TENYO ELITE MOONSPINNER

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
BluBob

TENYO ELITE MOONSPINNER

Post by BluBob » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:15 am

Have I missed it? A search for Tenyo Elite Moonspinner returned zero results.
(Perhaps I need to learn how to perform a more effective search)

Does anyone have this? If so, please share thoughts, comments, observations.

Thanks,
Bob
and now, on with the show ...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: TENYO ELITE MOONSPINNER

Post by SimonC » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:59 am

I don't know about the TE version but I do know about mine ;) check it out here..
http://youtu.be/ofZ7mU1FAbY
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:50 pm

I did just see a TE Moonspinner on UK eBay for about £80
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:32 pm

BluBob wrote:Have I missed it? A search for Tenyo Elite Moonspinner returned zero results.

Thanks,
Bob
I don't think you missed anything on the Tenyo Elite Moonspinner. It is not that popular an item here or elsewhere.

Also keep in mind this forum is only about 18 months old and the Tenyo Elite Moonspinner came out long before then.

I have all the Tenyo Elite Items. I like them all. The best effort by TE in my opinion is the Zig Zag Cig.

The Tenyo Elite Moonspinner is much easier to find then the Fortune Sticks. I think you should be able to find them at about $75. They originally cost $100.

Better than TE Moonspinner is Jenzo Harmonics MoonCatcher. Simon took an idea I had and created a much better version of the trick.

Also there is another 10 foot pole question that you posed. One of the three partners in Tenyo Elite is also the creator/owner of the Magic Cafe. He banned both me and Simon (at different times) permanently from the Cafe for writing about making our own Tenyo type items. Me for posting a CAD drawing I made of Black Hole which eventually came to fruition as Houdini's Black Box and Simon for writing about Planetary Sticks which is his wooden version of Fortune Sticks that have a different theme. Simon didn't even last 24 hours before being banned. I on the other hand was a very active contributor to the Tenyo section of the Magic Cafe. The night Simon got banned I sat down and started figuring out how to make my own forum. Within a couple of days we were up and running. We both look at it as a good thing since this forum and our friendship grew from the bannings.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:56 pm

Bob, here it is at penguinmagic.com for $75 with free shipping.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/search.php?q=moonspinner

They are a favorite U.S. magic dealer for many on this forum. Right Richard?

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:07 pm

SimonC wrote:I don't know about the TE version but I do know about mine ;) check it out here..
http://youtu.be/ofZ7mU1FAbY
It's just so cool when I detect passion. Beautiful work Simon!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:10 pm

Cheers Bob, I may have one left if you're interested, I will check my magic cabinet. Just give me a shout.
And cheers John, it's been a great journey :)
Now you see me...

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:41 pm

JohnM wrote:
BluBob wrote:Have I missed it? A search for Tenyo Elite Moonspinner returned zero results.

Thanks,
Bob
I don't think you missed anything on the Tenyo Elite Moonspinner. It is not that popular an item here or elsewhere.

Also keep in mind this forum is only about 18 months old and the Tenyo Elite Moonspinner came out long before then.

I have all the Tenyo Elite Items. I like them all. The best effort by TE in my opinion is the Zig Zag Cig.

The Tenyo Elite Moonspinner is much easier to find then the Fortune Sticks. I think you should be able to find them at about $75. They originally cost $100.

Better than TE Moonspinner is Jenzo Harmonics MoonCatcher. Simon took an idea I had and created a much better version of the trick.

Also there is another 10 foot pole question that you posed. One of the three partners in Tenyo Elite is also the creator/owner of the Magic Cafe. He banned both me and Simon (at different times) permanently from the Cafe for writing about making our own Tenyo type items. Me for posting a CAD drawing I made of Black Hole which eventually came to fruition as Houdini's Black Box and Simon for writing about Planetary Sticks which is his wooden version of Fortune Sticks that have a different theme. Simon didn't even last 24 hours before being banned. I on the other hand was a very active contributor to the Tenyo section of the Magic Cafe. The night Simon got banned I sat down and started figuring out how to make my own forum. Within a couple of days we were up and running. We both look at it as a good thing since this forum and our friendship grew from the bannings.
As you know, I am rather new here, and am still learning. Thanks for helping me understand the more "intricate elements." I salute your honesty, and passion.

Tolerance for a difference of opinions is a must, especially when it comes to point of views regarding matters of creativity. A valid, uncensored stream of creative ideas is essential for creative growth. Since there are no rules pertaining to the creation of Art, I find it offensive to suggest otherwise.

In some instances, creative minds such as yours, and Simon's, (et. al.) will be seen as "upsetting the status quo." When "comfort zones" are ruffled, it's not always comfortable.

I, for one, enjoy your "point of view" (POV) and am thrilled to have found this site.

Best Regards,
Bob~

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:44 pm

JohnM wrote:Bob, here it is at penguinmagic.com for $75 with free shipping.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/search.php?q=moonspinner

They are a favorite U.S. magic dealer for many on this forum. Right Richard?
Interesting, "Penguin "Live" is filmed close by.
Last edited by BluBob on Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:47 pm

I think you'll like it here Bob :)
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Many of the people on this forum are very creative and like to build and tinker with things. We also like puzzles and figuring things out. The main thing is that we are doing this for fun and entertainment. My feeling is that fun can never be a bad thing especially if no one is getting hurt financially.