Two confirmed hints towards the 2016 releases

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: Two confirmed hints towards the 2016 releases

Post by SimonC » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:57 pm

Looks like the handkerchief will be an augmented reality app. I guess you will get speccy to pick a card and hold the phone over the handkerchief, it will recognise the pattern and start and animation over the hanky. Hard to describe but there are a few good apps like chatterbucks (the face on a note starts to talk. It's awesome :)
Now you see me...

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:45 pm

I'm kinda thinking it won't be an app. Remember these tricks are marketed towards kids in Japan. Are they expected to all have a smartphone and install an app on it? I'm thinking this will work work with the camera on any phone and they can even use the spectator's phone.
I could be wrong though... ;)

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:08 am

All right, I have a question for you experts. This is regarding 'Tiny Plunger'.

Seeing how this is a remake of a trick and not a Tenyo engineered one; I think someone mentioned that it'll go under 'Worlds Greatest Magic'.

Tenyo has remade some other notable tricks in the past like 'Ultimate Shocking Pen'', 'Ghost Lamp', 'Floating Card', etc.

I only have a couple of the remakes (''Pen' and 'Ghost Lamp'). Does Tenyo make significant changes from the older counterparts (I know they made a lot of changes with USP, and I think Floating Card, not sure about Ghost Lamp). I know that there's not a whole helluva lot to 'Tiny Plunger', other than I think the Tenonversion will include a handkerchief to perform it on (unless they did something where it isn't required).

Anyway, the trick has only been in the market for a few years. Do you think Tenyo has found a way to make a significant improvement to something this new?
Where's my colon?!

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:54 pm

I never bought the Tiny Plunger- so the Tenyo version will be my chance to get this one.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:22 am

John B. wrote:I never bought the Tiny Plunger- so the Tenyo version will be my chance to get this one.
Same here. I do have an idea of how it works though, but I can't think of anything Tenyo could do to improve it. Perhaps special cards? Or 'a' special card? Or a better plunger? No idea ... .

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:23 pm

I'm looking for the actual one as it tells you how to make part of the gimmick. And that part allows for a great degree in customization. Which is something I don't think the Tenyo version is going to have, and for good reason.

Couple things from looking around for user reviews and such as it really is a neat one . I do know that the original version requires the use of a close up pad. That is the ONLY thing I see Tenyo improving on; taking that out of the equation. The other is that the DVD tells you how to use different decks, allowing for a degree of customization. I figure if Tenyo cuts out the need of the close-up pad; deck customization is out, and (if you snoop around a bit) provides a better idea of what the gimmick is).

I keep seeing snippets of what part of what the principle of the gimmick(s) are. I just have no way of making the connection.
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:59 pm

what I'll say about TP is that it's my most used trick when go out to pubs/bars, the reactions are awesome
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:52 pm

SimonC wrote:what I'll say about TP is that it's my most used trick when go out to pubs/bars, the reactions are awesome
You using Tiny Plunger...

Forgive my lack of surprise. But...yeah, I had a feeling that Plunger was up your alley!
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:10 am

My innuendo generator just exploded
Now you see me...

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:33 am

I hadn't ever looked at Tiny Plunger until now that has a cute factor that makes you want to but it right away. I see on Penguin it says this product doesn't come with gimmicked plunger anymore. That doesn't sound good how can that be. If you don't get the gimmicked plunger how does it work. That is like saying this new car doesn't come with motor anymore. :?
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:41 am

Richard W wrote:I hadn't ever looked at Tiny Plunger until now that has a cute factor that makes you want to but it right away. I see on Penguin it says this product doesn't come with gimmicked plunger anymore. That doesn't sound good how can that be. If you don't get the gimmicked plunger how does it work. That is like saying this new car doesn't come with motor anymore. :?
Yeah, I saw that too. Really puzzling. I'm trying to track one down that won't put me out $60 bucks so I can figure out the mystery of the toy plunger. Not something in going to readily admit to the missus.

'I need $60-70 for some Magic--no questions asked!'
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:01 am

the gimmicked tiny plunger is the one you hand out for examination, the ungimmicked one is the one you use for the trick. I bought 10 ungimmicked ones on eBay for £1.
fun fact: the tiny plunger was originally an iPhone stand (you stick it on the back so you can watch YouTube videos of cats) a magician saw it and thought "hey there's a trick here". I actually had one a few years ago and threw it out (before I knew about the trick)
I'm sure tenyo have worked their usual magic on this effect and given it a few twists, possibly making it a bit more user friendly, but in essence it is a very minimal trick. I have my plunger in my pocket all the time, ready to go, you can use a borrowed deck with minimal prep.
the results are amazing, john and I had some great fun with it in London, the best bit is when the plunger 'reads your spectators mind' and you stick it to their forehead.
thanks to vic for putting me onto this trick, it's killer
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:26 am

I obtained a top secret prototype of Tenyos Extreme Tiny Plunger.It works with a m****t, unlike the original TP. The Bicyle deck is only there for comparison. Little card deck is included.
WP_20150822_12_21_28_Pro.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:23 am

That looks really cute Rob :)

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:41 am

Rob Rand wrote:It works with a m****t[/attachment]
Works with a muppet?
Where's my colon?!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:16 am

Seems that the liitle plunger becomes a hot topic here :)

Beside the TP demo available on the net, try to watch the Jon Armstrong`s performance also at Fool Us:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEa8VGobVR8

Penn gave a very clear clue of the secret weapon to perform the trick. If you are familiar with the card works / principals, this will ring your bell. For me, it is one of the best principal in card magic. I believe The Professor of Magic, Mr. Dai Vernon said it also ;) I will always keep the secret because it is soooo good and works naturally....and you can do it with a borrowed deck. Well I will not reveal anything more because I will ruin the fun.

By the way, it is quite surprising also to hear that the gimmick plunger was not anymore included when buying this. Will Tenyo do the same thing ?

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:42 pm

VictorS wrote:Seems that the liitle plunger becomes a hot topic here :)

Beside the TP demo available on the net, try to watch the Jon Armstrong`s performance also at Fool Us:

Penn gave a very clear clue of the secret weapon to perform the trick. If you are familiar with the card works / principals, this will ring your bell. For me, it is one of the best principal in card magic. I believe The Professor of Magic, Mr. Dai Vernon said it also ;) I will always keep the secret because it is soooo good and works naturally....and you can do it with a borrowed deck. Well I will not reveal anything more because I will ruin the fun.

By the way, it is quite surprising also to hear that the gimmick plunger was not anymore included when buying this. Will Tenyo do the same thing ?
I hope they do! And I'm looking at Psychic Money as I say this:

There isn't as many props to Tiny Plunger as, say, Impossible Pen

I figure they would add a gimmicked plunger because they have the space for it, there's not much to the plungers, and it gives the effect a lot more versatility in terms of options. You don't HAVE to use it, but if you do, there you go.

And you can use a borrowed deck with it?! Holy hell! I was wondering if I could use a blank deck and signed cards. This is great news!

Sorry, I'm excited.

TINY PLUNGER!
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:59 pm

There is a wee bit of prep you need to do once you've borrowed the deck but it's easy to do quite naturally
Now you see me...

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:37 pm

Brett H wrote:
VictorS wrote:Seems that the liitle plunger becomes a hot topic here :)

I hope they do! And I'm looking at Psychic Money as I say this:

There isn't as many props to Tiny Plunger as, say, Impossible Pen

I figure they would add a gimmicked plunger because they have the space for it, there's not much to the plungers, and it gives the effect a lot more versatility in terms of options. You don't HAVE to use it, but if you do, there you go.

And you can use a borrowed deck with it?! Holy hell! I was wondering if I could use a blank deck and signed cards. This is great news!

Sorry, I'm excited.

TINY PLUNGER!
I just love that Penn and Teller Fool Us video you could see Penn was completely blown away with this act. That is a great effect. I also like the way Penn told Jon Armstrong how Teller knew how it was done right out loud without revealing to someone that doesn't know the secret that was great. I like the way Jon Armstrong performs he talks fast with clarity and humor I could watch him all day long doing magic. I am going to get his version for sure and when Tenyo gets theirs out I will have to hear what the difference is then get it also. I see the plunger by itself online all over as cheap as $1.67 from China, 2.87 in USA free shipping for both but don't know if it is as quality and has the lip larger lip around it that makes it look more like a real toilet plunger I'll have to grab a couple up and see they are so cheap. Thanks Victor for the video link that was excellent. :mrgreen:

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:57 pm

I am pretty confident that I realize what the secret behind the Tiny Plunger is, but some parts of the routine are just mind boggling ... . In Victor's video for example (thanks Victor by the way!) the first part, where the spectator names a number (15 in this case) and the plunger takes exactly 15 cards? I mean .. :o

I'm definately going to buy this one from Tenyo.

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:46 pm

David DeTenyo wrote:I am pretty confident that I realize what the secret behind the Tiny Plunger is, but some parts of the routine are just mind boggling ... . In Victor's video for example (thanks Victor by the way!) the first part, where the spectator names a number (15 in this case) and the plunger takes exactly 15 cards? I mean .. :o

I'm definitely going to buy this one from Tenyo.
David he also does that card count thing in this video but didn't hear anyone say how many before he counted them but must work seen it twice now. Worth getting this version just for that alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtrKQY6w-VM

Fact that teller also stuck the plunger to his forehead tells me he seen this video before he did this for him on the show. Coincidence I don't think so... :D

Also like the way when he plunges to the selected card tilts the stack back towards him leaving the plunger on the top lets it go and plunger holds it like when you use these plungers as a iphone stand very nice.

Great performance.

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:54 pm

Ok so you didn't like that last post try this one. Prepare to laugh your ass off this is as funny as it gets. Here is Jon Armstrong preforming Tiny Plunger at the Magic Castle. This is the best you will see of this effect I promise you. So get your drinks and popcorn say your prayers before you die laughing. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VnIHRSnywY

Richard

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:44 am

Richard W wrote:Ok so you didn't like that last post try this one. Prepare to laugh your ass off this is as funny as it gets. Here is Jon Armstrong preforming Tiny Plunger at the Magic Castle. This is the best you will see of this effect I promise you. So get your drinks and popcorn say your prayers before you die laughing. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VnIHRSnywY

Richard
Came close to dying! Life flashed before my eyes and everything, it was crazy!

Thanks for sharing that! That presentation was absolutely hilarious.
Where's my colon?!

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:53 am

Brilliant! Bravo ...
and now, on with the show ...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:42 am

The Tiny Plunger rocks !!! :) :) Excellent routine...thanks for sharing it Richard !