My Collection!!!!!!

Post in this area pictures of Tenyo or your collection, links to Tenyo videos, creative Tenyo pictures you have created and other such things.
Shan

My Collection!!!!!!

Post by Shan » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:51 am

My BIG projects these days!!!!! I'm so excited to show all of you!!!
I ordered these big cases they come in 6 and includes cubic foam inserts easy to cut out. (Credit goes to Simsocor, he gave me info about these cases, and I bugged simon here because I thought they were the same person lol)

So after the cases arrived, I took all my tenyos downstairs and started to assemble them, my ideal arrangement would be one case full of tenyo that I always perform, so I started to take those out and cut the foams out into their shape. It's not easy, I have to say I did an ugly job sometimes, not all lines are straight but I tried my best:)
image.jpg

My concept is a bit different than Simsocors if you guys have taken a look at his, he likes to spread out all his tenyo to show, but I like to save space, so items that belong together I tend to just put it on top of each other, like how I put the cube and circle on the of the geometric instead of cutting out another room for them.

It took me a week to cut out all these and fit them into the case like I wanted them too. But unfortunately these 6 cases are just right for my tenyo as of today. But I am expecting some more in the mail plus the 2015 ones so.... I might have to order another shipment which will be a pain because it comes in 6, and they aren't cheap!!!@@"
image.jpg
image.jpg

After finishing this project I realize I am left will empty boxes.. The English version ones I don't care because they have no design just a transparent case, but the japanese ones on the other hand... Looked just so pretty so I decided to cut all of the front sides out.. Maybe someday I will have use for those:)
image.jpg
And lastly, I put on Simons tenyo tag on my most performed case!!! Look how perrrrrrtttttyyyy it is!!!!
Hope you guys enjoy my proud collection!
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Re: My Collection!!!!!!

Post by SimonC » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:48 am

bravo Shan! that's a real labour of love, and well worth the effort :) it's great seeing that big table of Tenyo too, how cool! now you have to think of something cool to do with those box fronts. you could buy some Clicky frames, they're about 80p each for an A5 one, put them all up in your spare room. glad the tag worked out too, if you ever want others just give me a shout, I can always make them different colours ;)
enjoy a nice Sunday admiring all your hard work :)
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:21 am

Shan, this is absolutely the most space-saving way to store your Tenyos, and yet being able to display them!
Ha, I initially thought too that Simcosor and SimonC were the same persons! :) But the first one lives I France I believe, he is a bit the creative man on The Magic Cafe about Tenyo and Magic Wagon.

Really nice pics, and I can imagine it was a tough job to cut it all out more or less precisely!

And the Tenyo tag of Simon finishes it!

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:27 am

Congratulations Shan ! I remember at 1 thread you asked us about storing problem and you end up with this solution. Wow...what a great work especially for as a lady collector. You will look like Ms. Bond 008 with all the secret weapons ;) I really surprise to see the 1st pic that you had full Tenyos on your table but at the end it fits in all 6 suitcases. It looks quite magical for me :) The cardboard boxes could be actually packed flat if you open all the flaps, you can still reuse it and it has it`s own value if you resell it. But well it was your decision and I believe you will not sell your collection right ? ;) and YES...Simon`s Tenyo Tag made it looks perfect.

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:21 pm

Nice to see skill babe amongst the Tenyo's :)
Now you see me...

Mike H

Post by Mike H » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:20 pm

Wow! Nice job, Shan! Those cases are slick, and having different ones with different sets of tricks is an awesome idea (as opposed to my one case that I have to swap stuff out before taking it anywhere)

Shan

Post by Shan » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:06 pm

THANKS everyone for the kind words!!!
Victor, yes I am not planning to sell it, if i get any duplicates I will not take it out of the original case in the future...maybe one day I might sell them, but if I do, they will take the case as well;)
and Mike, its actually a hassle if I want to perform say from case 4 and 5 other than my case 1 tricks, I would have to take them out and have nothing to put them into, because they are all custom cut for each individual tricks...

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:59 pm

Hi Shan,

I`m thinking to add some description inside the suitcase for all of the props. Although I believe you remember all the name of the props, I think it would be cool to identify them. The format is like (T-No. Name of Prop - Name of inventor - Year of product release) Well it will take a lot of works but I believe all information was already available on the internet. Below is a quick example on it. Well it`s just an idea :)

Vic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shan

Post by Shan » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:06 am

That is actually a very good idea, but unfortunately the interior does not have enough room between each tricks for me to fit those...but I did want the trick names written on the exterior so i know which trick belong to which case since all case looks identical.
dont know how to make it look nice though

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:37 am

Shan wrote:That is actually a very good idea, but unfortunately the interior does not have enough room between each tricks for me to fit those...but I did want the trick names written on the exterior so i know which trick belong to which case since all case looks identical.
dont know how to make it look nice though
Hi Shan,
Since you have arranged every props and the placement of the props were already fix, I have several alternatives to fulfill your request.

1. If you take pictures / photos of the content of the suitcase at top view, edit the picture according to the suitcase size, print it on nice paper in color according to the size, laminate it(if you want to) and paste it in front of the box, you will recognize easily what will be the content of the box. It looks like having the suitcase with transparent cover (in the fact it is not) :) See my 1st quick drawing. You can recognize the content easily by looking at the cover in front of the suitcase. So this is very visual search.

2.If you want all of your suitcases look clean, you need to tag all suitcases and identify each suitcase with number (1 until 6) because you have 6 suitcases I assumed. You can prepare an excel sheet sorted ascending (0,1,2,3..9....a,b,c...z) with the name of the prop in order to have an easy quick search based on the name and link all props according to the suitcase number. After finalizing the list you can print it out nicely and this will be a guideline for you. But for this you need to recognize all prop name or if it could make easier to search, you can add picture of the prop in the excel sheet. But if new props or suitcase come, you need to update the list. See my 2nd pic.

I`m still searching another best alternative for this and maybe another team member would have better solution for this. Well let`s see. Hope this helps and good luck ;)

Vic

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:52 am

Just pop up in my mind for the electronic solution : cheapest and quickest.
Tag all suitcase with number as alternative no. 2 above. Take the pics all content from top view with the tag no. showing up too using your mobile / smart phone. Have all the pics in 1 directory and now you can know everything :)

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:56 am

Rob Rand wrote: Ha, I initially thought too that Simcosor and SimonC were the same persons! :) But the first one lives I France I believe, he is a bit the creative man on The Magic Cafe about Tenyo and Magic Wagon.
Simcosor or Simon Corneille lives in Québec, Canada, which explains why French is his mother tongue.

And great work Shan, I love it! However you ruined your packages which just brakes my heart :(

Shan

Post by Shan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:39 am

Thanks Victor, these will definitely be on top of my list, it would be cool to show all the info on it, so maybe my parents will finally think they are "toys" lol

and David, yes Simsocor told me he lives in montreal, because of that he just needs to pick up the cases and save up for shipping, im jealous!
if it is any console, i saved the box for eye of the idol and Geometric, they are very special to me!;)

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:42 pm

6 big cases of full of gems. It is so nice to see your collections stores on those cases. Your Tenyos are all in very safe storage. Just only for more than 1 year in collecting and here the results...Awesome (for just the moment) Congrats Shan :!:
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

Shan

Post by Shan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:09 pm

Thanks Jaime!! it took a lot of hard work, ebaying, contacting sellers and checking online stores.
but the newer ones that i got, like space towers, i got them second hand, a little worn(edges show little crack wear) with no box, i guess there are so many hard to find items that i can only get it used.

Jaime C.
Charter Member

Post by Jaime C. » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:55 pm

Finding the rare or discontinued ones i think it is easier for you Shan because you have the contact/access to get from auction in Japan and you can save some money too (cheaper and not too many bidders)

Your visit in Japan gave you a lot of oppurtunity to acquire those Tenyos, i think.
don't CHASE your dreams...rather COOK them...

Shan

Post by Shan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:00 pm

Jaime C. wrote:Finding the rare or discontinued ones i think it is easier for you Shan because you have the contact/access to get from auction in Japan and you can save some money too (cheaper and not too many bidders)

Your visit in Japan gave you a lot of oppurtunity to acquire those Tenyos, i think.
The shops in Japan only have the newer ones, nothing rare:(
and my bf had completely banned me from buying japan auction for now, he thinks im too obsessed and wont help me translate! :twisted:

So i think Im going to take a break for now, I have to admit i have been spending too much time on tenyos lately lol

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:20 pm

That's the tenyoitis creeping in. Looks like a high stage 5
Now you see me...

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:24 pm

Yes, being a member of this forum can lead to severe Tenyotis ;)
Taking a break is no bad idea at all Shan, having about 125 tenyos is quite a lot... you have as much as I, and I already take that break.
It's time to enjoy your collection :)

Shan

Post by Shan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:04 pm

SimonC wrote:That's the tenyoitis creeping in. Looks like a high stage 5
Rob Rand wrote:Yes, being a member of this forum can lead to severe Tenyotis ;)
Taking a break is no bad idea at all Shan, having about 125 tenyos is quite a lot... you have as much as I, and I already take that break.
It's time to enjoy your collection :)
I cant be stage 5, as I dont mind not having the package or in mint condition;)
Rob...it is very hard...every time i say stop, there is always a deal that i must get...
like that ninja experiment i decided to get 2 weeks ago, now that i think of it, i couldve waited...(sob)

Rob Rand
Charter Member

Post by Rob Rand » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:12 pm

Shan, I know everything of being addicted to things ... and no, I absolutely don't mean drugs :) Luckily I have never been addicted to alcohol, cigarettes or drugs. But I have loads of collections like tarot decks, brainteasers, cd's, books.

Even now I'm a bit older, it's still difficult for me to stop collecting. My only remedy is that first you have to go too far, and then finally (in my case) the hunt for props will fade ... but then you are only a temporarily not-collecting collector :lol:

Elliot W.
Charter Member

Post by Elliot W. » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:23 pm

Yep I know exactly how you feel. I've tried stopping loads of times but then all of a sudden that trick you've been look for pops up on Ebay. And well... you've got to get it now because who knows when it will turn up again!
Shan wrote:The shops in Japan only have the newer ones, nothing rare:(
I remember a number of years back when someone I know was going to Japan. I gave him a whole list of discontinued Tenyo tricks to buy figuring they were all over the place there. He went to a number of stores and looked really hard but couldn't find any of the tricks on my list. He just ended up getting me one of the new ones as a consolation prize.
Contrary to what I thought the streets of Japan are not paved with Tenyo. :)

Shan

Post by Shan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:18 pm

Elliot W. wrote:Yep I know exactly how you feel. I've tried stopping loads of times but then all of a sudden that trick you've been look for pops up on Ebay. And well... you've got to get it now because who knows when it will turn up again!
Shan wrote:The shops in Japan only have the newer ones, nothing rare:(
I remember a number of years back when someone I know was going to Japan. I gave him a whole list of discontinued Tenyo tricks to buy figuring they were all over the place there. He went to a number of stores and looked really hard but couldn't find any of the tricks on my list. He just ended up getting me one of the new ones as a consolation prize.
Contrary to what I thought the streets of Japan are not paved with Tenyo. :)
Yes to be honest I was quite surprised!!!
I was expecting house loads of goodies!!!!
They only display the rare ones and the discontinued ones are nowhere to be found....
On the up side it's always nice to look at shelfs full of tenyo and lots of Disney tenyo tricks too!
I still regret not getting the floating wand from Disney sea. The guy who was at the front desk performed it so well, swirling it around his arms...

Shan

Post by Shan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:20 pm

Rob Rand wrote:Shan, I know everything of being addicted to things ... and no, I absolutely don't mean drugs :) Luckily I have never been addicted to alcohol, cigarettes or drugs. But I have loads of collections like tarot decks, brainteasers, cd's, books.

Even now I'm a bit older, it's still difficult for me to stop collecting. My only remedy is that first you have to go too far, and then finally (in my case) the hunt for props will fade ... but then you are only a temporarily not-collecting collector :lol:
Temporarily indeed...
Maybe if I find something else like you to occupy it would get better but I doubt it..
Something less inexpensive!

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:02 pm

Shan wrote:
Rob Rand wrote:Shan, I know everything of being addicted to things ... and no, I absolutely don't mean drugs :) Luckily I have never been addicted to alcohol, cigarettes or drugs. But I have loads of collections like tarot decks, brainteasers, cd's, books.

Temporarily indeed...
Maybe if I find something else like you to occupy it would get better but I doubt it..
Something less inexpensive!
All hobbies are the same: You have to pay to play.

But man, that is a nice collection and a nice storage system you have there.
Where's my colon?!