richard Kaufman

Magician's Rose Add-On Package

Post by Richard Kaufman » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:51 pm

I missed this when doing Tenyoism. Neither Kondo nor Shimomura remembered that an add-on package of five additional red flowers was created for "Magician's Rose" (the Japanese name for "Floral Fantasy"). The extra roses appear to be produced all at once, like the climax of a spongeball routine or Rabbit Explosion. Here's a photo.

VictorS

Re: Magician's Rose Add-On Package

Post by VictorS » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:24 pm

Absolutely beautiful ! Thanks for sharing this. This must be extremely rare. I was lucky to get FF although it was not in perfect condition. This is the best sponge rose ever created. Were the red roses prepared also with metal plate or magnets as FF ?

By the way Richard, if I may ask, did Tenyo have their own "secret recipe" to produce their sponge products ? Comparing to excellent supersoft sponge balls by Goshman, I think Tenyo`s soft sponge is still the best, but i believe Goshman is more famous comparing to Tenyo because Goshman has bigger market than Tenyo.

Thanks.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:38 pm

Richard, thanks for sharing this. That's a really nice addition to the Floral Fantasy trick. I'll have to be on the look out for one of those. :)

Victor, The original packaging for Mr. Rabbit says "Softest Rabbit in the World". So I believe Tenyo does have their own recipe which they believe is the softest.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:07 am

Elliot W. wrote: Victor, The original packaging for Mr. Rabbit says "Softest Rabbit in the World". So I believe Tenyo does have their own recipe which they believe is the softest.
Thanks for the info Elliot :) :)

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:07 am

From Richards picture of the instruction sheet it appears as though the are "Five Flying Flowers."

It looks as though I see the green nub of the magnet at the bottom of Richards add-on flowers. Correct?

I was thrilled to run across mine, and will look for the add-on flowers although they have to be very hard to find.

Thanks Richard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
and now, on with the show ...

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:45 pm

Yes, they all have magnets at the base (one is left on the stem).

Those who've memorized (! :)) Tenyoism would know that Sugawara worked with a factory in Japan to develop Tenyo's "Super Soft Sponge."

At the time it was far softer, and compressed more, than any other sponge on the market.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:38 pm

Richard Kaufman wrote:Yes, they all have magnets at the base (one is left on the stem).

Those who've memorized (! :)) Tenyoism would know that Sugawara worked with a factory in Japan to develop Tenyo's "Super Soft Sponge."

At the time it was far softer, and compressed more, than any other sponge on the market.
I see....they "cooked" it together. The quality is really remarkable. Thanks for the info Richard.

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:47 pm

Forgot to mention in my original post that the add-on set was sold only in Japan.