Get ready for Tenyo 2017 !!!

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
VictorS

Get ready for Tenyo 2017 !!!

Post by VictorS » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:22 am

Hello guys,

I just open my Facebook and saw the first announcement for Tenyo 2017 by Yosuke Fuchiwaki.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

One of the trick in the poster that looks obvious is the Puzzle Trick which we had the discussion before :
Merlin`s Magic Elixir
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1035&hilit=magic+elixir
All the puzzle pieces look so similar and I assume this will come in plastic version. There was already many kind of version available on the market for this trick (from the cheapest to the most expensive one) but I hope Tenyo will come with some improvement.

The other 3 items seem unclear for me and I don`t understand Japanese unfortunately. Maybe someone can help to translate. I used my google translate app. that can recognized text in photo but it didn`t help a lot.

In addition there was 4 additional tricks shared by Yosuke but I`m not sure what they are. Looks like packet tricks to me.

I hope the 2017 release will be much more interesting to all of us.

Cheers,
Vic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Re: Get ready for Tenyo 2017 !!!

Post by Elliot W. » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:10 am

Thanks for the info Victor.
The bottom picture looks like re-releases of older tricks.
There is an ESP card trick in the World Magic Set. That could be the one in the top left corner.
The trick on the bottom left looks like Dream Psychometry and bottom right looks like it could possibly be last year's special - Magician's Flash Cards.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:16 am

Tried doing some OCR on the first Photo.
Here's what I got:

Legend of the Puzzle

Winning Ghost Leg (Click here to see what a Ghost Leg is.)

Psycho Gravity

Magic reflection in water

Of course i could be completely off on the translation but it's a start. The Japan Toy Show starts tomorrow which is when they start demoing these so hopefully some other sites will post more info.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:42 am

Ghost leg sounds like a lottery prediction. Thanks for the info Elliot ;)

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:59 am

Great find Victor!
However like Elliot I think these are not next years T-number releases, at least not the ones on the second picture ... perhaps more like those occasional Japan-only tricks Tenyo releases every year ... ? They are also very cheap (8,5 - 13 USD I believe).

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:08 am

JapanMagic has put more detailed info on his blog.
Check it out here:
http://jpmagic.blog34.fc2.com/blog-entry-1723.html

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:09 pm

Elliot W. wrote:JapanMagic has put more detailed info on his blog.
Check it out here:
http://jpmagic.blog34.fc2.com/blog-entry-1723.html
Mannn... you are quick Elliot. I`m about to post the same info :)
I believe the Ghost Leg you mentioned before is the one that won the Japan Toy Award 2016. It`s really interesting to see some new ideas. I still could`t catch the effect of Psycho Gravity, Magic reflection in water but both look interesting too. The puzzle is definitely the one we talked before and the Akira Fuji Magic DVD would be something like impromptu card magic or with sleight of hands.

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:06 pm

So, these are the 2017 line or are specials?

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:24 pm

Richard Kaufman posted something on TMC/Facebook and I believe these will indeed be the '17 items afterall :)

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:31 pm

They are indeed the 2017 tricks.
In addition to the 2017 tricks they are coming out with a mental magic series which contains 4 smaller tricks. Two of them are previous specials and I can't really tell what the other two are.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:31 pm

I just saw this today. Definitely an interesting lineup for 2017.

The 4 smaller tricks (which look like re-released +1's) is a part of a 'Mentalism' line for 2017.

From what it looks like, it doesn't seem like any of them play from the pockets. I could be very (and would be happily) wrong here.

Here's the Google translate on the 4 effects:

'Psycho Gravity' - devised Mr. Kenichi Komiya mysterious black object, began rolling slowly the plate, you stop at the place where the goods chosen by the opponent was written. This state has the object as if the will, as if reading the thought of the opponent! ! It is unique and strange magic that can also shed Trump chose the other.

'Ghost Leg' - Mr. devised Sato, despite the absolutely adverse conditions you will be sure to win the lottery! Magic like such a dream is now possible by clever mathematical principle of the newly developed "Amida Principles"! He won the Japan Toy Award 2016 "Innovative Toy Division" Award of Excellence! Patent pending.

'Water Reflection' - Tanakahiroki Mr. Have to remember to select the playing cards to the other party. Put the water in a small black tray, get and appear gradually picture of Trump chose ... staring at the opponent, and we will disappear. Not only Trump, is the magic of the fantastic and excellent atmosphere that can also represent other picture!

'Legend of the Puzzle' - in the perfect frame size of the puzzle will add one piece, but it will fits snugly into why unchanged size frame! ... It does not change again size even further another plus more big piece! ! why! ? It is too much of likely a headache to wonder.

Initial impressions:

- Of the 4, I think that 'Psycho Gravity' looks to be one that I can utilize the most. I'm not exactly the biggest fan of levitation tricks, but it's combining levitation WITH a prediction. So I'm curious how that's going to play out.

'Ghost Leg', to me, sounds like it it's a 'regional' effect that will be popular in Japan (especially since it's already up for awards), but may not connect with magicians everywhere else. However, I'm a bit of a fan of mathematical magic effects and it sounds like there is the potential of getting many people involved in the trick. I'll wait until the demo video comes out in a couple months before I pass on a final judgment.

'Water Reflection' is interesting because Tenyo hasn't played with water effects since 2002 with 'Sun and Moon Tubes'. This effect sounds like it'll be a bigger hit than the 'Tubes. If I'm reading it correctly: they make a selection, you dip it in water, and the card appears in the water--but you can make the selection disappear at will?

'Legend of the Puzzle' sounds interesting, and I might get it based on the fact that it's the ONLY non-prediction effect of the 4.

Also, 'Dream Psychometry' and 'Mentalist Notebook' reprints are confirmed as part of the 4-trick Mentalism series. The other two are called 'Hyper ESP Card' and 'Magic of Miracles'.
Where's my colon?!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:55 am

Better ad for the Super Mental Series.

Elliot was right
The 1st one is ESP Routine as in the Magic World Set.
The 2nd one looks like the Magic Square routine.
The 3rd one is Dream Psychometry.
The 4th one is Magician's Flash Cards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:24 pm

Soooowww ... it's not the '17 line but merely some 'extra' tricks Tenyo will release seperately that were originally part of sets or +1 items? :geek:

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:27 pm

David DeTenyo wrote:Soooowww ... it's not the '17 line but merely some 'extra' tricks Tenyo will release seperately that were originally part of sets or +1 items? :geek:
That is correct. I'm glad we're getting a reprint of Dream Psychometry.

And a bit surprised that we're getting a reprint of Mentalism Notecards so soon. I mean, it was released last year.
Where's my colon?!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:39 pm

David DeTenyo wrote:Soooowww ... it's not the '17 line but merely some 'extra' tricks Tenyo will release seperately that were originally part of sets or +1 items? :geek:
Yes David, in total there will be 9, so far I know.
4 X T-Series
1 X Akira Fuji Card Trick
4 X Super Mental Series
I hope the Mental Series will be available also worldwide and they are not only sold in Japan.
By the way, how did you come up with "17" ? :) :)

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:54 am

AmiAmi has all the new Tenyo available for pre-order and they've put up slightly bigger pictures.
http://slist.amiami.com/top/search/list ... pagemax=40

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:28 pm

Wow they are quick.Thanks for the info Elliot ;)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Looking at the pic of the puzzle trick in the Amiami website, seems that Tenyo makes the puzzle pieces transparent out of acrylic plastic which I think really good and avoid suspicion. This reminds me to "Crystal puzzle paradoxe - Le puzzle de Sherlock Holmes en acrylique transparent"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4GVBNEyvXY

Do you notice the "smart move" ? :)

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:09 am

The current lot of Tenyo's Beat the Computer puzzles are also made out of the same plastic.
http://www.tenyo.co.jp/toyhobby/pla/index.html

I guess they were already making puzzles using that material so they applied it to this as well.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:10 pm

Ah yes! I have 2 of these plastic puzzles! Didn't even realize they were made by Tenyo :)

Shan

Post by Shan » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:52 am

Wow great info guys! Can't wait for the 2017 tenyos!!!! Anddddd I'm back

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:22 am

Welcome back Shan, what have you been up to?
Now you see me...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:05 am

Has anyone placed the order ? I think I will wait until I can watch several demos appear on the Tube.

Shan

Post by Shan » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:25 am

Hi Simon, just busy with work and life. I cleaned my room and started playing with my Tenyo when I was wiping my Tenyo cabinet! Can't wait for the 2017 series! Also haven't fully dipped into my Tenyoism yet

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:26 pm

Welcome back, Shan!

You have surfaced from your Lego City full of sharks!
Where's my colon?!