New 2017 Tenyo Line Coming Out on Thursday Sept.22

Here you can discuss Collecting Tenyo. Packaging, Variations, Rare Items, etc.
VictorS

Re: New 2017 Tenyo Line Coming Out on Thursday Sept.22

Post by VictorS » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:08 am

Simon,

As I mentioned previously, I came up with upgrade version for my private use only. I remade the base and redesigned the back and the way it was folded to become more symmetrical. I laminated the re-printed base and added hard cardboard as the core and leaving gaps on the folded parts in order to make it fold-able. I took the maze card design and used it as the back design of the base. the other problem I`m facing that when the base is folded completely, it will expand by itself due to the tension of the material. Maybe I need to add some magnets in the cardboard to hold everything together. The other simple way to hold the folded based is to use the clips given in the trick before we begin the routine. I`m quite sure you or someone here will come with other better ideas. Hope this idea can help to solve the problem.

1 thing that I recognized, there are no Tenyo brand printed on the props which I think little bit pity.
Look forward to see your version Simon ;)

Cheers,
Vic ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by VictorS on Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:10 am

...another pics to share :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:15 am

Nice! That certainly solves the problem of it laying flat. With mine, I'm going to compleately redraw the base with a vintage game board design. If I can finish my drawing up this evening I'll post a pic :)
Gteat work a small always vic!
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:16 am

Your image manipulation skills are really good too, nice graphic design!
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:32 am

Thanks Simon ;)

EvanS

Post by EvanS » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:45 am

Nice work, Victor! That looks terrific.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:21 pm

OK here's my idea so far...
It's inspired by vintage 'test your luck' boards (there's a few pics below).
I'm intending on keeping it as a solid board (maybe 3mm thick) with holes to push pegs in (cribbage pegs rather than clothes pegs). Another idea I had was to try and print it onto fabric and roll it up but I don't think that would work. One final thought was to use magnets instead of pegs but I like the idea of the cribbage pegs.
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:22 pm

And here's what I have so far...
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:30 pm

Nice idea Simon! But an expensive one, every time you must give the winner a pound of cherries :)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:37 pm

No no rob... every time IM the winner ;)
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:46 pm

Wow...it looks really nice Simon. Reminds me to the movie Back To The Future - Part 1 :) Vintage design and colors from 60`s or 70`s. Did you remake the maze cards too ?

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:47 pm

EvanS wrote:Nice work, Victor! That looks terrific.
Thank you Evans :)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:34 am

I wasn't going to redo the cards but after a bit of thought I changed my mind :) gonna work on them this week
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:52 am

Fantastic work guys!

This trick deserves some nice little extra additions or reworks! I showed it to my wife saturday evening and she was amazed, and this does NOT happen often!
It's almost impossible to figure out but what she liked the most is it is so very original! A welcome addition to your standard penetration, mentalism or card effects!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:02 am

Ok! here is my first attempt at a vintage version of Magic Maze...
The board has been pasted to a thick board to give a nice flat surface. The pegs are kept in the middle at the start and placed either side as required. (these are temporary ones whist I try out different ideas. I'm thinking maybe a tiny flag at the goal)
The cards I re-drew from scratch and added a distressed card background (and filters over the top).
The m***s are hidden within the organic nature of the distressed card backs.
So here it it, mark1!
Now you see me...

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:28 am

Wow Simon, that's beautiful.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:27 am

I love the vintage look. Absolutely beautiful ! It really looks like an old board game. Great work Simon ;-)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:21 am

Here are first 2 Tenyo party magic if you would like to look what the contents are : Tte splash heart and the flash card.

The splash heart : We get 20 small red sponge hearts and 1 growing sponge heart with an excellent quality of super soft sponge. I haven`t looked into the routine (instruction) but the routine possibility is limitless. Very nice for close up performer.

The flash cards : I still have no idea what to do with this to be honest. Maybe the cards should be stacked before the routine and can be mixed by using complete cuts. I have no idea what has been written in the instructions since it came only in Japanese language. Maybe I will never be able to perform it without English instruction :) The quality of the cards are excellent and it`s very easy to spread the cards. There are more than 30 jumbo flash cards incl. some blanks and came with a jumbo card case.

Vic

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:04 am

Thank you for giving us a look at those two Party Magic items. They look good!

I suspect that, in due time, English instructions may come your way... ;)
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:14 am

You're welcome Steve. Based on information from Richard, Party magic will be sold only in Japan. I am afraid there will be no English instructions made for it unless we have volunteer to make it.

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:40 am

Hitomi might well provide English instructions when she starts selling the items. That's a very good reason to buy these four items from her!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:28 pm

SimonC wrote:It's difficult to say without revealing too much. Basically....
The first secret allows you to know which key number to use without any mental arithmetic. This is more suitable to younger magicians who may not be confident subtracting 21 from a number quickly. The method however, is slick :)
The second secret removes the need for any memory work. The reason this is so exciting is that this is such a strong effect but the memory work always got in the way of me performing it. This method is SO elegant and cool(in my humble opinion) and I can now perform this with confidence :)
Treat yourself David ;) even if everyone in Belgium knows magic squares you'll be able to do it super quick, and I feel because this set will mean Ill perform it more, I'll rely less and less on secret 2 anyway!
I have to re-confirm that Simon`s review was true. All I need to say that Tenyo made a clever subtlety to eliminate the memory work. It`s simple but so good. If you think this is an old classic, you are probably right but wait until you see the extra twist. I expect the board come with better material like acrylic but the current board is still acceptable although not as durable as an acrylic board. Highly recommended, 9 out of 10 !

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:44 pm

SimonC wrote:A couple more mini mentalist reviews...
The ESP deck has some really nice routines combined in one deck. There's a bunch of scope to develop your own, but there are 6 different ones provided. Three of them I will perform one after another as a three phase routine. The main secret some of us will be familiar with and is very sneaky but there's a few others in the box too :)
And again.....I have to re-confirm that Simon`s review was true for the ESP deck. I had an ESP deck produced by Magic Christian which is really good but Tenyo version even exceeded my expectation. Again Tenyo made a really good additional feature on this one. I`m not sure if there are similar system applied for other Tenyo or non Tenyo card tricks but I love this one.

There are routines which are similar to the one we have in the World Magic Set but with this deck we can do more. There are lots of routine using ESP deck which we can possible do with this deck. If we have 2 decks or more, maybe we can even more do many variations of routine or customize it become a gaff ESP deck. I think even professional mentalist / magicians will love this deck and use it for their professional performances. The deck came with 25 "special" ESP cards, some gaffs to do another routine and a "special" box which can be involved into one of the routine. Highly recommended, I0 out of 10!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:17 am

Richard Kaufman wrote:Hitomi might well provide English instructions when she starts selling the items. That's a very good reason to buy these four items from her!
I can confirm she will do that indeed :)

By the way Simon: stunning work as always! I absolutely love the 'old boardgame' look!!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:45 pm

Thanks David, I've certainly found it a lot more syraightforward to perform (less fumbling).

Speaking of these vintage magic mazes, I will be making a few of them I think, they'll make interesting conversation pieces :)
I will have two designs (thanks to Richard for some suggestions on design 2)
You'll be able to choose your favourite. I'm just looking into pegs and finishing up the card designs.
Watch this space!
Now you see me...