2024 Tenyo Line

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
KirkW

2024 Tenyo Line

Post by KirkW » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:35 pm

IMG_3340.jpeg
Tenyo 2024 New Release Information (Tentative Names) and brief Description:
**Information from Facebook Tenyo page**

2024 Tenyo Magic
---------------------
1) illusion Coin - 2500 yen (before Tax)
Effect: If you put a 500 yen coin into the transparent stand, and cover it with a cloth, the 500 yen coin will disappear in an instant!
Place the empty stand on a palm-sized miniature table and secure it with a rubber-band to prevent it from falling off. Cover the set up with a cloth and cast a spell. When you remove the cloth, the 500 yen coin appears.

2) Telepathy Book - 1800 yen (before Tax)
Effect: Give the animal picture book to the audience. Have the audience open any page and concentrate on the picture of the animals shown on the page without showing to anyone. The magician reads the audience's mind and guesses all the animals on the page.

3) Miracle Pass Case - 2400 yen (before Tax)
Effect: Put a blank sheet of paper in the pass case pocket. When you flip the case, blank paper turns into real bills in an instant. Commuter passes can be pulled out of empty pockets, bills can be turned into credit cards etc.

4) Magic Picture Card - 2400 yen (before Tax)
Effect: Have the audience say the name of a card from a deck completely by free choice. Take out a stack of white cards and show there is nothing printed on the back or front. If you place the rest of the cards on the table and move it, the famous Ukiyo-E print will appear vividly and the drawn image will correctly guess the name of the selected card.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

John B.
Charter Member

Re: 2024 Tenyo Line

Post by John B. » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:45 am

Thanks for the update!

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:11 pm

KirkW wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:35 pm

Effect: Put a blank sheet of paper in the pass case pocket. When you flip the case, blank paper turns into real bills in an instant. Commuter passes can be pulled out of empty pockets, bills can be turned into credit cards etc.
Could this be the Tenyo version of the Flick! Wallet?:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:27 pm

Roberto B. wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:11 pm
KirkW wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:35 pm

Could this be the Tenyo version of the Flick! Wallet?:

Yes the resemblance is really striking…

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:57 pm

Last years series was amazing, and Mr. Danger clearly stole the show. Being able to follow after that was not going to be an easy task.

Illusion coin - Tenyo does coin magic every now and again, so it's nice that we are going back to it as it seems like the last piece of coin magic we got was The Alchemist--if memory serves. This one reminds me a lot of the Magic Works tricks, The Hidden Sun and Missing Masterpiece. I know how both work and looking at Illusion Coin, there's no way you'd be able to do the gimmick for Masterpiece--it's really more of how "X to location" between both pieces that I'm getting that vibe.

Telephathy Book - Tenyo does a simplified book test? That's new. Anyone that likes mental magic would probably like this. I'm not terribly familiar with book tests, but the fact that you're guessing animals on a page seems like its similar, but made simpler.

Miracle Pass Case - Tenyo got Flick Wallet. That's neat. Last "wallet" trick Tenyo did was 1991 with Wild Wallet. I mean, took 32 years, but wallets are back!

Magic Picture Card - I'm not a fan of much of any "guess a card tricks". We can blame the mid-late 2010's for being oversaturated with that. Without seeing the demo, this seems like it's an Invisible Deck with the Ukiyo-E AND prediction reveal. If I'm right in this assumption, I think my kid is really going to like this one. For me, this is the lowest "want" on my list.

While I don't think anything in this series can even begin of think of holding a candle to Mr. Danger, I can appreciate that the variety of this year are concepts that Tenyo hasn't worked with for a very long time, or at all. This really feels like an "experimental" year, and for that, the results are going to be polarizing with the collector community. I think the only way to rate this series with all the fairness you can, is to not compare it to last years and rate the tricks on their own merit, as it seems like there's not much of any Tenyo you can bump the 2024 line against. The only thing we can rate is Miracle Pass Case and Flick Wallet side by side. Tenyo always puts a good spin on the World's Greatest line--and Tenyo's addition to Size Surprise was well done. So I'm curious what what Tenyo will do here and if it's outstanding (like Size Surprise), or "meh" (Magic Plunger). I don't think Tenyo has ever made a World's Greatest and it was worse than the original.

Illusion Coin feels like the most "Tenyo" of the lot, but probably the hardest performance piece to work with. The other three lend themselves more as practical performance pieces, with Miracle Pass Case being the strongest, most utilitarian of the lot. Telepathy Book seems interesting as I THINK there's no "reset" and Tenyo rarely features tricks that have an "instant reset" in the T-line--those sort of things usually get reserved for +1/redemption tricks. Mr. Danger can do it, but Telepathy Book is significantly less "proppy"
Where's my colon?!

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:47 pm

Brett, thank you for taking the time to shed your light on the new Tenyo 2024 line, it’s greatly appreciated!

Ok my thoughts are:

Concerning the Illusion Coin I have an assumption that it works with a special piece of Perspex that hides what’s behind, like Lubors Lens. It’s possible that this special piece of Perspex or plastic is on the back on the transparent stand, so by turning the stand around the coin has “vanished “.

The Telepathy book is a nice novelty for the Tenyo line and using pictures is for me a big pro for a book test.

Miracle pass change, yes it very resembles the Flick wallet, which I own and is pretty expensive. I could buy it way cheaper, but the official price is about 145 $.
So it’s nice that you can this effect much cheaper now! It is a very surprising effect visually speaking.

Indeed I also find The Magic picture card the least appealing, I don’t even know what the famous Ukiyo-E print is, but ok it’s an imagine that appears if you combine the separate initially ‘blank’ cards if I’m not mistaken. But maybe I will like it once I have it in person.

And for now, patience is needed until they arrive and we can decide if and which one we shall order…

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:49 pm

Rob Rand wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:47 pm
Brett, thank you for taking the time to shed your light on the new Tenyo 2024 line, it’s greatly appreciated!

Ok my thoughts are:

Concerning the Illusion Coin I have an assumption that it works with a special piece of Perspex that hides what’s behind, like Lubors Lens. It’s possible that this special piece of Perspex or plastic is on the back on the transparent stand, so by turning the stand around the coin has “vanished “.

The Telepathy book is a nice novelty for the Tenyo line and using pictures is for me a big pro for a book test.

Miracle pass change, yes it very resembles the Flick wallet, which I own and is pretty expensive. I could buy it way cheaper, but the official price is about 145 $.
So it’s nice that you can this effect much cheaper now! It is a very surprising effect visually speaking.

Indeed I also find The Magic picture card the least appealing, I don’t even know what the famous Ukiyo-E print is, but ok it’s an imagine that appears if you combine the separate initially ‘blank’ cards if I’m not mistaken. But maybe I will like it once I have it in person.

And for now, patience is needed until they arrive and we can decide if and which one we shall order…
Hey! thanks for reading!

After reading your assessment of Perspex, I am curious how one would go about turning the stand around so that the Perspex faces the audience member. At least, I can't figure out how to stealthily get the Perspex side facing the spectator, as I have the stealth quality of a brick.

I was thinking that the stand itself might be gimmicked. I'm thinking along the lines of Zone Infinity. I'm only thinking that because picture of the trick seems to be at an angle to obscure as much of the bottom without making it look terribly obvious that they were trying to cover it up--like you can see "enough" of the lower part, but enough to make it look unassuming.

As far as magic picture goes, it looks like a trick that has been done by Justin Flom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD4_tJ5SH7w

In this case, it looks neat--especially since you're revealing at certain points while making the picture that the bottom of the deck is blank.

My only concern about this trick is the card stock Tenyo uses. Card Artistry uses USPCC cards--and if it's what I'm thinking, they have much much better card finishes. Tenyo's card stock tends to stick on itself and not shuffle well--if Ghost Lamp and several of the +1's are of any measure. I'm not sure if Tenyo's card finish is something that will be a help or hinderance to the trick.
But Card Artistry is highly recommended to use a flat surface (preferably, a close-up pad) to do the "painting reveal". Not sure of this trick will have kind of thew same problems as Ultra Gravity Box. But if it has the same "painting" motion, flat clean surface required.

At this point, I'm mostly eyeballing the Telepathy book. Hopefully, it can be taken apart in a way that you can have all the pages individually laminated and you can put it back together.
Where's my colon?!

KirkW

Post by KirkW » Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:28 pm

For those that have Facebook accounts, here is a link to video performances of the 2024 lineup.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/4559915 ... tid=W9rl1R

Mystery Showcase looks awesome…old school Tenyo!!

ØyvindK

Post by ØyvindK » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:02 am

KirkW wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:28 pm
For those that have Facebook accounts, here is a link to video performances of the 2024 lineup.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/4559915 ... tid=W9rl1R

Mystery Showcase looks quite nice, I agree. I'm pretty sure I have it figured out (not to the exact implementation details, but close enough). Will probably fool most lay people, though.

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:33 am

KirkW wrote:

I also like but the white tube does not look particularly fitting

I also like the quick change wallet for a affordable price ⭐️

CollinW

Post by CollinW » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:38 pm

Olaf S wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:33 am
KirkW wrote:

I also like but the white tube does not look particularly fitting
The white tube might be a prototype. Based on the only photo online the tube could be yellow.
image001.png

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:10 am

3D printed prototype?:

ØyvindK

Post by ØyvindK » Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:25 am

Sure looks like it! Not at all surprising if Tenyo uses 3D printing as a prototyping tool.

CollinW

Post by CollinW » Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:48 pm

Roberto B. wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:10 am
3D printed prototype?:
Where did that photo come from?

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Sun Sep 10, 2023 8:02 pm

CollinW wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:48 pm
Roberto B. wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:10 am
3D printed prototype?:
Where did that photo come from?
Found it in a Twitter page from Japan.....cant recall now....was just doing a google search.

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:36 pm

Very interesting to see.
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

CollinW

Post by CollinW » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:18 pm

Hey presto! recently wrote about Mistery Showcase on his blog when he visited the Tenyo Magic Festival 2023.
20230926203330fc4.jpg
http://jpmagic.blog34.fc2.com

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:20 pm

Review and videos here.......Mystery Showcase is at min 19:00:

CollinW

Post by CollinW » Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:24 am

I can't wait to get it in my hands!

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:07 pm

This is a very clever alternative to the Flick! Wallet/Miracle Pass Case....easy to build at home:

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:30 pm

Roberto B. wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:07 pm
This is a very clever alternative to the Flick! Wallet/Miracle Pass Case....easy to build at home:

Ok, that's lot of work to make Roberto!

Hmmm, this reminds me very much of the No Choice Wallet by Mark Mason/Tony Miller, which I happen to have...

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:25 am

Roberto B. wrote:
Miracle Pass Case....easy to build at home:

A good video to buy a lot of other products ;)

Good inspiration for something of your own

Roberto B.
Charter Member

Post by Roberto B. » Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:57 am

Rob Rand wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:30 pm
Roberto B. wrote:

Ok, that's lot of work to make Roberto!

Hmmm, this reminds me very much of the No Choice Wallet by Mark Mason/Tony Miller, which I happen to have...
lol...OK I agree I will not do all this work at home!!! :lol:

Olaf S

Post by Olaf S » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:53 pm

Magical Picture Cards 2024 by Tenyo

Is there only the one reveal with the 4 of hearts in this trick ?

CollinW

Post by CollinW » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:52 pm

Olaf S wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:53 pm
Magical Picture Cards 2024 by Tenyo

Is there only the one reveal with the 4 of hearts in this trick ?
I've seen four reveals so far...4H, 5H, 10H, and 9D.
Screen Shot 2023-11-02 at 2.47.08 PM.jpg
5H.jpg
5-Img_6059.jpg
9D.jpg