Two confirmed hints towards the 2016 releases

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
VictorS

Re: Two confirmed hints towards the 2016 releases

Post by VictorS » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:52 pm

Has anyone received any good news or any early Christmas gift from Tenyo Santa ? Just curious about the review about the new Tenyo 2016 :) :)

Thanks guys!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:02 am

Tokyo Hobby has or had them for sale, but I'm waiting for Magico Japan to order my set.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:15 am

David DeTenyo wrote:Tokyo Hobby has or had them for sale, but I'm waiting for Magico Japan to order my set.
The holidays have certainly set me back in terms of a Tenyo budget so I won't be able to get anything until MAYBE January. Which is fine, I want to see what people say about Tiny Plunger and 'Dog Box'.

Tokyo Hobby just put the Tenyo on their site yesterday. I'm probably going to shoot for Tokyo Hobby once I can get the funds to do so. But only because of budget constraints. Which stinks because I'd knowingly be walking into a situation where I'd need English instructions for other Tenyo (Shrinking Pen is $11 there. Everywhere else has it for $25-$30).

Although, do you need to order other things from Magico in order to acquire the +1 trick later in 2016 if you so decide to do so?
Where's my colon?!

JayGhost80

Post by JayGhost80 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:47 pm

Hey guys! I have already received my order from AmiAmi.com I purchased everything but the tiny plunger. Unfortunately the English instructions are not available for download yet, though most of you won't need instructions to figure them out. The construction of the puzzle box was the toughest thing but wasn't too bad.

The dog box is nice, it works pretty much how you would have expected it to. The nature of magic sponges which allows them to be compacted to a minuscule pancake and a sliding mechanism is the trick behind it. The action that makes the device work is very easy to use and pretty darn quiet. The only draw back is that it cannot be examined, though it kind of locks, one look at the back of the box would give it away.

The magic puzzle is a bit better than I anticipated. There is no force, the spectator can freely choose any court card and suit. The way of getting the selected face card puzzle piece into the box is kind of fun, simple and easy to do. The suits are already in the the box and the way they are kept is a little bit disappointing and is what makes the box dump look awkward in all of the demo videos that are out there. I will say the move is tougher for a camera but a little misdirection in a live situation and it just looks like your dumping the pieces out. It is also not examinable and angles are sort of an issue. Do to that and it's size I don't think it is a practical trick for many situations especially walk around. The effect is pretty darn cool though In my opinion.

There isn't to much to say about the magic hanky. It is what it is, either you like the idea or you don't. Only draw back with it is, the back of the hank can't be shown and if your in a room with decent lighting and you were to unfold it completely you would see everything that the hank reveals.

So my final thoughts are yes to the dog box, it's the best of the three items I have purchased but it is still somewhat disappointing that it cant be touched by the spectator.

The puzzle box I do like but it is the weakest of the three. I imagine a lot of you that didn't like the demo on it will probably hate it when you get it in your hands.

The magic hanky is basically just a card reveal, there are two cards that can be revealed. With the plethora of ways to reveal a card, what you have to decide is if this one has something special for you. The positives are you get the spectators hands involved, you can use their phone and they are left with a digital memento of the trick on there phone, all are very good things. Of course there is the little pointing hand which can be very functional as well, many possibilities.

Well I hope this will be helpful to you guys who are on the fence about some of these new tenyo's

Jay
Last edited by JayGhost80 on Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:39 pm

Hi Jay,
Thanks a lot for the great review ! After reading your review, it has already matched 80% of my assumptions for this new release. This could be a coincidences, I have placed the same order except the plunger :) and also I`m waiting for my package also from Amiami :) Hope it will arrive soon.
By the way, are all english instructions already available for download ?
Vic

JayGhost80

Post by JayGhost80 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:02 pm

The english instructions were not available when I received my package two day's ago but I just checked now and they were available.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:17 pm

JayGhost80 wrote:The english instructions were not available when I received my package two day's ago but I just checked now and they were available.
That`s perfect! Thanks for the update Jay ;)

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:14 am

Thanks for the reviews Jay!

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:39 am

Thanks Jay and others about the new Tenyos!

I saw that they are available at my local webshop Magicshop.nl and decided to order Doghouse and also Tiny Plunger. In their comments they wrote they find the Tenyo Tiny Plunger better than the original which made me decide to order that one too. I however skip the other two.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:26 am

Phenomenal reviews, Mr. Ghost!

I'm glad that 'Dog Box' is meeting expectations. And I had a feeling that it would work the way you described.

I'm a bit disappointed that Ghost Camera has some of the flaws you described. I'm still getting it as I have a routine set with it and I'm unsure if it would work under the conditions I'm going to be working in, so I kinda have to get it to see if it would work (oh no! I have to acquire MORE TENYO?! The horror!) But from what you mentioned, if I wasn't so set on it already, I would probably not get it.

I'm REALLY fascinated that 'Puzzle REALLY IS free choice. That's exciting to hear. I'm still not getting it because of performance limitations (suffers the same problems as Ghost Card: prop is great to use in a certain show condition, the effect only works under a completely different show condition). But it's great to hear that it's not 'magicians choice' and it's really some other diabolical method.

I'm still curious about Tiny Plunger. I have read how the original one works and that the Tenyo version works under a completely new set of stuff. So I'm curious and very worried at the same time about 'what makes it tick'. Don't get me wrong, I love the effect and I REALLY want to use it. The only reasons I WOULDN'T use it is if I couldn't use a completely seperate deck and if I couldn't substitute the plunger out. I'm 99% sure the plunger CAN be subbed out. But that deck man; I'm REALLY worried that we're working with a custom deck here.
If it's a gimmicked deck, I'll be much sad. I'd more than likely get it once I complete the childrens show, if a trick deck is the case.
Where's my colon?!

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:09 pm

Brett H wrote:Phenomenal reviews, Mr. Ghost!

I'm still curious about Tiny Plunger. I have read how the original one works and that the Tenyo version works under a completely new set of stuff. So I'm curious and very worried at the same time about 'what makes it tick'. Don't get me wrong, I love the effect and I REALLY want to use it. The only reasons I WOULDN'T use it is if I couldn't use a completely seperate deck and if I couldn't substitute the plunger out. I'm 99% sure the plunger CAN be subbed out. But that deck man; I'm REALLY worried that we're working with a custom deck here.
If it's a gimmicked deck, I'll be much sad. I'd more than likely get it once I complete the childrens show, if a trick deck is the case.
Brett, today I received Magic Plunger and I can reassure you: a NORMAL sealed (blue) Bicycle deck is included, the gimmick is outside and should be attached to one of the cards.

I have not yet played with it, but the guys from magicshop.nl wrote that this is a big improvement compared to the original Tiny Plunger.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:03 pm

I am so far behind on the 2016 Tenyo.

No way I am going to be able to go back and read 8 pages of posts.

I did just order (2) sets from SEO Magic. I can order them wholesale but wanted to support SEO because they make great Tenyo videos that I link to on the website and forum.

I will chim in when they arrive and I get to try them out.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:12 am

My order is also in. This (next) years releases are available sooner then other years :)

jayadkins

Post by jayadkins » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:40 am

I too recieved all 4 new 2016 effects, played with them last night (Not fully) really like this years set. great review 100% accurate from jayghost

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:05 pm

This week will be a Tenyo week for me :) My package arrived from AmiAmi quite quick (10 days with EMS with long waiting on local custom).Well... still acceptable. This is my first experience shopped by AmiAmi and I`m fully satisfied with their service. Everything was professionally and honestly managed. Highly recommended !

I ordered 3 items except the Plunger. Yesterday night I opened the T-266 Ghost Camera and tried to make review on this. In general, I`m impressed with this invention. First of all, I`m quite surprise that Mathieu Bich (the creator of Spreadwave and Tenyo Japanese Spreadwave) was the creator for this trick. Congratulations again Mathieu, brilliant idea !

Second,I still have no idea what kind of material Tenyo and Mathieu used to produce this prop. Must be a special fabric mixed with other material. The size, thickness and appearance look like a normal hanky. It has a great design and the type of the fabric is different comparing to Phantoma Hank. The other side of the hanky is just blank and black, but no double fabric sewed together as I assumed before. It was "pressed" together become one piece of fabric and the final finishing is really good. There are also markings to identify the outcome and it was cleverly hidden but we need some practice on the handling. For the handling itself, I recommend that we read first the instruction before the try out.

The weakness : it is little bit sensitive with lighting. We cannot fully give the hanky for examination. The possibility for spec to find the secret is high. Especially if they expand the hanky and look it under the light. If Tenyo supply the ungimmick hanky for this, that would be perfect. We have lots of time to do the "switch" because spec will be misdirected by watching the photo in their phone.

There are 3 routines for the trick : the basic routine with card, 2nd the routine with billets and the 3rd one with coins (2nd and 3rd routine with the finger pointing symbol). The 3rd routine with coins was created by Toru Suzuki. It looks so clean and the method is very clever (as you see in the demo). I smiled after reading the method. This is something that I need to try out. The routine by taking a video instead of taking pictures are also explained in the instruction.

In conclusion Ghost Camera is a great trick with many possible routines and leave the spec with great memories at the end of the routine. It is something unique and different in the range of Tenyo T-Series products. If I may rate, it will be 8 out of 10

Vic
Last edited by VictorS on Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:09 am

Vic,
Thanks for the thorough, detailed review.
and now, on with the show ...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:07 am

Thanks for the review Victor! I'm still waiting for my tricks ... they should arrive tommorow but I won't be home, so that means next week.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:09 pm

You`re most welcome Bob n David ;)

I tried to open the Doghouse last night but unfortunately I was disappointed because it was under my expectation. I cannot say much about this prop because I need to explore and try out more. From my point of view, this prop need some improvements like Japanmagic did and also the handling. Maybe some of you who has already opened and tried out can give opinions.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:58 pm

Great reviews Victor! Really digging Ghost Camera now!

I am a bit confused by Dog House. Is it fragile? Not made well? Is it about trying to make a routine around it?
Where's my colon?!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:30 am

Brett H wrote:Great reviews Victor! Really digging Ghost Camera now!

I am a bit confused by Dog House. Is it fragile? Not made well? Is it about trying to make a routine around it?
No issue on quality Brett. Both (box and sponges) are excellent made. No doubt. Even Tenyo delivers 16 puppies with 4 different colors. Cool huh :) All routines are also excellent. There is a small weakness on the handling especially when we load all 3 dogs into the house. After reading the instruction, this issue has been considered and it has been advised by Tenyo. It is a good trick but we need more practice on the handling. I expect the box can be locked permanently so we can hand it out for examination. Seems that not possible to realize that.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:45 am

VictorS wrote:
Brett H wrote:Great reviews Victor! Really digging Ghost Camera now!

No issue on quality Brett. Both (box and sponges) are excellent made. No doubt. Even Tenyo delivers 16 puppies with 4 different colors. Cool huh :) All routines are also excellent. There is a small weakness on the handling especially when we load all 3 dogs into the house. After reading the instruction, this issue has been considered and it has been advised by Tenyo. It is a good trick but we need more practice on the handling. I expect the box can be locked permanently so we can hand it out for examination. Seems that not possible to realize that.
Right after posting, I immediately thought, 'Victor is smart. There's NO WAY it could be a context or performance issue. Why the hell did I ask that?'

I was wondering about the dogs. I was a bit afraid that we'd get 'Magic Butterflied' in the sense that we'd only be able to produce multiple 'blue or yellow dogs'.

But I get where you're coming from now. I need to get Dog House to fully know what you're talking about. It's in the works.
Where's my colon?!

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:10 pm

Hi there back in the land of the living :D Just waiting for the Tenyo 2016 to arrive from Merlins of Wakefield :D

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:55 pm

HELLO!! welcome back Pete, glad you're well, great to have you back :)
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:24 pm

Hi Pete...welcome back. Let`s continue the fun ;)

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:35 pm

Welcome back to the fold, Pete! I was wondering where you went!
Where's my colon?!