Tenyo 2019

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
Richard Kaufman

Re: Tenyo 2019

Post by Richard Kaufman » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:59 pm

"That's exactly what I mean. If the bill is as big as the surface of the prop, only then it works perfect. Of course I mean, if half of the bill fits the prop.

With smaller bills it's really a pain to perform."

Rob, this is not true. It doesn't matter what size the bill is. I've had one for quite a while and have no problem with it using US bills. Not sure how it will work with plastic bills.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:07 pm

Ok Richard, but us dollars are way larger than euro bills, and euro bills tend to slip easily. Thry are very smooth...

HerveM

Re: Chocolate Break

Post by HerveM » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:01 am

CollinW wrote:Chocolate Break looks interesting. What are the angles like? Does it make noise?
The audience must be in front or on the side where you can see the wrist of the magician. A person who is next to the magician and sees the fingertips will see the gimmick. The gimmick does not make or almost no noise.

Otherwise I received Saturday the notification of sending for the last three rounds 2019 from amiami. The Asian zone will probably receive them quickly, Maybe Victor can give his opinion if he ordered them. For the rest of the world, we will have to wait about another two weeks ;)

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:49 am

Mine is in town but still q-ing in the custom :(

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:50 am

Ok, Christmas come early here. I received all 6 of 2019 series today morning but I think I will open them at Christmas :)

Simon Layland

Post by Simon Layland » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Can anyone tell me what the plus 1 trick is ?
Simon from Aus (but English)

HerveM

Post by HerveM » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:53 am

VictorS wrote:Ok, Christmas come early here. I received all 6 of 2019 series today morning but I think I will open them at Christmas :)
Mine have arrived in Paris in France. It should not be long :)

JapanMagic makes a presentation of Sword Reward: http://jpmagic.blog34.fc2.com/blog-entry-1913.html
We see very well the gimmick because it is wobbly and with the transformation from matte towards brilliant. :(
By cons, his demonstration is not bad at all:

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:46 pm

You can always count on Yasuo to come up with a worthwhile and unique routine for a Tenyo effect. Looks like he has done it again. What a great idea!
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:52 am

Wonderfull video by our member Yasuo!

My 6 tricks arrived yesterday - I hope to unpack and play with them this sunday :)

Hitomi told me the next +1 will be released around april next year - no idea yet of what the trick will be.

magicjeff

Post by magicjeff » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:44 pm

Hey Guys, So I got the last 3 today! I posted a video on the Facebook page, but here is a brief review!

Instant Portrait-This one is the best in my opinion out of the last 3! A little knacky but the method is great!

Dice Hopper- This one is cool, however it is more difficult and the box has to be level and the dice sometimes gets stuck.

Sword Reward-very cool, again a little Knacky, but as stated earlier, the gimmick is very wobbly, and it`s too bad they don`t provide a few washers along with the stars.

HerveM

Post by HerveM » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:48 am

Thanks for the feedbacks Jeff.

I'm waiting for receipt. I do not know how you do not open them as soon as you receive them :shock: ;)

magicjeff

Post by magicjeff » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:08 pm

HAHA, well I picked them up from my local shop, then drove home and then went out for dinner with the little Lady, opened and played with them when we got back :)

EvanS

Post by EvanS » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:48 pm

Yay!!
Today is Tenyo day in Seattle.

My package just arrived, containing all six, PLUS Psychic Rock, Paper, Scissors.

:D

Shan

Post by Shan » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:16 pm

Steve S. wrote:So here is my review of Tenyo’s 2019 Chocolate Break trick...

Method: Ingenious
Props: Well designed and great looking
Quality: Great for the candy bars but not so much for the two wrappers
Effect: Fantastic and capable of performing a variety of things

This was the new Tenyo release for 2019 I was most excited about and no disappointment with this one! The method is terrific and easy to do with a bit of practice. More than one effect can be accomplished with the props which is a plus.

The actual performances look just like the demos so no surprises there. In essence, what you see is what you do!

The one thing I am not thrilled about would be the wrappers included for each bar. Eventually, they will wear out and you will be using the props without them. The size of the bars are not standard so are not easily replaceable.

So...I contacted Kent from 3D Magic Works and asked him if he could design something to solve the wrapper problem and he replied right away (with the photos) of what he did with his set. Kent designed a set of two boxes complete with the wrapper labels laminated and framed on the lid of each box which can be used to store and perform/present the effect. How cool is that? Talk about solving problems and upgrading a great trick! Here are the photos of what he sent me of his 3D creations below. I asked if he would consider creating a set for me and long story short, I just sent him the two wrappers and can’t wait to get my set.

For me, it’s like turning a Chevy into a Rolls Royce!

Here...take a look!

Thank you Steve! I have managed to get a hold of Kent, he is willing to sell me a set of the chocolate break with his packaging!! It looks too pretty to pass!!

Steve S.

Post by Steve S. » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:42 pm

That’s fantastic Shan! Very happy to hear that. You won’t be disappointed and it’s my pleasure to help!!
It's a Tenyo day in the neighborhood!

PeterW

Post by PeterW » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:00 pm

I recieved Chocolate Break in today's mail, wow that's pretty inventive and I wasn't even close to guessing what it's secret was. I'm looking forward to playing with this one!

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:30 pm

Here are my thoughts on the three 2019 Tenyo items I received this Christmas:

Sword Reward: A very visual transposition effect. The instructions offered three effect - 1st: a transposition of a star ring and an oriental coin, 2nd: A chosen item (star ring or coin) penetrates onto the sword, 3rd: A chosen item (star ring or coin) penetrates off of the sword.

Though I knew how the effect was accomplished after viewing the demo, I really like this trick and find it fun to play around with.

I do agree with other comments that the oriental coins should have been included. Luckily, I had a stack of thin, brass oriental coins that were just the right size and worked perfectly with this trick.
I setup the trick very carefully and had no issues with anything being wobbly.

Dice Hopper: I love matrix effects and this one did not disappoint! I found the method to be very cleaver. I had a few ideas but would never have fully figured this one out without purchasing the trick.
This trick does require a little practice but in my opinion but if you invest the time, you will have a real fooler on your hands.

Chocolate Break: Again, another very cleaver method I would have never figured out. This is a fun trick to practice in front of a mirror because it looks so good! If you plan on performing this one a lot, I would recommend doing some good quality scans of the wrappers and print out a few extras.
The quality of the chocolate bars themselves appears to be pretty good and will hopefully withstand the test of multiple performances over time.

Overall, I really loved all three pretty equally. I haven't purchased Instant Portrait yet but most likely will before the end of the week.
(Though the cell phone trick does look good visually, cell phone tricks really don't interest me much)

The 2019 releases really had me excited because they were, in my opinion, reminiscent of the "old school" Tenyo. Once I had them in my hands, I was not disappointed! I believe Tenyo really delivered this year!
I hope 2020 proves to be just as good (if not better). :D

magicjeff

Post by magicjeff » Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:38 pm

So....onto the subject of tenyo 2020? :shock: :P :D 8-)

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:10 pm

Our hopes and dreams for Tenyo 2020 should probably be started under a new thread. :D

I would like to hear more comments from members who have purchased the Tenyo 2019 tricks.
I’m curious what people thought of Print Impress and Instant Portrate.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:04 am

I still must explore Print impress more. I can repeat that with Euro bills it works awkward. Dollar bills are the size of the apparatus and work best.

Instant portrait. First I put the stickers in a wrong way, how stupid of me, and was surprised it worked so bad.

After correcting this it really works perfect. It's a nice item. Only The Scream picture by Munch is difficult for the spectator to assemble :)

Would be nice to come up with an own idea. A puzzle with two outcomes, before and after the secret move...
Last edited by Rob Rand on Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:16 am

I’m going to put an order for SEOmagic soon for Instant Portrait, Sword Reward, and Dice Hopper (the “B” package).

Which I’m good with, Screen Clean doesn’t seem to be impressive, Print Impress seems hot or miss; Magical Chocolate seems worth it. But id get it seperately.
Where's my colon?!

HerveM

Post by HerveM » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:55 am

Brett H wrote:I’m going to put an order for SEOmagic soon for Instant Portrait, Sword Reward, and Dice Hopper (the “B” package).

Which I’m good with, Screen Clean doesn’t seem to be impressive, Print Impress seems hot or miss; Magical Chocolate seems worth it. But id get it seperately.
I think Screen Clean is expensive for what it is: a silk with a piece of black plastic to wrap the silk and a gimmick that can be made in 5 minutes with two left hands.
What does the Tenyo version bring? I think it's just the piece of black plastic tip...
I'm not sure it's very interesting

Shan

Post by Shan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:21 am

54CE3F27-D5EB-41D6-9984-6895918AEB5D.jpeg
4A8E6806-4C63-4829-9B32-ADB65383B23C.jpeg
Finally received my new chocolate surprise case made by 3 D magic works!! Very glad how it turned out big thanks to Kent who made this happen!!

Really love how the case cover is the original tenyo wrapper laminated:)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HerveM

Post by HerveM » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:49 am

Nice!

These are now luxury chocolates. You can propose to Tenyo to add them to Tenyo elite! ;)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:35 am

Very nice and durable Shan! Kent did a great job!