Tenyo magic 8

Here you can discuss Collecting Tenyo. Packaging, Variations, Rare Items, etc.
David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Tenyo magic 8

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:14 am

I just bought this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tenyo-Magie-ach ... SwTM5Y17Rn

This is in Richard's Tenyoism but the box was completely different ... the items in it however seem to be the same?

Did I got lucky here or is this a newer 'reissued' version? It does contain Disney Star Parade which cought my eye and was basically the only reason I bought this ... .

VictorS

Re: Tenyo magic 8

Post by VictorS » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:40 am

I think this one is still easily available at Japan. However it's a nice set. Considering to buy it too David :)

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:05 am

This version has been around for years. As Victor said, it is commonly found in Japan.

IMHO, it it certainly worth having in one's Tenyo collection. A nice set and not expensive.

So David...I think you made an excellent decision in buying it! :)
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:43 pm

Not a bad deal afterall - thanks for the info guys! This will actually be my first Tenyo magic set :D

I'm curious about the Star Parade and the cards on the left bottom of the box ... anyone knows what trick that is?

[EDIT] I think I found it, Arabian cards with Mickey Mouse - cool :)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:32 pm

You are right David. It's arabian cards.
http://tenyo-magic.blogspot.co.id/2010/ ... s.html?m=1

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:19 am

Ok guys, seems I didn't do such a good deal afterall. The exact same set is available here for much less (free shipping): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tenyo-MAGIC-Tri ... SwYIxYBXRk :)

Still waiting for mine, hopefully it won't get stuck at customs because I'll have to pay A LOT if it does :roll: I wouldn't have had that problem with the cheaper set I just linked to because custom taxes don't apply bellow 26 EURO in Belgium ... . Ah well :P

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:55 am

David...I think many of us have made a purchase and then found it cheaper somewhere else. That "oops!" feeling kicks in and then we wonder why we didn't research it better before diving in for the purchase.

I just found that set for less than $26 with free shipping from Japan. Don't feel bad. Stuff happens! :o

It's challenging to have patience when finding a Tenyo item we discover and want! Anyway, you'll make up the difference with a future purchase. :)
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:54 pm

We've all been there David ... you still have something very nice.
and now, on with the show ...

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:56 pm

In Tenyoism you will discover that "8 Interesting Tricks" has been sold since the late 1960s or early 1970s. Can't recall now. There have been many iterations of both cover and and small adjustments to the contents. I believe they will continue selling it exactly as is for the foreseeable future.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:33 am

Thanks for the comforting words Steve and Bob, but there are much more serious matters in life :)

Yes Richard, I did look it up in Tenyoism before buying the set, and saw it was released decades ago, which was the reason I thought it would be pretty rare :D

But I'm happy I bought it, the Disney character trick is one that i'm missing and I can't wait to see how it plays. And I'll have a lot of extra spares of some older items too - an extra cups and balls to make my own improved version of Elevator Coins for example :D