Two confirmed hints towards the 2016 releases

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
Brett H

Re: Two confirmed hints towards the 2016 releases

Post by Brett H » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:34 pm

Elliot W. wrote:Are you sure it is a free selection? The description for future puzzle says it is a free choice but I'm not sure about doghouse. Would be great if it is of course. :)
I figure it's free selection. I'm not sure why a 4 color selection would be available if the audience didn't have a say so. I'm not sure how you would 'force' a sponge dog either, other than pseudo-equivoque/being dismissive of the unfavorable selection :D

I also cannot translate the page from a phone, unfortunately.
Where's my colon?!

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:54 am

I like the one with the dogs!!

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:40 pm

Ghost camera and Plunger are top of the list for me. I think doghouse might be easy to figure out especially when the dogs get used and look smashed if left in set for too long before shown. Puzzle hummm? I'll have to see some videos to make up my mind which are the best.
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:51 pm

Richard W wrote:Ghost camera and Plunger are top of the list for me. I think doghouse might be easy to figure out especially when the dogs get used and look smashed if left in set for too long before shown. Puzzle hummm? I'll have to see some videos to make up my mind which are the best.
I agree with the dog house. Although I can see a lot of flat items being used instead of the dogs like cut out cards

I'm thinking of Future Puzzle. And if t really is 'free selection' then the gimmick points right at the puzzle pieces. And I'm only going off the pictures and the initial description of it in which 'you choose a suit, and the puzzle resembles the suit in which the audience picked'. I figure that you are only working with 4 cards: the Kings.
I figure that all 4 pieces can be assembled in a way to match the suit of the king necessary. But that doesn't sound too ingenious, I'm just not sure if the puzzle is already assembled or if you build it in the spot. Need to see that dang video! So much doesn't seem to add up!

If this years lineup is fitting the way I think it is, it's definitely going to be interesting. Not exactly 2015 interesting. Here's what I'm thinking.

- It looks like this years lineup involves virtually ALL controls/forces.
- Two of them look like they can be performed standing up (dog house and Ghost Camera).
- I think Dog House will be the only inspectable one of the four (possible improvement over last year with 'kinda-sorta one')
- All the Tenyo this year are MUCH easier to transport for strolling or parlour magic. If 'Future Puzzle' is the only iffy one as I think it'll be all cardboard for both the box and the props, making it a walk around transport nightmare.
Where's my colon?!

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:35 pm

Brett H wrote: I'm thinking of Future Puzzle. And if t really is 'free selection' then the gimmick points right at the puzzle pieces. And I'm only going off the pictures and the initial description of it in which 'you choose a suit, and the puzzle resembles the suit in which the audience picked'. I figure that you are only working with 4 cards: the Kings.
I figure that all 4 pieces can be assembled in a way to match the suit of the king necessary.
The Google translation for future puzzle off the flyer is:
"Asked to say freely the name of the favorite picture card to the other, what is drawn on when assembling the puzzle out of the box ... jigsaw puzzle, it is what the painting bill that was said of the other party."

Not sure but from that is sounds like you can name any picture card. Makes things more complicated if that is true. ;)

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:46 pm

Elliot W. wrote:
Brett H wrote: I'm thinking of Future Puzzle. And if t really is 'free selection' then the gimmick points right at the puzzle pieces. And I'm only going off the pictures and the initial description of it in which 'you choose a suit, and the puzzle resembles the suit in which the audience picked'. I figure that you are only working with 4 cards: the Kings.
I figure that all 4 pieces can be assembled in a way to match the suit of the king necessary.
The Google translation for future puzzle off the flyer is:
"Asked to say freely the name of the favorite picture card to the other, what is drawn on when assembling the puzzle out of the box ... jigsaw puzzle, it is what the painting bill that was said of the other party."

Not sure but from that is sounds like you can name any picture card. Makes things more complicated if that is true. ;)
In this case, ouch! However, 'Future Puzzle' sounds EXTREMELY similar to a trick that JUST got released yesterday called 'Invisible Card'. You show an empty hand, spectator names any card, you open your hand and reveal that card.

I plan on getting it, but it's $50, which is pretty steep around my parts.

The methods sound exactly the same. I just have no idea how you work the 'free choice' part of it.
Where's my colon?!

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:38 pm

Just noticed that the picture on AmiAmi's site shown a Queen of Diamonds instead of a King of Hearts.
So it does look like you can choose more than just kings.

http://img.amiami.jp/images/product/mai ... 003221.jpg

MadisonPresents

Post by MadisonPresents » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:56 pm

Elliot W. wrote:Just noticed that the picture on AmiAmi's site shown a Queen of Diamonds instead of a King of Hearts.
So it does look like you can choose more than just kings.

http://img.amiami.jp/images/product/mai ... 003221.jpg
I imagine any court card.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:18 pm

Unless you just have both a queen side and a king side, allowing you to do a second performance immediately after the other.

The whole thing seems like an 'Invisible Deck' that can be done twice in one go.
Where's my colon?!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:21 am

I'm looking forward to all releases this year (as every year ;) ), I don't really have a favourite yet, will first need to see the performances which will probably be online one of the following weeks.

The Dog trick, because it looks like a typical Tenyo-esque gimmicked box, appeals the most to me, but you'll probably need to force one color, not sure :?

I have always been on the fence with Tiny Plunger so I'm happy Tenyo now brings it out. I kind of know how it works and I'm well aware these plungers can be bought very cheap, but I'm aiming for a good routine with a nice flow here, something Tenyo will for sure provide. In their Magic World series Tenyo regularly makes the existing trick a tiny bit easier to do, although I can't think of a way they were able to do this with this particular trick ... . Perhaps a 'special' card, 'premade'?

I don't have any 'electronic camera' tricks so the one with the handkerchief is very nice for me to have. What I like in this trick is you can borrow a smartphone or camera. I sincerely hope there is more than one outcome. I'd first do the trick with my own smartphone and people will most likely suspect a litle program on it (I would anyway). Then I would show the trick with another card with their smartphone. I'll need a two (three? four? or one :( ) way forcing deck perhaps, cards are mixed in with a regular deck (alternating with indifferent cards so you can caually show every card is different), ask spectator to name a number et voila. One of the best forcing methods there is. The riffle, slide, cut ... forces have been used so many times by myself my family knows most of them. For my students I can apply one of the 'regular' forces.

Future Jigsaw was the one Richard liked the most so this probably is very good. There has to be something develishly clever about it!

AlexBrazil

Post by AlexBrazil » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:11 pm

Even though I was a little disappointed at first, all the talk in this topic made me extremely curious to have all four of them!

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:27 pm

AlexBrazil wrote:Even though I was a little disappointed at first, all the talk in this topic made me extremely curious to have all four of them!
I am as well! I keep going back and forth with them, but I'm on board for at least Ghost Camera and Tiny Plunger, but slowly warming unto the other 2
Where's my colon?!

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:18 pm

I will be getting all of them as I always do. Too late for me to stop now. ;)
Should be getting some videos very soon. In the meantime here's a preview video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v06GztLm0N0

Also Stereo has put up pictures of the boxes. Looks like doghouse and camera have a bonus trick you can do. The one for ghost camera looks like if might have some interesting possibilties.
http://tenyo-magic.blogspot.fr/2015/08/ ... 6.html?m=1

AlexBrazil

Post by AlexBrazil » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:04 pm

Wow, I loved the video! The video aesthetics (the music, the lighting, the editing) is so contemporary... So very different from other Tenyo videos. I suppose it is not an official Tenyo video, correct? I f so, I wonder how Wonder Magic is affiliated with Tenyo in order to have the products in advance.

Anyways, I am now more excited with the 2016 line!

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:56 pm

You can get them now as well. They are now on Ebay for only $1 (so far).
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Wow-How-did-you-g ... 1422899640

Interestingly, two of the tricks are by Mathieu Bich. I wonder if Tenyo will be putting out more tricks by him.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:25 pm

So here's a video for Tenyo's version of Tiny Plunger. Doesn't look like Tenyo added anything to the presentation but it will still be nice to have this one.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:01 pm

Ghost Camera:

Looks like at most four possibilities.

AlexBrazil

Post by AlexBrazil » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:28 pm

As this is my first year in the Tenyo universe, I thought the tricks were kept in a safe until the Tenyo Festival...

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:36 pm

The Tenyo festival was today which is now yesterday in Japan. :)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:37 pm

Elliot W. wrote:Ghost Camera:

Looks like at most four possibilities.
Cool....thanks for sharing this Elliot. Actually 8 possible outcomes will be possible also if they made it doublesided. I think this trick has similar principal with iphantom T shirt. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-a7fM4zTdbc
But I love tenyo version.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:50 pm

You can see the other side of the hanky at about the 53 second mark and it does not look like it is double sided.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:13 am

Elliot W. wrote:The Tenyo festival was today which is now yesterday in Japan. :)
It happened in the future!
Where's my colon?!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:19 am

Elliot W. wrote:You can see the other side of the hanky at about the 53 second mark and it does not look like it is double sided.
Yes Elliot. I realized that. But it would be possible. Maybe it would be too much work to make it double sided and the production cost will be doubled also.

I`m just curious if the symbol can be seen with naked eyes (not by taking a picture through camera). There is flashlight app. in the mobile phone that allow us to always turn on the flash. Could the symbol still appear with only the flash light exposure ?

by the way

Has anyone ever tried to make pic of Phantoma Hank with your mobile phone ? Maybe we will find something mysterious there :D :D :D

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:34 am

I think the camera 'app' is a fake that you install, that's designed to look like the iPhone app. as it is facedown, you have four different ways to turn your phone over to bring it face up, from N,S,E or W. this informs the app which of four options to display. ifyoutake into account the speed you turn over you have 8 options.
Now you see me...

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:18 am

If it works like I Phantom which uses the famous Kameraflage digital cloth printed technology you don't have them take picture with your phone they use their own phone. I don't think Tenyo will be suppling an app fake or other wise for children to install on their phone when kameraflage technology has been out since I believe 2007. It would be the safest way as installing something on a child's phone that might not work right could cause problems. Plus using Kameraflage the children that will be buying this Tenyo don't need to own a cell phone which makes total sense. We will know soon enough. ;)

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S16002
Last edited by Richard W on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"