Tenyo Unboxings.

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
gazpratley
Charter Member

Tenyo Unboxings.

Post by gazpratley » Tue May 27, 2014 5:40 am

Guys wouldn't it be awesome if we had some unboxing videos of tenyo to watch on youtube. there are lots of excited kids and adults unwrapping their latest video games consoles etc etc,i think it would be great to post some tenyo unboxing vids,these could be old classic tenyos being opened for the first time{if you dare lol} or even just some more recent tenyo tricks. we could start with the brown parcel and then unwrap it to reveal the surprise especially if some of us have some tenyo in that we haven't opened yet. it would be very nice to watch as we all like to see Tenyo! what do you all think?.

BobD
Charter Member

Re: Tenyo Unboxings.

Post by BobD » Tue May 27, 2014 11:14 am

I like your idea Gaz. It will be a vicarious experience for all of us. I regret I was not able to take a video when I opened the shrink wrapped Ninja Experiment Botond sent me.

gazpratley
Charter Member

Post by gazpratley » Tue May 27, 2014 11:27 am

that would have been nice!

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:49 am

I'm on board with it!

As long as I can find the camera and the charger.

My only issue would be the person finding the gimmick while the camera is rolling
Where's my colon?!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:25 am

I just unboxed this. I must be the only person who has ever opened this trick as I never new it came with a small red box for the dumpling.
t242b.jpg
For some reason I thought this would be two pieces with an inner shell but it is merely a hollow dumpling with a little pea. So actually opening this and seeing and feeling it did not elevate it from one of the worst Tenyo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:43 am

it looks like the mystic Ruby's breakfast, after he's spat it out. they really dialled it in on this one. I know it's much more popular in Japan where realistic window dressing food is a big deal, but come on. it's ones like this that make me peeved none of mine have been taken on.
"ok watch carefully, I'm going to turn your nice napkin into... a chewed up lump of crap with a pea on top... SURPRISE!!!"
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:59 am

And on top of that it is pretty expensive.

The package is really cool. A throwback to the old Vintage Blister on Card packages that we all love to collect.

Won't it be crazy when these are going for $100 ten years from now on ebay.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:53 am

There are already knock off available for this since this is very easy to reproduce. And they sell it for about 5 bucks / peace.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:04 pm

I believe China Surprise was produced with following traditional technology.Quite impressive huh...!! And that`s maybe what make the trick cost that much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y2Ej3AZ4c0

:D

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:41 pm

Wow what a production video! Pretty primitive, all handmade! :D

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:02 am

I completely forgot about this thread!

I just wrapped Bird Watcher Too today. I was too giddy to get the camera anyway.
Where's my colon?!

gazpratley
Charter Member

Post by gazpratley » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:29 am

aww shame lol

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:01 am

Look how popular unboxing Surprise Eggs are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2z_T-AULT4#t=175 - I mean, look at the number of views!!! I came across an article on a Belgian newssite that stated a lot of people are actually giving up their job to unpack these toys - they get millions of followers and earn money, especially litle kids seem love these video's.

So ... I'm going to unbox my Tenyo's this year too while I'm making a video, in stead of the 'normal' photo I take every year :P I'm gonna be rich, RICH I tells ya! :lol:

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:05 am

I'll bear that in mind David, next time I send you a trick I'll booby trap the box so you'll have a viral Internet hit on your hands :)
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:11 am

SimonC wrote:I'll bear that in mind David, next time I send you a trick I'll booby trap the box so you'll have a viral Internet hit on your hands :)
:lol: Okido Simon don't forget to do so!

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:55 am

David DeTenyo wrote:Look how popular unboxing Surprise Eggs are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2z_T-AULT4#t=175 - I mean, look at the number of views!!! I came across an article on a Belgian newssite that stated a lot of people are actually giving up their job to unpack these toys - they get millions of followers and earn money, especially litle kids seem love these video's.

So ... I'm going to unbox my Tenyo's this year too while I'm making a video, in stead of the 'normal' photo I take every year :P I'm gonna be rich, RICH I tells ya! :lol:
More than 10 millions of views and 1 thousand of likes and 1 thousand of dislikes too :lol:
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:27 am

There is another phenomenon at work here. It is called ASMR. You can see about it here and see videos of it here and here and here.

The idea is the person on the video whispers and also does a lot of things to stimulate the ears such as opening packages. A certain number of viewers get a stimulation from this (not sexual) that they say is very pleasant.

It is very weird, I do not do it but when I heard about it on the radio I spent a couple of hours looking into it.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:38 am

I have never heard of ASMR, but when I watched the videos from your links, I couldn't stop watching and suddenly I was 3 hours further :)

This is really a phenomenon, but very understandable that so many people like this, it is so relaxed and gives you such a comfortable feeling like in your early childhood...

The combination of unboxing and speaking with a soft voice would be great, but it must be a female voice.. Maybe it is something for Shan? :)

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:07 am

Aaah yes the good old whispering video's :) The girl in the first link also has an 'eating video' where she eats some Russian food. Very relaxing, and I pleed guilty since I know these kind of video's for some time and I've watched them before :P

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:31 am

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I had a great opportunity to open two Tenyos, the Credit Slasher and the Syncro Boxes. Thanks for David and Bob who made me possible to do it :)

It would be interesting to focus on old one (Credit Slasher) which is more challenging by opening the blister package but I would say the method I use was the same with the method I open my Credit Surprise as you can see here:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=85&p=5266&hilit=blister#p5265

Opening Syncro Boxes were easier because it was only the card box packaging and I used also the same method to open my 4D- Surprise.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=588&p=5048&hilit=behavior#p5094

Credit Slasher was one of my long expectation and I`m glad to have it. Looking for all detail clever mechanism, I am giving it 9 out 10. And for me Syncro Boxes has better principal which I underestimated before but practice for the smooth performance is required for this one. I am giving 8 out 10 for this.

Thanks so much again for David and BobD, you are great guys !!

Cheers,
Vic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gazpratley
Charter Member

Post by gazpratley » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:37 pm

that's how I opened my original c slasher to victor!.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:05 pm

gazpratley wrote:that's how I opened my original c slasher to victor!.
Niceee :)....I think this method could be a good way to open most of the blister package...but there are also package that are really challenging to open with very minimum cuts on the cardboard like Match Sticks, Mirror Mate, Geometrick, Ultra tube, etc. By the way, did you manage to open your Ultra Tube ? :)

gazpratley
Charter Member

Post by gazpratley » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:27 am

the ultra tube I got was loose,for sure I would have opened it if it had been in a package{carefully of course} !

gazpratley
Charter Member

Post by gazpratley » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:28 am

I recently bought thunderstaff from dynamite magic shop nl, im going to open that up soon!