Magic in TV Shows

Post in this area pictures of Tenyo or your collection, links to Tenyo videos, creative Tenyo pictures you have created and other such things.
JohnM
Site Admin

Magic in TV Shows

Post by JohnM » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:11 pm

I was just watching the old classic TV show Mr. Ed on my new favorite cable channel Antenna TV.

It was a magic episode with appearance by Harry Blackstone and other magicians of the time. Dick Zimmerman does a great trick, The Ring on the Rope.

The name of the Episode is "Ed the Shish Kebab" and the magic starts at around the 15 minute mark.

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Re: Magic in TV Shows

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:05 pm

Wonderful! My family and I loved Mister Ed very much when I was a child, on first commercial TV in Holland... TV Noordzee, in 1964, an illegal broadcasting company, later changed into TROS, which still exists.
Don't remember this episode anymore, well I was 11 years old then... what an amazing tricks were performed! The rope trick is terrific indeed!

Richard W
Global Moderator

Post by Richard W » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:44 pm

Mr Ed's "Wilbur" had several magic related episodes I remember.
I once had to look up who did Mr Ed's voice to see a face with this voice.
I never missed and episode of Mr Ed with their Studebaker Lark Commercials. :)

Here is who did the voice and some background on him you might find interesting.

Allan Rocky Lane
Allan Rocky Lane.jpg
Allan Rocky Lane 03.jpg
Allan Rocky Lane 04.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allan_Lane

http://www.briansdriveintheater.com/allanrockylane.html

Richard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"let's continue on with this carnival-like atmosphere"

Bob a.k.a. 444rr

Post by Bob a.k.a. 444rr » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:21 pm

I think my favorite TV show that had a magic theme was the Brady Bunch episode "light's out" in which Cindy becomes afraid of the dark when she sees a magician's "disappearing lady" act at a friend's party. Peter tries to help Cindy get over the fear by asking her to be his assistant for his own magic show, where the highlight is the "disappearing lady" trick.

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:03 am

A magic scene form Big Bang Theory. (The thing with the kid googleing the solution of the trick with the phone actually happened to me as well):
Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:13 am

Ahh Bernadette.. :)
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:04 pm

One of my favourite TV series is Poirot, where Hercules Poirot is played by David Suchet. There's one episode, called "The Disappearance of Mr. Davenheim" where Poirot is learning and performing some great magic tricks.

At the beginning of this clip he shows a card trick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLturNnXPsI .

As I once mentioned somewhere before you can see Tenyo's See Through Guillotine performed in Stephen King's The Tommyknockers, but unfortunately the director's cut of this movie is no longer available on youtube. It is a scene where a boy is performing magic tricks in class, and the first trick is the See Through Guillotine.