How to receive redemption/+1 trick ?

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
HerveM

How to receive redemption/+1 trick ?

Post by HerveM » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:39 am

David DeTenyo wrote:The problem is these items are only available when you live in Japan and send in all the coupons of this years releases which are on the Japanese manuals (so you'll have to buy all this years releases for sure).
So, the best way to get hold of such a trick is asking someone who lives in Japan to send in her or his coupons or, like I did last year, send my coupons to the person in Japan, ad he will than send them to Tenyo. Tenyo sends the item to him, and he sends it back to me. Quite the hassle :geek:

I'd love to share this persons name but he asks every year not to do that ... . And getting two or more is impossible for me, unfortunately.

They do pop up on Ebay sometimes.
Perhaps There is a way to receive the +1 trick using the service Tenso.com that I discovered a short time ago.
After creating an account (first name, last name, email, passport scan), Tenso gives you a shipping address in Japan.
As soon as he receives a parcel in your name, he sends it back to your real address. He takes a little charge.

I can't test because I did not take the 4 tricks of the year.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Re: How to receive redemption/+1 trick ?

Post by Elliot W. » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:20 am

If you can get hold of a 205 yen stamp then you can do that.
I've done it a couple of times using Tenso Japan (http://tensojapan.jshoppers.com).
They basically give you a Japanese address that you can ship things to.
I filled out the coupon with my Tenso Japan address. Sent it in with the rabbits and a 205 yen stamp.
In about 2 weeks Tenso Japan received it and shipped it to me.
The problem is getting hold of a 205 yen stamp. If anyone has a good source for this please let me know.

EvanS

Post by EvanS » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:52 pm

SEO had a deal this year... if you bought the entire 2018 line-up from them, they would send you the +1, provided that you gave permission for them to gently open each item and take the stamp. Perhaps they'll have the same deal next year for the current +1.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:05 am

I think I may have found a way to get Japanese stamps. I may try to order some in the next couple of days. If anybody wants one let me know and I'll see what i can do.

EvanS

Post by EvanS » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:38 pm

Elliot,
If all else fails (RE: purchase of Japanese stamps) let me know. My wife (a Japanese citizen) may be able to have her brother, or a friend send us some. She is also going back home in May, and can bring stamps back with her, when she returns.

I'm going to wait, to see if SEO offers the same deal for next year. It's a great sales pitch to encourage people to purchase the full year from one seller, so we may see more sellers offering it as an incentive in years to come.

HerveM

Post by HerveM » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:35 pm

Thanks guys for your feedback ;)

Evans, you are always ready to help, it's nice to see that! :)