won my first Tenyo auction (about time!)

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
Brett H

won my first Tenyo auction (about time!)

Post by Brett H » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:26 pm

There's a lot of rare stuff getting dumped on EBay lately. I saw one that I had to get my hands on. Namely because it had my Tenyo 'holy grail': Magician's Clock.

I'm expecting to acquire in the next few days:

Magicians Clock
Mickey Miracle Ring
Flash Dice

Illusionarium/Transpa Vision
Mystic Scope
Green Coin Thru Match
Card to Matchbox
Tenyo Red D*Lite
Petit Puzzle (not a magic trick. Looks like a keychain puzzle).

Got it all for $76. I'd say that's pretty good.

Also, as soon as I get them, I'm going to trade pretty much everything except 'Clock, Miracle Ring, & Flash Dice

im stoked, but I have a question. With all these rare Tenyo items going up in EBay right now; Whats going on with why it's a Tenyo 'Buyers Market' right now?
Where's my colon?!

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Re: won my first Tenyo auction (about time!)

Post by Rob Rand » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:56 pm

That's a lot of Tenyo for a very low price Brett! Congrat!

Why so much for sale? Maybe because people badly need money, for instance to be able to go on holiday? To pay their bills?

By the way, this is the best time to bid and get items for a low price, especially when it's hot outside and everyone is on the beach, and bidding ends... I know this by experience :)

So you have a great deal man! Especially with Magician's Clock and Illusionarium!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:11 pm

Yep, that's a score alright! I think robs absolutely right, this is a good time to buy :)
Now you see me...

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:16 pm

If you don't already have Tenyo's Coin through Match, then you should keep it. It's something you will perform regularly, and it locks and can be examined.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:16 am

Congrats Brett, that is a great deal. I've rarely seen Magians Clock come up for sale at all.
And I agree with Jimmy about the Coin through Match. it's a nicr quick trick that you can pull our at any time and it can be immediately handed over to the spectator to have a try. That and illusionarium àre definately worth keeping if you don't have them.

I'm not quite sure why but for some reason I find myself interested in the keychain puzzle. If you do end up wanting to get rid of that feel free to let me know. :-)

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:10 am

Compelling arguments for keeping Coin Thru Match.
All right, I'll consider keeping it. Big reason I have no problem parting with it is that I still need 5 tricks to get 2 of my hospital shows up and running.
I figure most of the tricks from the auction might be able to cover for 2-3 of them.

Elliot. I have no problem parting with the puzzle. I'll send you a PM once it comes in.
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:28 am

if you like coin through match check out this version, it was my first YouTube upload...
http://youtu.be/99f8-hNu7wo
Now you see me...

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:32 am

Always liked that one. A shame that Tenyo didn't want to pick it up. I wonder if there's some type of routine you can build around it that would further differentiate it from the original and pique Tenyo's interest a little more.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:58 am

thanks Elliot, I've returned to it a few times but not come up with anything solid yet.
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:13 am

Simon's trick is as most of you know one I can NOT figure out and would love to see produced in one way or another. Good idea Elliot. Make the 'box' more of a 'tower' that stands. Use a miniature sword in stead of a match. Use dracula, a werewolf and a 'stick'. Use an 'old silver coin'. Lots of possibilities.
Of course I don't know the concept of the trick/gimmick but this one really, really needs to be made available, it's too good not to. I'm sure Simon and his brilliant mind will come up with something that makes it look different from the good old coin through match. Take your time Simon :)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:49 am

thanks David, now there's a great routine for it, I love the idea of a tower and sword. the tricky part is incorporating the fact that the coin flips over into the story. WHY is it flipping (HOW I'll never tell ;))
how about making it a guillotine and using the fact the coin has a head on it, beheading the king/queen etc. work in progress ;)
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:37 am

Why is it flipping? Here's another idea: one side of the coin is (rusted) iron, zinc, whatever, the other gold. Something with allchemy and turning metal into gold ... you get the point I think :)
And for how the coin is flipping, that has to re main a secret of course, I gave up thinking about is a long time ago ;). I can only hope the effect will be for sale someday, somewhere, and find out myself after buying it 8-)

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:41 pm

I think I might have an idea as to how it works. ;)
Those are some good ideas.The tricky part besides for providing a reason for the flipping is that you must also prove that it has flippedand not just a second coin that qas hidden in the case which would be most peoples first guess.

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:04 am

SimonC wrote:thanks David, now there's a great routine for it, I love the idea of a tower and sword. the tricky part is incorporating the fact that the coin flips over into the story. WHY is it flipping (HOW I'll never tell ;))
how about making it a guillotine and using the fact the coin has a head on it, beheading the king/queen etc. work in progress ;)
=============================================
As a routine for this effect, I would probably pursue the theme of Duality, and/or sub-conscience ego state levels. Most of my photography is not photographed for what it is, I photograph for what else it is.

The word "duality" contains the word "dual" which refers to having two parts, often with opposite meanings, like the duality of good and evil. I look at it more like entropy vs chaos.

Not so well known is Picasso’s sophisticated understanding of the inner-and-outer nature of human consciousness. In so many ways, Picasso’s compositions reflect this duality, as canonized in his graphic work such as The Dreams and Lies of Franco, the Minatormachia etchings, many of his portraits.

In The Girl Before a Mirror, one is literally looking at two images, the observer (left) and the reflection (right). The observer subconsciously feels that the inner image as her own, so in a way the portrait is still one person: dark and light, inner and outer, good and (maybe) evil, even life and death.
and now, on with the show ...