Your favourite rare tenyo piece!

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
bradtoulouse

Re: Your favourite rare tenyo piece!

Post by bradtoulouse » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:33 am

The other version of sidetrack is detailed in tenyoism fyi

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:34 am

bradtoulouse wrote:The other version of sidetrack is detailed in tenyoism fyi
What Page is that on Brad?

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:09 pm

It's on page 484.

Jason

Post by Jason » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:34 pm

When I read about these rare Tenyo items, there's one word that comes to mind; and that's give. :D
God bless, Jason Scott Irelan

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:46 am

:? :shock: :roll: :lol:
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:50 am

Jason wrote:When I read about these rare Tenyo items, there's one word that comes to mind; and that's give. :D
When I see or hear someone saying 'give', I always think: give first, afterwards you will receive (Luke 6:38). God bless.

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:26 am

Well said David!!

Jason

Post by Jason » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:32 am

As long as we're doing Scripture, here's a verse to bear in mind since I lost an important piece from Card Surgery and could stand another Card Surgery. It's Acts 20:35 that has a statement that was quoted by Jesus according to the verse, and it says it is better to give than to receive. A lot of you have more money than I have and can afford one more easily than I can.

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:52 am

Has this begging for free stuff ever worked for you?

I can say for certain it is not working here. :mrgreen:

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:57 am

Jason

It's time for you to leave this forum.

Please say your goodbyes and move on to anywhere other than here.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:35 pm

While I am familiar with the phrase 'it never hurts to ask'. There is also 'tact' and 'knowing your limits'. Asking for help with starting your Tenyo collection was one thing. And from what I understand, you did receive help on that front from people here. But now asking about giving discontinued and rare pieces is certainly extending beyond boundary.

One thing is for certain: Tenyo is inherently NOT cheap to collect. Unless you can auction hunt like the best of them (I can't remember who, but someone here was like the grandmaster of finding stupid cheap Tenyo)

And as I understand it, you do not have the best financial accommodations. I also do not have the best financial situation for Tenyo, but I've been able to find oddball ways of being able to afford it from time to time. Finding change on the ground in stores, drive-thrus/leftover in the Coinstar machines, flipping collectible decks I've been able to acquire through free weekly contests, creating cardistry/card flourishing tutorials, flipping collectable Hot Wheels/diecast cars, and just selling things I don't need anymore.

While I don't know all the specifics of your situation. I know that in a situation where finances are very constrained, you have get a bit creative with affording hobbies.
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:53 pm

"Necessity is the mother of invention"
Always worked for me...
Now you see me...

Jason

Post by Jason » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:09 pm

I never expected anyone to give me discontinued rare Tenyo tricks. When I said give, that was a joke, so please don't ban me over a joke. I thought I made it clear enough when I put a smiley emoticon up. The only thing I was a little serious about was a replacement for Card Surgery. Unless that one's been discontinued and is rare, then I never seriously asked someone to give me one for free. The reason I lost important parts of Card Surgery is because I tried taking it somewhere in a plastic shopping bag like you'd get from Walmart, and I lost an important piece. Card Surgery's a good trick, but there are too many small parts that are easy to lose. If I ever get a replacement for that one, I'm using a Ziploc bag when I'm going somewhere and planning to take it with me. I was just saying what the Lord said when I quoted that verse. It's not a commandment; and if nobody wants to be blessed by giving me a replacement, that's your prerogative.

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:47 am

Jason, I don't think it comes down to this isolated incident. Over the past few months, many of your posts do not contribute to the conversation in a meaningful or constructive way. Examples include the fantasy about using the pet scorpion to find a card, finding a card buried in the bottom of the ocean, asking members to set you up with a girlfriend, etc.

Part of being a member in an online community is the responsibility to consider that what you write may not come across the same way as in a live spoken conversation.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:51 am

John B. wrote:Jason, I don't think it comes down to this isolated incident. Over the past few months, many of your posts do not contribute to the conversation in a meaningful or constructive way. Examples include the fantasy about using the pet scorpion to find a card, finding a card buried in the bottom of the ocean, asking members to set you up with a girlfriend, etc.

Part of being a member in an online community is the responsibility to consider that what you write may not come across the same way as in a live spoken conversation.
Thank you John B. for Clarifying.

Goodbye Jason

Jason

Post by Jason » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:15 pm

I haven't brought up the scorpion trick for a long time, and the only reason I did was because Copperfield did it, and I wanted to learn the secret. I also never said anything about finding a card in the bottom of the ocean. I said something about making a prediction and putting it in the bottom of the ocean, which would be a dumb place because nobody would go to that much trouble to find a prediction made by a magician; and the only reason I said it was because I read it in an introduction in a magic book about mentalism.

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:03 pm

Last edited by Richard W on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BluBob

Post by BluBob » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:45 pm

Jason,

I think I understand your dilemma, although I might be completely wrong.

You love the magic, which all of us understand. However, you seem to have very limited funds with which to participate at a level which some of the others here have ascertained. This is also understandable. If this is the case, I understand this very well as many years ago, I myself started with nothing. Having very little, and wanting more, was the very best motivator for me to examine options, and make some serious decisions.

It looks like this community is giving you some very tough love. Although this community decision may make you feel somewhat confused at the moment, I hope you will think seriously about what is being said and use the advice to move on, and motivate you to set some different goals.

I wish you all the very best.

I feel that you have greatness in you, and that you will experience a great deal of success in the future.
and now, on with the show ...

Jason

Post by Jason » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:49 am

I'm on a waiting list and should hopefully get a job within a year or two. It does get frustrating to lose an important part to a Tenyo trick that's not cheap, however; and it would be nice if someone exercised that good Tenyo karma around Christmas time when it comes to Card Surgery. I already know how to do it, so I won't need anyone to give me instructions.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:17 am

That's All Folks!

I permanently banned Jason. I thought about making it for 30 days but why? He will never "get it"

Here is the reason he will see:

"This is not the right forum for you. Try the Magic Cafe. Good Luck. John"

bradtoulouse

Post by bradtoulouse » Mon May 01, 2017 1:50 pm

He is a friggin lunatic!

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Mon May 01, 2017 9:26 pm

Things have been somewhat quiet in Jason' s absence. He could really stir people up!

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Mon May 01, 2017 9:36 pm

Perhaps, but not to an overall good effect.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue May 09, 2017 1:29 pm

I have been eyebrow deep in academia but am slowly starting to drag myself back onto the magic horse :)
Now you see me...

Richard Kaufman

Post by Richard Kaufman » Wed May 10, 2017 12:57 pm

My favorite rare Tenyo piece is "Invisible Man." I think it was Kato who put it all together into a routine. It's cute. The invisible man idea comes from Dr. Sawa.