Clean Cut/magicians rope question

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
Brett H

Clean Cut/magicians rope question

Post by Brett H » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:58 pm

Sooooo...I kinda sorta ruined my Clean Cut rope trying to repair it with superglue on the frayed parts of the rope. One of the gimmick parts of Clean Cut is now discolored too.

Big ol frowny face

So I'm looking for some new rope; no big deal. Already found a seller who does 1/4" blue rope. But what is the best glue to use on this sort of rope?
Also, does anyone have an idea how to get rid of the discoloration? I tried scrubbing is with water and a swab. Which worked like a champ until it dried :(. Do I need a super high grit of sandpaper? Do I need to discolor all the parts of Clean Cut to hide the gimmick?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Where's my colon?!

kellebotond
Charter Member

Re: Clean Cut/magicians rope question

Post by kellebotond » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:56 pm

If only the tiny piece of the rope has discoloring, you can easily remove the rope and exchange it with another rope. But you can also buy a new one (or a nice condition used) for a very low price so it might not worth to buy rope for that. John has very nice ideas regarding this effect, including cutting only a tiny piece and removing it.
Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:11 pm

My advice is, buy a rip-off of this trick for 2$ and use the rope for your Tenyo one. Or better, buy 2 rip-offs, than you can use the 2nd too!

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:23 pm

Rob,

First let me thank for the instructions you have sent me the other day.

Regarding this:

I have seen a very bad rip off of this. It simply fell apart. But it was not just not properly glued, but the plastic was very thin and it was a bit hard to "cut" the rope. But the Tenyo version is very smooth. There are may be other good ripp offs but for this one I would go with the original. (Same goes for Zig zag zig, the tenyo version moves easily, the ripp off I have seen is very hard to move). Of course exchanging just the rope is a great idea.

Botond
Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:31 pm

I agree, I bought the Clean Cut version that the Houdini shops sell. My god that thing was insanely terrible. AND the gimmick was clued into the device.

I have no problem eventually buying new rope as I want to get blue rope (as a part of a character gimmick).

I just don't know if anyone has experienced getting discolorations off their Tenyo and know how to get rid of them, and what kind of glue to use on the rope. I don't want to call it quits on Clean Cut
Where's my colon?!

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:00 pm

Read on Pinterest that toothpaste can probably get out the annoying white superglue residue.

Toothpaste. Of all things
Where's my colon?!

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:27 pm

All right, Tenyophiles

After 4 individual scrubbings with some toothpaste, the annoying cloudy white superglue residue is GONE.

Can't say so much for the rope. Does regular glue work well on magicians rope? I just don't want to do another polish job. I was scared I permanently ruined the darn thing
Where's my colon?!