First Information about the 2015 Tenyo Tricks

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
Roberto B.
Charter Member

Re: First Information about the 2015 Tenyo Tricks

Post by Roberto B. » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:34 pm

Love the round photos for the Ideas Gallery and the Magic Butterfly/Ballerina Hank routine.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:03 am

Roberto B. wrote:Love the round photos for the Ideas Gallery and the Magic Butterfly/Ballerina Hank routine.
That idea was ignited by Fred mentioning to use a silk rather than the black box to cover the move which will work because the box just covers the move and does not do it. Think of Burglar Ball.

It is a bit awkward handling the Ballerina Hank to cover the box, but with some practice it can be worked out.

For sure Ballerina Hank is really good and with this combination even better.

You can patter about the butterfly being pinned, dead and dried out and then wal la it comes to life.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:13 pm

I have an idea that might work:

Does the Security Lock sleeve fit inside Card Case.

It looks like the SL sleeve is 4"x3.5" on Planet Tenyo. I just can't get a good estimate on how big card case is.
I have a cheapie card case at home, it looks like the Tenyo Card Cases are bigger.

If not, would doing his work in Wild Wallet? I'm assuming that it has the same gimmick as Card Case?
Last edited by Brett H on Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Where's my colon?!

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:01 am

Awesome work John! I am looking forward to this years tricks more than any other year. Very intrigued by the butterfly and Lubor's effect.

I have an original version of Ali Bongo's Thru the Looking Glass when this was produced by Tannen's back in the 1980s. I am looking forward to seeing Tenyo's improvements to this one, particularly that it is now examinable. The cloth was a very smart improvement.

David (Felderswynne)

Post by David (Felderswynne) » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:26 pm

The Butterfly effect looks especially to be a winner.
"The mystery becomes greater as the box becomes smaller"

Brett H

Re: 2015

Post by Brett H » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:04 pm

David (Felderswynne) wrote:The Butterfly effect looks especially to be a winner.
I completely agree. I wrote it off when it was revealed that a card force was involved. But I think that because you could augment whatever you wanted in the box--making it a visual disappear/reappear box; I have to get my hands on one.

There isn't a single 'miss' in the entire 2015 line. I'm going to end up getting all 4 tricks and using them.

You know, when I can Ebay enough things of mine out of the house.[indent][/indent]
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: 2015

Post by SimonC » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:34 pm

I want them all, it a great year for Tenyo, and well needed ;)
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:47 am

As of yesterday, the English instructions are available online in PDF form.

Once you get your tricks looks for a Product ID and Password in the Japanese instructions and go to:

http://www.tenyo.co.jp/magic_en/instructions/

There will be a separate Product ID and Password for each trick.

The passwords are so complicated (upper case, lower case numerals) that they would make a security administrator smile.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:09 am

JohnM wrote:As of yesterday, the English instructions are available online in PDF form.

Once you get your tricks looks for a Product ID and Password in the Japanese instructions and go to:

http://www.tenyo.co.jp/magic_en/instructions/

There will be a separate Product ID and Password for each trick.

The passwords are so complicated (upper case, lower case numerals) that they would make a security administrator smile.
Nice...thanks for sharing it John. Did we need to reenter the password to open the PDF or it is just for download purpose only ? And did Tenyo allow us to print the instruction out as hardcopy ? There is also PDF security which could disable the print function. Thanks.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:22 am

Even if it was, you could still CTRL+ALT+PRINT SCREEN the instructions
Where's my colon?!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:07 am

You enter the Product ID and Password once and then download the PDF which you can print.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:22 am

Great...thanks John.

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:31 pm

Had this email today from SEO
Dear SEO MAGIC Newsletter Members,

For our customers pre-ordered 2015 TENYO items!

Good news that box of full 2015 TENYO items are on our way little early! It's arriving here in 2 days.

We're going to pack your packages to ship your TENYO items in order that we receive starting Monday! Yay! :D
I ordered a set from SEO and from AMIAMI just to be sure :D

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:08 pm

Great Pete! So halfway November you probably will receive them! :)
I, however, will stay patient and wait till they arrive in Holland...in the magic Dutch shops.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:12 pm

Did your AmiAmi order get shipped also? They said they shipped my order on Wednesday but unfortunately I went with the cheap shipping which means it's going to take a couple of weeks to get here.
Having second thoughts about that though as if would have went with EMS it would have been here tomorrow.
Trying to be patient ...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:28 am

Mine should arrive next wednesday :)

Pete1805

Post by Pete1805 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:28 am

i have not yet heard from ami ami yet

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:39 pm

Maybe check your spam box?
They definitely got them in so you may want to check with them.

Shan

Post by Shan » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:15 pm

I preordered from ami aim too but have not heard from them yet

JayGhost80

Post by JayGhost80 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:02 am

I received the Tenyo 2015 line from ami ami today.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:35 am

enjoy jay, you have a marvellous day ahead of you :)
Now you see me...

JayGhost80

Post by JayGhost80 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:10 am

Thanks Simon. I will briefly state my initial impressions. The Butterfly is definitely the trick that plays the best. I used a hank instead of the black box. Uncovered the specimen box and showed it empty. Placed box under hank again and placed it on spectators hand. Then did the cards bit to determine color, after color determined. Do magic butterfly catching jesture then Ask spectator if they felt anything? They say no. Then you say remove hank and boom they are staring at their chosen color butterfly. Amazement.

The dice through effect is solid, and works pretty much exactly how all of these type effects work but the locking ability and white cloth are nice touches. The die doesn't fall as far backward as the dice thru mirror I own which makes it better in that sense. The frame looks and feels really cheap though and the spectator can see the die is tilting at an angle as it "melts through" the metal sheet which kind of gives away the method. think I prefer the dice thru mirrors little hatch.

They missed the boat on the alchemist trick. The way they handled the slug/coin part makes no sense and seams like they really didn't put much thought into it. You have to be able to hand that coin out and you can't do that as designed. I'm sure some clever people out there, with slight of hand will figure something out but there could have been a simple solution built into the trick so no real extra slight of hand would have been needed, considering tenyo are supposed to be designed so anybody can perform them. Disappointing.

Magic security, well, the idea is kinda clever but it's a shame if this turns out to be Luber's last Tenyo because it's not that good. The spectators aren't going to give a poop about it. It's one of those tricks that feels more like a prank or challenge then being magical and if they take it and spend two seconds looking at it will figure it out.

What I look forward to is everybody in the communities add ons, modifications and alternative handling suggestions.

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:30 am

Thanks for your honest reviews Jay, much appreciated :) Your post lowered my expectations drastically and that's a good thing I think.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:48 am

I can't wait to get my hands on these, thanks for the insight jay :)
I'm back at work tomorrow so hopefully ill be able to put up the graphics for the antique cards and box
Now you see me...

JayGhost80

Post by JayGhost80 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:49 am

NP. I tend to be a straight shooter and sometimes just brutally honest but don't let it discourage you too much as they were just my initial impressions. Picking on the negatives is far more constructive I feel than just gushing over things as well. The methods aren't that exciting to me but the affect these tricks could have on lay people is a totally different story of course. I only performed them for myself and one other person.

That person had already seen me perform a dice through mirror before so that didn't excite her too much. She had seen the method already to the dice through mirror trick as well but she did not detect the move that locks this Tenyo version and when I let her examine it she was not able to figure out how to unlock it, so that's a bonus.

The magical security, she just kinda was like eh..whatever.. I could see a particular kind of male spectator just twisting and trying to tear that thing apart as well :-)

The alchemist probably had the second best effect on her next to the butterfly. She was able to guess part of the method though. This trick although completely and ridiculously improbable will have a impact on the spectator. The big problem, like I said before though is, you can't just turn the blank into the coin then hand it to the spectator and that really diminishes the power of the trick.

The butterfly is the best. You can use a blue or yellow with the provided directions but if you layer the blue and yellow to make green you can easily make the cards work to force green or just come up with a whole different way to force the color all together. You have to decide on the color and load it into the box before hand though, so you won't be able to do the trick back to back and have a different color outcome. In my opinion I would have paid a bit more for this one to be able to force any of the four colors. so, four butterfly's and two sets of cards instead of one so you could force any of the four.
Of course Simon will take care of this for us I'm sure :-) The box of course can be used for color changes and coin changes or vanishes as well. If you have the right kind of coin of course.

Any trick in the right hands can be amazing of course so enjoy.