Cloud Money

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
Jason

Re: Cloud Money

Post by Jason » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:02 pm

Then it does sound like a good trick. I imagine if I had it, I could do the trick where I write a prediction and put in a safe at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean; and the prediction would match. I read about that stunt in a magic book about mental magic. The only problem with doing a trick where someone actually did it that way is that it would cost a lot of money to find out if the prediction was right. As I said, I can only offer tricks not money because I only have a dollar left. Unless that will pay for Card Surgery or the version of it where you use a picture of a frog instead of a playing card, then I'm afraid I don't have anything to offer unless someone likes vintage silver age Green Lantern comic books.
God bless, Jason Irelan

Jason

Post by Jason » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:59 pm

I found my topsy turvy bottle illusion. That's in very good condition if it's worth anything in trade.
God bless, Jason Irelan

Jason

Post by Jason » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:20 am

I'm getting money on a fairly regular basis. What's the best deal someone could offer me both Cloud Money and Card Surgery or the frog version of it that I'm guessing is cheaper? If someone can promise me that Ballerina Hank won't work the same way that Ghost Pet did, I'll think about getting that one later.
God bless, Jason Irelan

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:13 pm

The frog version of Card Surgery is an add-on our own John Mazza makes: http://funstuffonly.com/tenyo/buysell/iimas/ .

Ballerina Hank is completely different than Ghost Pet. Not my favourite Tenyo at all to be honest, pretty hard to do convincing.

Funny you keep wanting to buy Tenyo's that are not among many peoples favourites ... Cloud Money, Ballerina Hank ... . There are better ones - browse the forum and you'll find plenty :)

Jason

Post by Jason » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:03 pm

It's hard to believe that Card Surgery wouldn't be someone's favorite trick considering how good it looks. It's not difficult to perform, is it? Too me, it looks just as mindboggling as David Kotkin's torn and restored baseball card trick, except you're not pulling the signature off the card after it's been restored. Where's the Tenyo website that tells what the 2017 tricks are. There are very few Tenyo tricks I wouldn't get if I was rich enough.
God bless, Jason Irelan

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:13 am

Card Surgery looks great, but the set up is a hassle. And no it isn't hard to do, but you do need some practice to do it fluently.
So is it a good trick? I think it is, but it's not one I perform.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:49 am

I always love Roberto`s approach on Card Surgery.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YiVeYV00Xk

Jason

Post by Jason » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:04 pm

Regardless of the presentation, it looks good; and I hope I'll be able to add it to my repertoire. What's the website that tells what the Tenyo tricks are? I saw a few of them, but I'd like to see I've seen all of them. I noticed there were some put out by Magic Works. Is that company back again?
God bless, Jason Irelan

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:03 am

Jason, take your time and browse the forum, and all will become crystal clear :)
Magic Works has been out of business for years.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:39 am

If you look at the top of the forum, find 'Tenyo Magic Site'.
On there there is a list of all T-numbered Tenyos that John has put in order with photos and a description. Any you like the look of I'm sure if you search them up on YouTube you'll find a good performance (there's a good chance it'll be roberto doing it!)
If you're getting some money in pick one you want and save up, you'll be glad you did :)
Now you see me...

Jason

Post by Jason » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:21 am

If Magic Works has been out of business for years, then what about What the Hole and Cube 5150?
God bless, Jason Irelan

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:23 am

That's 3D Magic Works, not the same company.

Jason

Post by Jason » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:30 pm

Okay, and how much does 3D Magic Works charge for their magic?
God bless, Jason Irelan

Jason

Post by Jason » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:33 pm

I forgot to ask if their tricks were available in stores that aren't magic stores.
God bless, Jason Irelan

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:57 am

You can ask him yourself, '3D magic works' is a member of this very forum! Or you could visit his website too. Each effect is very reasonably priced :)
Now you see me...

Jason

Post by Jason » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:28 pm

I did ask him after asking here and found out they're not available in stores right now. I also found out they're not Tenyo tricks, so I shouldn't be asking here. He told me they're expensive because of 3D printing. He should've saved money and not done 3D printing. I might know how one of the tricks is done, Break Out because I've seen other tricks that do that; and it could work the same way Phantom Block works.
God bless, Jason Irelan