Magical Security/Security Lock

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
Brett H

Magical Security/Security Lock

Post by Brett H » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:43 pm

I know it's a bit early to start asking about this.

I've been looking at the Milton Bradley Magic works tricks (namely Invisible Hook) and Security Lock looks like an updated Prayer Vase.

Now the trick looks like you can pass the trick to the spectator and they SHOULD be able to take the card out (granted, if you let them) and being the magician, you can set it up to where you won't be able to take the card out.

Two questions:

Can you do Security Lock/ a Prayer Vase trick 'in reverse'?

Would doing it this way give the gimmick away in some way or fashion?

The idea I have is that I can't get my card out to get a snack out of a vending machine, but they are able to get the card out for me.
But being so hungry, I thank them and end up going into Ghost Card--eating a deck of cards instead.

I apologize for asking so many 'can this trick work THIS way?' Questions lately. It's like a game of Tenyo 'Guess Who?'
If I am out of line with doing so, let me know.
Where's my colon?!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: Magical Security/Security Lock

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:09 am

There is no Gestapo policy here Brett so you'll have to try harder before you're 'out of line' ;)

A prayer vase in reverse? Hmm ... I suppose that would be possible but for that perticular trick I don't seen any reason to do so.

But I'll come back to this thread once I have the Securiy trick in my hands since I have no idea how it works exactly :)

And you're idea with Ghost Card is great as usual!

Brett H

Re: Magical Security/Security Lock

Post by Brett H » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:14 am

David DeTenyo wrote:There is no Gestapo policy here Brett so you'll have to try harder before you're 'out of line' ;)
Excellent! I was worried that all the knocks at the door lately were the Inquisition.
David DeTenyo wrote:A prayer vase in reverse? Hmm ... I suppose that would be possible but for that perticular trick I don't seen any reason to do so.
Here's how I see it working out at the moment:

I'd present the trick as me getting them a burger before I came to the hospital, but I can't use it on the vending machine because it's now stuck inside the envelope.
I can't get it out, but they can
they hand it back
I make a magical gesture hoping it'll help me out.
I can't get it out and now they can't get it out either.
Frustrated, I put the lock through the card and envelope to 'put it away' and 'accidentally' pull the card out (this is assuming you can do BOTH tricks with the same envelope)
Amazed at my find, I unlock the lock and 'unknowingly' put the card back in the case and can't get it out again.
David DeTenyo wrote:And you're idea with Ghost Card is great as usual!
Thank you! Means a lot!
Where's my colon?!