Conversation Pieces

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
Brett H

Conversation Pieces

Post by Brett H » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:46 pm

This is something I have played around in my head; and we just got a new coffee table and the idea was there for a whopping 5 minutes (to which the twins occupied and took it over like a game of 'Risk').

Does anyone have any Tenyo on a coffee table, or somewhere in the house that 'lie in wait' until a guest asks about them and you roll right into a routine?

I have heard about this being done, but I'm not sure if It was a very subtle joke, I have reached a whole new level of goober.
Where's my colon?!

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Re: Conversation Pieces

Post by Elliot W. » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:28 pm

I had my Phantom clock our on display for a while but i ended up putting it away after i heard thatt they tend to stop working after a while.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:36 am

1. John M`s Think A Drink
2. 1+ Tenyo : Magical Cafe http://funstuffonly.com/tenyo/plus/#2010 should be fit to the theme: coffee time. I`m not sure about this and this trick is hard to find unfortunately.
3. I`m thinking of performing magical burgers with different theme, with different type of cookies.
4. My non Tenyo self made project : Choco Mental or Chocookie Box Project :)
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=727&p=7030&hilit=project#p6890

Maybe could help :)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:24 am

Sorry Brett, maybe I missunderstood your point and my above suggestion didn`t meet your expectation.
Try the impossible bottle. I tried to make my own impossible bottle too ;) Just put it on the table and people will start to have discussion about it.

If you are still interested to do routine on coffee/tea break, this is what I`m talking about transforming magical burgers to the other theme. :) Maybe something interesting for you or the forum member.

The coffee and tea are the 'buns' like the magical burgers. And the plate is the "beef patty". The spec can select one of the cookie or cakes they would like to have and put into between the plate and coffee an tea and you guess their selection. Would be great if the outcome will match on food you have in your kitchen...that would be awesome :) Just like doing the happy burger routine. If you want to, you can continue the prediction routine but I think it is not necessary. I will not make any complicated memory system but rather like "cheat sheet" to help me memorizing the order :) Makes my life easier.

Cheers,
Vic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:27 am

Ow...sorry I forgot to describe the foods and drinks:
Top, left to right : Choco Cookie, blueberry pie, doughnut, black forrest cake.
Middle, left to right : Fruit cake, cheesecake, cup cake.
Bottom, left to tight : tea, coffee, empty plate, cream puff.
I`m feeling hungry now :)

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:25 am

The Bird Brain Brochure was created to be left around. I only made one because I felt the cards made for a stronger effect because the magician does not need to see the faces. http://funstuffonly.com/tenyoforum/view ... ure#p10868

On the Magic Cafe a while back someone spoke of getting multiple Coin Coasters and leave them around ready to be performed.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:56 am

Leave your Milk Tumbler between your other glasses and your Shrinking Pen and Ultimate Shocking Pen between your other pens ... . Store your Unusual Suspects with your Cluedo game. Make the traditional suspects from Cluedo (Colonel Mustard, Reverant Green, Ms. Scarlet etc. - there are also 6 suspects as in Tenyo's trick) from a blanc stripper deck (or make your own). Should go well and draw attention when opening the box :)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:02 am

ooh that's a good idea, I love cluedo too :)
Like John said with his bird brain brochure, having something lying around where the spectator becomes interested in it is really powerful as THEY instigate the trick rather than you saying, "hey check this out".
I made a wooden version of image generator as a coaster so you could serve someone their drink on it when they come round. The plan being that they sit for a while before they notice the design (hopefully by the time theyve finished their drink theyre more in the mood to be fooled;)
I also have Phantom clock which was given to me on my birthday by Mr Mazza, thats a cracking conversation piece. People spot it and ask what it is, i say take a closer look and tell me how it works. Heads get scratched into sawdust
Now you see me...

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:41 pm

Simon,
Right now I have your "Rosetta Stone" in plain sight. If I have to, I hint/work it into a conversation.
Your "Rosetta Stone" is VERY powerful, and I thank you for this (and many other) wonderful effects.
Bob~
and now, on with the show ...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:44 pm

glad you like it Bob and it's getting some good use :)
I've been sidetracked with work recently, my boss is on jury duty so I'm acting head of department, I hadn't idea how much more work it would be so I'm pretty frazzled. I'm looking forward to having a little more time to start work on a new trick, it feels like it's been ages!
Now you see me...

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:39 pm

I thought you might have been "SideTracked" by Tenyo! ~ :lol: :lol: :lol: ~

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:31 am

No I've been a confined cube
Now you see me...

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:03 pm

Ah, a confined cube in a prison box using some tricky business to escape into the black hole.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:23 pm

BluBob wrote:Ah, a confined cube in a prison box using some tricky business to escape into the black hole.
:) :)