What's your next Tenyo purchase?

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: What's your next Tenyo purchase?

Post by SimonC » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:01 am

I just bought future puzzle this week (13 quid, not bad!) it's a nicely made trick (with a bit of arts and crafts which is great news for me :)
I got it to see if I could do it in wood. the pieces obviously will be easy but I'm trying to think of a smaller way to store/stash the pieces. I thought of a force bag at one point where they pick out the pieces one at a time. you would palm the pieces under the table and hold them at the edge of the bag as the spectator picks them. once the first 4 indifferent pieces are picked you release the last two for them to pick. It doesn't even need to be a force bag. you bring the bag out and shake it to show it has pieces inside, place it on the table and begin the card selection. if you do the invisible deck selection, you can whittle it down to picture cards, then ask them to select a suit first and then a face, this will buy you a bit of time to stash the two required pieces (perhaps tacked to the edge of your table?) this way the bag is in view the whole time and the bag is FULLY examinable at the end!
Now you see me...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:22 am

or use a matchbox, even smaller!
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:15 pm

gazpratley wrote:Brett Botond had a big mac cubio for sale, im sure he would do you a great deal,hes a top bloke!
Indeed! I got a Super Cubio last year from him. I'm going over the 'magic fund' and seeing if I can get it soon.
Where's my colon?!

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:46 pm

SimonC wrote:or use a matchbox, even smaller!
That is a great idea. Have it in a matchbox and it'd be great for impromptu bar magic. Go big with a well done trick wood box would make it a sturdy conversation piece for a living room table
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:10 pm

yeah I've been thinking about it all day and the bag idea would be a bit clunky. I'm definitely going to remake myself the box in wood. maybe even the pieces. like you say it'll be a bit sturdier :)
Now you see me...

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:07 am

SimonC wrote:I just bought future puzzle this week (13 quid, not bad!) it's a nicely made trick (with a bit of arts and crafts which is great news for me :)
I got it to see if I could do it in wood. the pieces obviously will be easy but I'm trying to think of a smaller way to store/stash the pieces. I thought of a force bag at one point where they pick out the pieces one at a time. you would palm the pieces under the table and hold them at the edge of the bag as the spectator picks them. once the first 4 indifferent pieces are picked you release the last two for them to pick. It doesn't even need to be a force bag. you bring the bag out and shake it to show it has pieces inside, place it on the table and begin the card selection. if you do the invisible deck selection, you can whittle it down to picture cards, then ask them to select a suit first and then a face, this will buy you a bit of time to stash the two required pieces (perhaps tacked to the edge of your table?) this way the bag is in view the whole time and the bag is FULLY examinable at the end!
===================================================================================
How about inserting/installing a "magnetic " strip on one side of the wooden box? The pieces could now be "shimmed" so as to "cling" to the side until needed.
and now, on with the show ...

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:10 am

the thought had crossed my mind! you can get magnetic paper which laser cuts nicely too ;)
Now you see me...

EvanS

Post by EvanS » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:35 pm

Okay... topic related...

My next purchase will be...,...,...

Mystery China Box!!

I have a seller who is holding it for me (brand new, in sealed box!!).

Expensive... but hopefully worth the wait.

Oh yeah... also, Money Shredder and Twister. :)

EvanS

Post by EvanS » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:41 am

Waiting for these... to show up in my mailbox (SOON!!)

Mystic Blackboard
Shrinking Pen
Magician’s Finger
Twister
Mystery China Box (FINALLY!!)
Money Shredder

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:27 am

You'll absolutely LOVE Twister IF you have no idea how it works. This was one of the few occasions in the past I really got a HUGE smile on my face when I knew how it worked - so darn clever! :)
Mystery China Box is, of course, another great piece of micro magic gimmickery, but handle it with care. Especially the locking mechanism can move too 'freely' over time ... . Only 'engage' it when you really feel the need to let someone examine it. If not, leave it in the open position and don't use it ;)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:53 am

Nice catch Evan ! Beside the props with clever mechanism as David mentioned, I love also the Mystic Blackboard. Tenyo changed the old well known principle and cleverly modified to become typical Tenyo prop. I suggest you make guesses on how all props work before you read the instructions and see how close you are :) Have fun!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:46 am

I am still looking for the small english boxed T-33 Coin and Glass if anyone has or sees one.

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:18 am

I am looking for a Tenyo T-81 "Space Walking Coins."

Please "PM" me, OR just reply to this message.

Many thanks,
Bob~
and now, on with the show ...