Tenyo Puzzle Bank Info Wanted

Here you can discuss Collecting Tenyo. Packaging, Variations, Rare Items, etc.
MagicMustache

Tenyo Puzzle Bank Info Wanted

Post by MagicMustache » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:20 am

Hello everyone!
I have a few Tenyo Banks in my collection (including Dracula bank.) But here is one I never seen.
The info on the site reads ". Basically it appears that in order to get a coin in the bank the holes in the plastic plates must line up. Your spectator will try to do this but will not be able to. You can get a coin in though because you know the secret."
You can view the pics here: http://tenyo-magic.blogspot.com/2013/11 ... -bank.html

Any source for this? Thank you..Bruce

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Re: Tenyo Puzzle Bank Info Wanted

Post by Elliot W. » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:38 pm

I have one of these. In fact the pictures on that site is are from me.
Basically, there are 4 plates with slots in them. Underneath them is a slot that goes into the bank.
You have to get the slots to line up in order to get the coin in the bank.
It is really more of a puzzle than a magic trick.

MagicMustache

Post by MagicMustache » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:06 am

Thanks for the reply. I wrote to SEO Magic in Japan, and they never heard of it.
Do you know where I can get One?...Bruce

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:36 am

No, I don't think they were made for very long and don't really see them around.
I'll keep an eye out for one.

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:52 am

This is interesting! Does anyone have better pics of this or more information? I'm curious, does each plate have a different cut opening that must align to allow a coin to enter? The description mentions that a spectator will not be able to do it but you can because you know the secret. Being into puzzles I'm curious if I would be able to recreate this with my CNC in acrylic? Any additional information would be appreciated, especially what the secret behind the puzzle is? One would assume you tilt it to align the correct holes?

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:58 pm

The obvious way is to tilt the bank so that the holes line up and that is what most people try. However it is impossible to get the coin in the bank this way (or at least very, very hard).
That is because while the slot is centered on the first 2 plates, the third one has it off center towards the top of the bank and the fourth one has it off center towards the bottom if the bank. So no matter how you slide it one of the plates do not line up.
That being said there is a very logical way to get the coin in the bank. Can you figure it out?

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:47 pm

Many thanks Elliott, this extra info helps!

One would assume you line up the top two panels and insert a coin, then then tilt the bank to the bottom to line up the third plate and allow the coin to drop into the third level and finally tilt it towards the top to line up the fourth plate and allow the coin to fall into the bank. I assume this is the solution?

If this is correct I may have an idea to improve upon the puzzle.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:40 pm

Pretty much. The instructions say to just hold the coin in and shake the bank back and forth. It actually looks quite magical when the coin suddenly disappears into the bank.

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:59 pm

Interesting! Many thanks!