What's everyone's favorite Tenyo trick?

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Re: What's everyone's favorite Tenyo trick?

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:53 am

So you want people who bought these items, sometimes payed quite a lot for them, to send them over to you, at their own (shipping costs) expense, in other words completely for FREE Jason?
Steve's offer for Crystal Cleaver, which has been discontinued by the way, is superb. Yet your reply suggests that EVEN WITH Squeeze Play (or the spare parts of it), the offer is still too high for you?

In other words, someone offers you a great deal and you immediately ask more (which I find a bit disrespectful), and on top of that even if you would ever 'get' more the cost would still be too high :?

May I know if you are a youngster/student Jason? Nothing wrong with that, just asking, but that might partly explain your lack of money to buy magic or at least put things into perspective. Because at the moment I and many of us are a bit puzzled with what your intentions are.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:30 am

Jason, have you ever requested / asked your parents for a present for special occasions like your birthday or graduation or etc to fulfill your wish ? For magic trick around USD 20,- I think the price is acceptable and you deserve it ;)

Jason

Post by Jason » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:39 pm

I didn't intend to be disrespectful. I was only wanting extras of tricks I used to have but can't afford to pay for. Aside from Crystal Cleaver and Squeeze Play, there's also Phantom Block, Illusionarium, and Infinity Zone. I'm an adult on social security, but someone handles my money for me to pay bills, and there's not much left over for fun. As far as ones that stump me, I'd want to buy all of them to find out how they're done; but there are a few that caught my eye: 4D Surprise, Card Surgery, and that one where you take a ball out of a case that's too small, so I could use Doctor Who patter and say that the case is bigger on the inside like the TARDIS, which stands for time and relative dimension in space. I don't know why Milton Bradley's Magic Works went out of business, but I wish Tenyo would sign a deal with another company so you could get tricks from department stores without having to pay a lot. 4D Surprise is expensive; and if it was put out by Magic Works, it would cost a lot less.
God bless, Jason Irelan

Jason

Post by Jason » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:18 am

Why did they change the name of one of the Tenyo tricks? When I first did a Google search for 2017 Tenyo tricks, there was this one that had the word maze in it. Now they call it Ghost Leg. Why? I wish they were marketing it under Magic Works of course.
God bless, Jason Irelan

Jason

Post by Jason » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:09 am

The fact that that website that shows all the names of the Tenyo tricks and the years they came out is either gone or too obscure for anyone here to give me a link is irritating because I have no idea what the name of that bigger on the inside trick is.
God bless, Jason Irelan

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:46 pm

Jason,

Here is the link to the Tenyo site with the complete list of tricks and years they came out.

http://www.tenyo.co.jp/magic_en/alllist/index.html

The new " Maze" trick for 2017 is still call "Magic Maze." I've not seen one called "Ghost Leg."

Jason

Post by Jason » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:30 pm

Do a Google search and put Tenyo trick Ghost Leg, and you'll see that it's the same trick as Magic Maze. Unfortunately that link is not the I'm looking for because I'm looking for the one that gives the year. I still have no idea what that TARDIS trick is called. What's the best deal someone could offer me that one, Card Surgery, and 4D Surprise. The reason I like 4D Surprise is because it's like David Kotkin's vanishing of the Statue of Liberty if it can make the little statue vanish. David's trick was disappointing when I found out the secret because if someone actually lived in New York and he went on a tour there, he could never do it and fool anyone seeing it live in person, but it would still be fun to play with.
God bless, Jason Irelan

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:08 am

I'm a fan of the old Magic Works tricks. I'm not exactly sure why they ended up petering out by Series 4 and going belly up.

I think part of it has to do with the time at which MW was going on. Honestly, after series 4, there wasn't a whole lot of Tenyo tricks that MW could have re-released. Between ease of use and the ability to make a trick look marketable, pretty much the inventory was near exhaustion.

I think they might have been able to eek out a Series 5. But the most viable Tenyo options would be, Super Phanto Block, Cubio/SuperCubio, Ultra Tube, Tunnel of Darkness, and MAYBE Invisible Zone.

While, to us, this would be a neat set. I can tell you that 10 year old me would have only jumped on something like Tunnel of Darkness and Invisible Zone because I think the box art for both would be amazing. The other 4 would be quite tough to market well, IMO.
Where's my colon?!

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:21 pm

Jason wrote:Unfortunately that link is not the I'm looking for because I'm looking for the one that gives the year.
God bless, Jason Irelan
Jason,

Take a second look at the Tenyo website link in my last post.
It lists all the tricks by name, T number, inventor, and year. The year is listed on along the right side of the page.

Kirk

Jason

Post by Jason » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:38 pm

I don't suppose anyone here feels like enough of an entrepreneur to restart Magic Works, do they? There are lots of Tenyo ones that people would get in a heartbeat if they could like 4D Surprise. Every once in awhile I'll see a trick that I'd let someone give me like Flying Carpet but would never buy even if I was as rich as the president. You'd almost have to pay me money to take that trick, and they have the nerve to put a price tag on it? Unless someone does feel like they could restart Magic Works, let's start from scratch with the three tricks I asked about if someone has extras they can sell me for bargain prices: the TARDIS trick that I don't know the name of, Card Surgery, and 4D Surprise please. I'll ask the people in charge of my money how much of an allowance they can afford to let me have and save up. I'm definitely not going to give up comic book buying in exchange. For one thing, they're easier to organize. Antigravity Rock would probably be another good that people would get.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:38 pm

Brett H wrote:
I think they might have been able to eek out a Series 5. But the most viable Tenyo options would be, Super Phanto Block, Cubio/SuperCubio, Ultra Tube, Tunnel of Darkness
Richard mentions in Tenyoism that they did license phanto block for series 5 and it was going to he called "The Cyborg's Brain". Too bad they ended up canceling the series.
I think I also remember reading thay Mark Sedaducatti wanted to rerelease the electronic magic works tricks but was told there isn't a market for things that just do one trick anymore so he ended up making something else. So I don't think we'll be seeing a Magic Works revival anytime soon.

Jason

Post by Jason » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:34 pm

They could do kits that would include several Tenyo tricks. Target sells magic kits. The more you pay, the more tricks you get in a set. What about those three I'm really wanting?
God bless, Jason Irelan

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:48 pm

Elliot W. wrote:
Brett H wrote:
I think they might have been able to eek out a Series 5. But the most viable Tenyo options would be, Super Phanto Block, Cubio/SuperCubio, Ultra Tube, Tunnel of Darkness
Richard mentions in Tenyoism that they did license phanto block for series 5 and it was going to he called "The Cyborg's Brain". Too bad they ended up canceling the series.
I think I also remember reading thay Mark Sedaducatti wanted to rerelease the electronic magic works tricks but was told there isn't a market for things that just do one trick anymore so he ended up making something else. So I don't think we'll be seeing a Magic Works revival anytime soon.
That's actually really cool! Just by the sound of it, I'd get 'The Cyborg's Brain'.

What's weird is that I just can't get onboard with the Electronic MWs.
Where's my colon?!

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:51 pm

Jason wrote:They could do kits that would include several Tenyo tricks. Target sells magic kits. The more you pay, the more tricks you get in a set. What about those three I'm really wanting?
God bless, Jason Irelan
They have some Tenyo 'kits' out there. I'm eyeballing a Pokémon magic kit at the moment. Thing is that they are some of the easier to make and more conventionally useable items from their inventory.

All depends on what you're looking for in terms of performing goes.
Where's my colon?!

Jason

Post by Jason » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:25 am

What does the Pokemon kit include for tricks, and others someone here who can sell me one? Also, how come nobody's offering me a deal for the tricks I asked about? Where's the one who offered me Cloud Money and Ballerina Hank when I talked about them earlier? As far as Crystal Cleaver goes, I wish someone would offer me one in a Ziploc bags for less than unopened and new for $20. I've had at least one person tell me that trick makes noise that gives it away. When I think of Pokemon, I think of a video game for a Game Boy that I wasted money on because it sucked; but if they put out a good Tenyo kit, then I guess their magic franchise is better than their video game franchise.
God bless, Jason Irelan

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:07 am

Jason wrote:What does the Pokemon kit include for tricks, and others someone here who can sell me one? Also, how come nobody's offering me a deal for the tricks I asked about? Where's the one who offered me Cloud Money and Ballerina Hank when I talked about them earlier? As far as Crystal Cleaver goes, I wish someone would offer me one in a Ziploc bags for less than unopened and new for $20. I've had at least one person tell me that trick makes noise that gives it away. When I think of Pokemon, I think of a video game for a Game Boy that I wasted money on because it sucked; but if they put out a good Tenyo kit, then I guess their magic franchise is better than their video game franchise.
God bless, Jason Irelan

In all fairness, if you don't like the video game franchise, the tricks aren't going to so well for you as they are all Pokémon themed.

The kits go for around $30 on EBay, last time I checked
Where's my colon?!

Jason

Post by Jason » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:50 pm

I don't care if they have them Pokémon themed as long as they are good Tenyo tricks. If they have Card Surgery in the kit; and it's Pokémon themed, I'll still get it. Kits are nice because that gives a person something to keep their tricks in. Now please tell me the names of the tricks. I imagine some of them may have been renamed, but I don't care as long as they do the same effect. I always wondered about the set up for Card Surgery. It's one thing to magically restore a card that's in four pieces; but the question is, how do you get it back into the four pieces. Of course, I don't expect anyone to tell me the secrets for free. As I keep saying, I'll make sure whoever has an extra one gets paid for it.
God bless, Jason Irelan

Jason

Post by Jason » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:00 pm

4 Dimensional Trunk is the TARDIS trick I was thinking of. Appropriate name for a trick since Doctor Who is a series about someone who travels through time. The link is helpful; but with my mobile phone, I don't have the ability to go back, so I have to wait until I can go to the library. I saw it on Amazon for $15.91 free shipping, which doesn't sound too bad; but I'll take one for cheaper if someone would like to accommodate me. People like Stephen Hawking say there are a lot more than four dimensions. I wish they'd name all the others.
God bless, Jason Irelan

gazpratley
Charter Member

Post by gazpratley » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:52 pm

so you like doctor who jason? me too,its a very good programme!

Jason

Post by Jason » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:57 pm

Yes I do, not that it has anything to do with the discussion at hand. A better place to talk about Doctor Who would be www.fanforum.com. Can anyone give me Tenyo's email address? They discontinued 4D Surprise for no reason, and I tried to send them an email about it, but it didn't get through. I wouldn't care if the trick was discontinued if it didn't have a $100 price tag on it, which is too darn freakin' high.
God bless, Jason Irelan

Jason

Post by Jason » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:03 pm

I saw Crystal Cleaver on an ebay dealer or something for $10.99. Now how come someone couldn't have offered me that kind of deal instead of unopened and brand new for $20?
God bless, Jason Irelan

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:37 pm

Jason wrote:I don't care if they have them Pokémon themed as long as they are good Tenyo tricks. If they have Card Surgery in the kit; and it's Pokémon themed, I'll still get it. Kits are nice because that gives a person something to keep their tricks in. Now please tell me the names of the tricks. I imagine some of them may have been renamed, but I don't care as long as they do the same effect. I always wondered about the set up for Card Surgery. It's one thing to magically restore a card that's in four pieces; but the question is, how do you get it back into the four pieces. Of course, I don't expect anyone to tell me the secrets for free. As I keep saying, I'll make sure whoever has an extra one gets paid for it.
God bless, Jason Irelan
I don't know all the tricks in the Pokémon magic kits. Here's a link to a lot of the Pokémon themed tricks out there:

http://tenyo-magic.blogspot.com/2010/05 ... n.html?m=1

I can say with absolute certainty that Card Surgery is not in any magic kit.
Where's my colon?!

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:38 pm

Jason wrote:I saw Crystal Cleaver on an ebay dealer or something for $10.99. Now how come someone couldn't have offered me that kind of deal instead of unopened and brand new for $20?
God bless, Jason Irelan
If it's 10.99. And it's the real thing. Go for it.
Where's my colon?!

Jason

Post by Jason » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:22 pm

One trick that looked pretty good was their version of Tenyo's The Mickey Mouse whatever you call it where you show an empty box that is full of sticks of chewing gum, but I wouldn't shell out several hundred dollars for a kit that only includes one trick that appeals to me. I saw another good trick that looks good, and I don't know how it got me before, and it's available for less than what I have want now. It's called Crazy Spots.
God bless, Jason Irelan

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:04 pm

Jason wrote:One trick that looked pretty good was their version of Tenyo's The Mickey Mouse whatever you call it where you show an empty box that is full of sticks of chewing gum, but I wouldn't shell out several hundred dollars for a kit that only includes one trick that appeals to me. I saw another good trick that looks good, and I don't know how it got me before, and it's available for less than what I have want now. It's called Crazy Spots.
God bless, Jason Irelan
The two Pokémon kits don't cost a ton. Relatively cheap considering what you get
Where's my colon?!