First Information about the 2015 Tenyo Tricks

Here you can talk about Tenyo subjects other than Performing and Collecting.
Elliot W.
Charter Member

Re: Tenyo Magic Festival

Post by Elliot W. » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:21 pm

If you like to order from Japan, the new 2015 tricks are available for pre-order here.
No pictures yet but it does mean we are getting closer...

JohnM
Site Admin

First Information about the 2015 Tenyo Tricks

Post by JohnM » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:03 am

Thanks to great detective work by Elliot W. we get the first information about the 2015 Tenyo.

It looks like there will be 5 tricks.

The Japanese prices are even lower than last year so a full set should be very reasonable.

The Japanes names and prices of the 5 tricks are:

The Great Escape!
1,350 yen

Alchemy of magic
1,200 yen

Magic butterfly
1,200 yen

Security of magic
1,050 yen

Super coin magic Fujiiakira teach
1,200 yen

I am not sure if the last trick is actually part of this years tricks but it looks like it is being released at the same time.

JohnM
Site Admin

Re: First Information about the 2015 Tenyo Tricks

Post by JohnM » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:26 am

The prices for a set of Tenyo should be great this year due to possible lower retail prices and a weaker Japanese Yen.

2014 TENYO TRICK PRICE FROM TENYO WEBSITE
1,200 Money Shock
1,800 Ghost Card
1,600 Magical MRI
1,400 4D Printer
=====
6,000 Yen

2015 TENYO TRICK PRE-ORDER PRICE FROM JAPANESE WEBSITE
1,350 The Great Escape
1,200 Alchemy of Magic
1,200 Magic Butterfly
1,050 Security of Magic
=====
4,800 Yen

The 2015 prices are 20% lower than last years prices from the official Tenyo website however I am not sure if the pre-order prices from the website Elliot found are discounted or not.

Also the dollar and probably the Euro and GBP are much stronger against the Yen which will also help.
yen-vs-dollar.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:29 am

Wow...if this will be true, this will be great John. But...I`m still curious what will we get for that price, hopefully something great.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:38 am

I love this bit :) it's always exciting getting the first few bit of info through, then we can all start theorising about what they are and how they work. I remember thnking MRI used a smart material that went clear on one side when a current was passed through it. I must've been drunk
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:12 am

vsuperanto wrote:Wow...if this will be true, this will be great John. But...I`m still curious what will we get for that price, hopefully something great.
It looks like the prices on the website Elliot found are special pre-order prices which are lower than retail. So this years prices are more in line with last year and will not be lower. Also my thinking on the 5th trick was correct in that it will not be a T-numbered trick.

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:42 am

SimonC wrote:I love this bit :) it's always exciting getting the first few bit of info through, then we can all start theorising about what they are and how they work. I remember thnking MRI used a smart material that went clear on one side when a current was passed through it. I must've been drunk
Yes I love that too. Sometimes idea and tricks are submitted by magicians, maybe these were submitted by some of our members.

The Great Escape — Submitted by Rob Rand
The premise is that Rob chases the pretty girls around the office and they do a cleaver routine to escape from his grasp and puckered lips.

Alchemy of Magic — Submitted by David De Tenyo
The premise is that an experiment in chemistry class goes awry and David magically turns some chemicals into gold.

Magic Butterfly — Submitted by Jamie C.
The premise is that Jamie quickly butterflies 1 dozen jumbo shrimp on his hibachi table but magically they heal themselves and walk off the table.

Security of Magic — Submitted by Elliot W.
The premise is that Richard W. uses one of his custom locks to secure the secrets of the 2015 line of Tenyo but Elliot comes in and is able to break the code for the lock and release the information about the tricks.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:55 am

it won't be long before one of us gets our name on the box :) I hope we get a good crop this year with not too much cardboard.
speaking if magical butterflies, anyone with a smartphone can get the app 'my pet boris'. you need to find your own butterfly,spider and or cockroach but it's a great twist in an old effect and using the phone make the only move you have to do very natural. the app is about 3quid and you an pick up the bugs from any toy shop. great fun :)

here's the scary version
http://youtu.be/6HMml7oJBC4

and the nicer one
http://youtu.be/HF4vN-qsRMg
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:14 am

I really like these screaming girls... Although this is not a trick for me. It would ruin my imago.
The butterfly is nice though.

Thank you John for remembering me and all these young pretty women on my work who adored me. That's also the only thing I heartily miss...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:26 am

Thanks a lot Elliot! I must say these tricks look very promising at first glance - quite different from the usual toy-like tricks.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:59 am

They have now put up (really small) pictures!
Great escape
Magic Butterfly
Alchemy of magic
Security of Magic
Super coin Magic

I also notice that they have an English language site amiami.com and they ship internationally. Very tempted to preorder at these prices. Should come out to about $55 including the cheap shipping for the 4 main tricks.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:35 am

Wow...thanks a lot for sharing this Elliot. You are a great Tenyo Spy :)

The great escape and magic butterfly look really interesting for me. Alchemy of Magic...no idea.The security of magic came definitely from Lubor Fiedler which will be a cool effect.
Check this out on minute 6:30:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0J-I0K2dVA
Can someone translate the super coin cover ? Thanks ;)

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:40 am

Nice catch. that does indeed look like the Lubor effect. I had watched that video a while ago and completely forgot it. So I guess we now have a video for one of the effects.

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:20 pm

Definitely getting magic butterfly for myself and my daughter. Not a fan of Security of Magic. I'd have to see the others played out
Where's my colon?!

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:44 pm

vsuperanto wrote:Wow...thanks a lot for sharing this Elliot. You are a great Tenyo Spy :)
I think Elliot is one of the best Tenyo researchers out there and one of the foremost experts on Tenyo. I love when he schools RK on the Cafe. We are lucky to have him here. :D

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:51 pm

I agree john, just don't go up against him in a tenyo contest ;)
Now you see me...

JohnM
Site Admin

Post by JohnM » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:02 pm

SimonC wrote:I agree john, just don't go up against him in a tenyo contest ;)
That's right he wins all the contests. You have got to be in it to win it and we can always count on Elliot to participate which is great because the contests take a lot of work to develop and run.

Thanks to Simon for developing and running many contests and providing great prizes. We would have more but participation has always been weak. Maybe our new members would be more interested.

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:34 am

Thanks for the compliments guys, bur really i just enjoy Tenyo and try to provide some input whenever I can.
I have to say i really learn a lot from all you crazy creative geniuses that hang out here.

Anyway, Amazon Japan has the products up and they provide descriptions. I will post a translation as best as I could but hopefully someone here can provide a better translation.

Great escape:
From what I understand it looks like a dice slowly melts through a metal plate. Sounds a lot like die through mirror to me.

Security of Magic:
It is indeed by Lubor Feidler.

Magic Butterfly:
Sounds like an empty box is closed. The spectator picks a card. When the box is opened a butterfly pin of the chosen color is stuck into the bottom of the box. It uses a novel gimmick. :)

Alchemy of Magic:
This one was a little hard to understand. Sounds like a metal ball is smooshed by a metal plate and becomes a flat disk. That disk is then rubbed by the plate and becomes a 500 yen coin.

Super coin Magic:
Comes with a jumbo metal coin and a DVD. Don't think the DVD will be in English. :)

Don't know how accurate my translations were but hopefully some here can provide a better one.

Mike H

Post by Mike H » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:57 am

As someone new to collecting Tenyo this is my first year of getting to see the new tricks roll out. I'm really excited for these, they look like a great collection!

I enjoyed reading all the speculation in the "New For 20XX!" posts on the cafe from years past, and found all the mis-information about both pricing and the tricks themselves funny (not at all saying that's the case this time though, Elliot has done some great sleuthing! It's just funny to read how people thought the tricks worked or heard them complaining about the prices).

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:10 am

Good work Elliot!
Alchemy of magic sounds brilliant! The butterfly one sounds cool too, my Houdin's cards which I submitted to them had some similar elements I guess that's why that one was a no.
Sounds like a good crop.
That lubors video I can watch over and over, really cool. Security if magic looks a little like clear surprise in that I imagine it would be very easy to make your own (mind if like 4D oriented last year.) but I'm sure there'll be some tenyo magic sprinkled over it.
It's getting exciting now :D
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:34 am

Thanks Elliot!

Alchemy O.M. reminds me of Squeeze play ... but I could be totally wrong :)

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:26 am

JohnM wrote: have more but participation has always been weak. Maybe our new members would be more interested.
Sign me up!
Where's my colon?!

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:51 am

If you want to try the old 'where's tenyo?" Comps for fun they're in the games/funstuff section
Now you see me...

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:10 am

I am feeling excited to get these items on my hand especially the Magic Butterfly it looks great and performable, will work well at the restaurant i guess.

Thanks a lot Elliot :D
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

John B.
Charter Member

Post by John B. » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:41 am

David DeTenyo wrote:Thanks Elliot!

Alchemy O.M. reminds me of Squeeze play ... but I could be totally wrong :)
That's exactly what I thought as well!

These all look very interesting to me!