Collecting +1 tricks: tips?

Here you can discuss Collecting Tenyo. Packaging, Variations, Rare Items, etc.
Brett H

Collecting +1 tricks: tips?

Post by Brett H » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:11 pm

I’ve decided that I should finally have some focus on how I go about collecting Tenyo, as at this point it’s been a neat random smattering of, “this looks like it performs well”.

I’m shooting to collect all the redemption tricks. There’s no way I can catch up to you super collectors with getting the whole T Series and such. The redemption tricks, one comes out every year and I can eventually catch up as well as staying current.

With that, I’m trying to get my head around the niche block of tricks and I have some questions:

- are there any redemption tricks that are significantly harder to acquire than others? I know 4 Chance goes for more than any other one (not sure why, other than it looks like the only +1 that looks like it does not pack small).

- all of the redemption tricks I have are the originals (save for maybe Magical Sneakers and Magical Burger). In regards to the display card/placard, are there any differences between the original placard used for when the trick was initially made for the redemption program VS when the trick was re-released (I want to say I’ve seen 2 different placards for A Whole New Hole. I’m not sure if there’s a difference in placards with originals such as Charisma, Magical Chocolate, Magical Sushi, etc. VS the re-issues of the redemption tricks that we got this year).

- Magical Sneakers and Magical Burger have been re released more than any other +1. Have there been any differences—placard, cosmetic, or otherwise—between the original printing and subsequent re releases?

- are there any +1’s that would be best acquired now, as opposed to waiting and having to deal with a price hike. I know Mind Roulette is a huge culprit of this, I think it has to do with trick popularity and the cloth material used, as it disant seem like it’d be re-issued any time soon. I THINK Image Generator Mini might go that same direction if that theory holds true. I have no idea though.

- speaking of Mind Roulette, what’s it’s deal? Why is it extraordinarily popular and one of the most expensive +1’s out there.

- I’ve read that Fortune Telling Cards is really hard to find. Is there any reason why this is?

If anyone else has any more info regarding +1’s I’d absolutely love to know. So far, I’m up to 8 (Magical Sneakers, Magical Burger, Magician’s Clock, Mysterious Pocket, 2D Cube, Super Victory, Image Generator Mini, Liar’s Fruit)
Where's my colon?!

MartinGo

Re: Collecting +1 tricks: tips?

Post by MartinGo » Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:12 pm

Changed, see the next post
Last edited by MartinGo on Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:51 pm

Hi Brett,

I am fortunate to have a few of these. My favorite is Illusion Scale- it was easy to find up to a few years ago, not sure how easy it is to find today. I think it looks even better in person than on video- for me, this is the best one.

I also like Mind Roulette, Magic Calendar and 4 Chance game.

MartinGo

Post by MartinGo » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:45 am

Here you can see "TENYO MAGIC NEWS“ from 2005 to 2022:
https://youtu.be/D8V163qbQ88
Last edited by MartinGo on Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

MartinGo

Post by MartinGo » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:54 am

Unfortunately, an error has crept into the order. Here it was changed. Now it is correct!
https://youtu.be/MtEI5-XA4LQ