First Information about the 2015 Tenyo Tricks

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: First Information about the 2015 Tenyo Tricks

Post by SimonC » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:34 am

Those cards would be perfect for the tenyo 2015 effect. That looks like a great trick too. There's an iPhone app called my pet Boris which allows you to perform a digital version of the end of that trick
Now you see me...

JayGhost80

Post by JayGhost80 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:06 am

Yes, I agree, the Tenyo butterfly made me think of the cardshark trick which I had seen a while back on their site. The cards would work nice in conjunction with the tenyo trick.

I have used the my pet Boris spider trick, but sparingly. Honestly, performing it made me feel bad afterwards since it is less magical and more of a prank and it really does scare the bejesus out of some people. I would feel very badly if I were the cause of somebodies first or last heart attack.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:13 am

I had the butterfly trick that was very similar to the web.
Come to think of it that trick should go well with the Tenyo butterfly.

Japanmagic has posted the advertising poster for the new tricks:

He also says that Great Escape a new version of Dice through Mirror by Kenichi Komiya.
Magic Alchemy is also by Kenichi Komiya and Magic Butterfly is by So sato

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:27 am

A fellow on the Cafe posted the best description of the 2015 tricks yet. I am not sure where he got the information. Maybe he used human translation which is a big difference from the electronic attempts. Big Difference!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view ... c=562438#9

He mentions that the Butterflies are made of transparent film which can then be take out of the box. The transparent film is a little disappointing. I would have liked more of a 3D butterfly than a 2D one.

I would love to make a Super version of the trick rigging up a butterfly from the Butterfly in a Jar that was sold by Tenyo.

According to a tranlated version of the Tenyo Timeline, there is an entry for Oct 2010 "Fly around like a real in a bottle "Butterfly." was released. Japan Toy Awards high target Division Excellence Award." I was not sure if this was a Tenyo invention of something they marketed but it looks like it may have been their item. Under December of 2011 they have this entry "High quality metal model with ultra fine laser cut "Metallic nano puzzle" was released. With Crossed by removing the parts from sheet metal, three-dimensional objects elaborate is completed. In about a year from release, distributing approximately 50 million units in the whole series." So is that 50 million Nano Puzzles distributed? If so that is amazing and a much more profitable endeavor than magic could ever be. But these are Google Translations so who really knows?

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:12 am

Here is my post about my first nano puzzle
http://funstuffonly.com/tenyoforum/view ... f=12&t=352
I absolutely loved it but it was over too soon!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:16 am

This was also in the translation of NashevilleN. on TMC. I quote:

"The magician takes the top card and places it on the bottom and continues this pattern until the spectator says "stop". After the spectator says 'stop' the magician shows the card they selected."

Now I sure hope this does not imply a force is used ... because to be honest, when I read that kind of discription something starts to smell fishy. But as I mentioned before I can really not imagine there's only one 'out' with this effect.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:19 am

that would be sooo crap! pick a colour. red? nope try again. blue? nope. yellow? wow look at this, I happen to have a yellow butterfly in this box, spooky eh? ;) please god no I'm really looking forward to this trick!
Now you see me...

jayadkins

Post by jayadkins » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:56 pm

Just been on the Ami Ami website, to get the 2015 Range its 6,000 JPN

Placed a order see how good they are. Hopefully it will come with Eng. instructions?

Will be ordering from Hitomi too

Ill keep you posted

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:12 pm

I saw that description for Magic Butterfly and politely ignored it.

I would also be upset if a force is used. It has to be more clever than that
Where's my colon?!

jayadkins

Post by jayadkins » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:36 pm

So here are my thoughts on the 2015 range (Which I will purchase)

Ultra escape - Sounds similar to Ali Bongos die through mirror, this is a great effect and hope Tenyo have added to the genius method
Magic Butterfly - This sounds a lot like pop up card from a few years back once again a great sounding effect
Magic Alchemy - Am I thinking its a bit like squeeze play possibly with a magnetic gimmicked top piece which holds the coin ?

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:25 am

I heard that U2 are playing at the launch if the 2015 range in japan. Oh and one more thing.. each trick this year will include an autographed photo of Bono. Whether you want it or not.
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:58 pm

The more we talk about Magic Butterfly, the less interested I am in it. I mean, it's really sounding like a card force method. And I know that when it comes to making magic tricks, Tenyo doesn't take the Occam's Razor method when doing so. I'm hoping for some genius method (especially when the description has it saying that you stick the pin through the card. People are going to get real iffy when they see the yellow card is the only one with a pin hole!), but I'm getting really disheartened by the whole thing. I didn't think a card force was something a layman COULD learn in a few minutes and show their friends.

I am, however, completely onboard with Magical Security. A moderator from Ellusionist and I are working on a childrens hospital show and I think Security fits part of the bill. Plus, it's small and plays from the pocket (the only trick in the 2015 line to do so). and I LOVE small compact tricks.

Getting Magical Security first is also out of respect for Lubor. Even though I was only a fan of a few of his tricks, those few tricks I like are some of my favorite Tenyo and some of Tenyo's strongest tricks.
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:50 pm

I'm with you not be lubor thing, and I'm also hoping that magical security will be something I can keep in my wallet, I also like tricks that pack small. ideally if be able to keep my lubors lens safe in my security of magic in my wallet. double lubor!
Now you see me...

jayadkins

Post by jayadkins » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:11 am

Just received the Frozen magic book from Tenyo via ami ami

fantastic service

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:19 am

There is info and pictures about Magic Butterfly and Security of Magic on Tenyo's Facebook page. These pictures look like artwork for the box.
1558554_625743960877468_6715950785963098577_n.jpg
10615642_623104884474709_8865445035664007139_n.jpg
On the sister website is a links page that has some of the more useful Tenyo locations on the web including Tenyo's Facebook page.

Also included is a Google translated link to JPMagic's wonderful blog. He is the fellow who does all of the creative videos we all love and enjoy. He has information about the upcoming Tenyo Magic Festival (9/22/2014) when the 2015 will officially be release on a limited basis in Japan and we will start seeing videos of the tricks. In October the tricks will be released across Japan and those that bought in Japan (ami ami) will receive theirs and Magico-Japan will have them for sale on Ebay. In early December we should be able to buy the version with the printed English instructions attached to the back of the trick in the US.

JPMagic also has an "Obituary" on Lubor Fiedler including a cool illustration he did of Lubor with Lubor's Gift.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:02 am

And don't forget Magic Japan usually has a couple of sets available shortly after the Tenyo Festival. You should be able to get one of thosr first sets very soon if you don't mind overpaying for them. ;)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:46 am

ahh so looks like the black butterfly box we saw was a prototype, as this one has a clear window and looks much shallower. unless this box sits in the black box? it looks very nice, I'm already wondering wether I could remake my own one in wood. or wood effect vinyl like I did with my infinitum
Now you see me...

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:59 am

As predicted, Magico has got the first set up on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wow-How-did-you ... 1428946583

One interesting thing of note is that on the back of the boxes it says you can download the English instructions!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:12 am

Elliot W. wrote:As predicted, Magico has got the first set up on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wow-How-did-you ... 1428946583

One interesting thing of note is that on the back of the boxes it says you can download the English instructions!
All 4 items still look interesting for me especially the butterfly trick.
Nice....they start to cut the cost for English instruction and make it paperless. But I believe if you put something downloadable, it will spread all over the world rapidly. I still love to store the instruction as hard copy.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:51 am

It seems the butterfly trick has more then one 'outcome'. I have now seen a blue and a yellow butterfly in the box. Seems to be a good year for Tenyo, but then again I've said that every year for the last few years, and some tricks were a bit of a let down. We'll see :)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:19 pm

when will they be available to plebs like me do you think? I'm getting twitchy
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:52 pm

SimonC wrote:when will they be available to plebs like me do you think? I'm getting twitchy
According to Ebay: right now :p
Where's my colon?!

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:29 pm

They come out at the end of October in Japan and in December for the rest of the world.
So far the butterfly and the Magical Security are the ones that look most interesting to me.
Should be some performance videos coming up in the next day or so. Then we'll have a better idea.
In the meantime enjoy this commercial. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmv-zUUNXkw

By the way did you notice that this is the first time since 2003 that there is not a "World's Greatest Magic" trick?

Shan

Post by Shan » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:53 pm

wow looks great!!! im happy now that you can actually pick other butterflies:)
wish im still in japan to buy them home...

Thanks elliot for the video, it looks awesome! I like how you can see the dice melt slowly through!!!

JayGhost80

Post by JayGhost80 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:15 pm

Shan, from what I understand now, the boxes can be used for doing just a color change or even changing one coin into another. That sounds promising, this info comes from comments on http://tenyo-magic.blogspot.fr/ so you know I'm not just pulling it out of my butt. Jay