Tenyo Goldfish Trick

Here you can discuss Collecting Tenyo. Packaging, Variations, Rare Items, etc.
BobD
Charter Member

Tenyo Goldfish Trick

Post by BobD » Mon May 12, 2014 5:15 am

While going over Robert Albo's books on apparatus magic I came across a Tenyo trick using goldfish. The trick is similar to Telesphere but uses goldfish instead of balls. The props are two metal tubes and two glass tubes mounted on plastic bases. The effect is a transposition.

I have read of a similar trick from a catalog before but cannot confirm if it is by Tenyo. I tried search my catalogs but can no longer find the trick. If Dr. Albo's description of this trick is accurate then this must be a rare item. Does anyone know about this about this trick? I will give a description of the trick in Member's Section.

JohnM
Site Admin

Re: Tenyo Goldfish Trick

Post by JohnM » Mon May 12, 2014 10:30 am

I have never heard or seen anything like this.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu May 22, 2014 7:38 am

Hi Bob,

Just looked at my old cabinet stuff and found something interesting. The gimmick is still missing and I`m still thinking of the contruction of the gimmick. It should be similar gimmick comparing to Tenyo Telesphare right ?

;)
Victor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Thu May 22, 2014 10:43 am

Nice vintage props, Victor. I think the original version of this trick is the Silk Cylinder. The goldfish trick is a version of this. Telesphere is a further improvement.

Yes, the gimmicks are similar. Please search the Members Section of this forum for additional information.

I do not have this trick. I read about this trick in an old catalog. I am not sure if the catalog is Tannen's or Hank Lee's. If I am not mistaken the trick is by Grant.

I hope the one you have is by Tenyo. Does it have a plastic base?

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu May 22, 2014 11:43 am

No I don`t think so Bob that it was from Tenyo. I got it from my magic colleague and I think someone produced it locally. So it was made in Indonesia :) The quality is not bad at all. The base are made out of wood with metal protection in the middle, the glasses are real glass and the cylinders were made from metal too. Although it is not Tenyo, at least I can get the possible effect out of this props. Even mental effect. Remember that Joker Magic release the Twin Dice Tower ? (see here: http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/pro ... ts_id/1478) All I need to prepared is 2X4 spongeball with 4 different color, and a paper bag with secret w****w ;)

BobD
Charter Member

Post by BobD » Fri May 23, 2014 10:25 am

Yes Victor, you can do the Twin Dice Towers with these props. The method may be very simple but most often it is the simple method that fools people. I think your spectators will more likely want to examine these props than the paper bag especially if you don't show the inside of the cover at the start of the trick.