My Tenyo Story : LOVE YOUR OLD PROPS.

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
VictorS

My Tenyo Story : LOVE YOUR OLD PROPS.

Post by VictorS » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:01 am

Hi everyone. Just want to share an idea of my almost finish project. If you see pictures below, it probably looks very similar to the famous and expensive Tenyo Super Close Up Collection, but unfortunately, it is not :) This is the lot lot cheaper version. But that's not my point. They are actually unused kid's magic props, present from someone or old msgic stuff that I never used them anymore for years.

The idea came when I read Tenyoism about this great magic set and trying to find out how everything works by watching the demo videos. Very impressive routines indeed ! I can only recommend you. No wonder many of collectors here are aiming for this ultimate magic set.

Fortunately there were many good friends here who helped and inspired me. I am a lucky guy :) Cutting short my story, I was be able to collect all props for example a loose tiny cups and balls set from Fantasma magic set, a plastic magic wand which actually a pen and marker, an old Okito box which I found out has a unique lid which could be suitable become a Tokyo coin box, an unused mini Hoyle deck and at last my own flash dice.

The project begun by modifying all props for example, the cups and balls become chop cup version, putting a neo magnet to the bottom of the cup and reseal the bottom and spray painted in gold and black color. All pompom balls for the cups were stabbed with metal rod and they became chop cup balls. Paint the magic wand in gold by leaving the white tips. A selfmade case for the card trick and spray painted in gold. The Okito box is still an Okito at the moment and need some modification to become Tokyo box and last but not least, modifying a flash dice become a selfmade Highroller, a "wheelchair" for the Flashdice.

I am quite satisfied with the result although it is not comparible with the quality of original version but I am glad they are still playable. I still have some homeworks to make the gimmick cards, modifiying the coin box and other minor things. But for now, it is something that we can enjoy.

I hope this post may inspire all of us to love our old props and turn something old become something new. I don't really know if my destiny allow me to own the original set but I am still keeping my fingers crossed.

Have a good day everyone !

Vic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Re: My Tenyo Story : LOVE YOUR OLD PROPS.

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:06 pm

Haha, great to see Victor! So it’s actually almost all cardboard and plastic (also the cups?) gold sprayed! But the okito box is a real one!

Very nice package also! It really looks like the real thing! ;)

What I don’t know, which surprises myself as an okito box lover: what is a Tokyo box???

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:27 am

Haha...yes Rob, the entire set are mostly plastic and cardboard. The plastic cups and balls were taken from the Fantasma magic set. I observed that the size is quite similar to the original version. All I have to do is turning all cups become chop cups and thereafter spray painted in gold (and black for a variation)

The packaging was selfmade too our of cardboard. I found a very nice glitter and shiny color of cardboard and it is quite stable. Making the partitions were also fun but lots of work to do. Took me more than 1 day to finish it.

Tokyo box is actually Okito box. The difference is on the lid. The lid has a slot to store a coin. It is like slot coin box but not at the bottom but on the top. The cool thing about this, we can show the box empty (of course without showing the lid) and suddenly produce a coin. I recommend you to watch the Tenyoism product DVD Vol.1 :) All the routines in the close up magic set are very impressive.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:00 pm

Very Nice work Victor. That is so cool.

I don't have the original, very hard to find and if you did, very, very, expensive.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:27 am

Thanks John. You are absolutely right, this set is very expensive. But I heard that someone got it in an auction for 700 bucks which I think it was a great price. Hope you will find your`s someday. Keep the fingers crossed. My version should work like the original version, although not 100 % :) However this is the best I can do at the moment. The routines can be found in Tenyoism DVD vol. 1.