Fair play

Here you can discuss magic tricks that Tenyo enthusiast would enjoy but might not be aware of.
SimonC
Global Moderator

Fair play

Post by SimonC » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:45 pm

Good evening gents, we were discussing a trick called fair play a while back. Does anyone have a copy they would like to sell/trade? I'm also interested in skycap but mostly fair play.
Cheers,
Si :)
Now you see me...

Arctic Allan

Re: Fair play

Post by Arctic Allan » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:12 pm

Good evening Simon,
What a coincidence this is the very next Tenyo Like magic trick I am going to purchase. I was in the Browers Den http://browsers-den-of-magic.myshopify.com/ just before Christmas and Jeff showed me this trick. I had gone over my "magical budget" so I didn't pick it up this time but my next return visit I'll be walking away with it. In the mean time I found copies for sale on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... y%22+magic but for a few dollars more, I'll probably purchase from Jeff and support my local magic store.
So, if you cannot find a copy I can always pick a second up and ship it too you.
Let me know,
Cheers Simon!

Arctic Allan

Post by Arctic Allan » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:15 pm

Hmm, my posted link didn't work, I'll try again, but if it doesn't work for you search "Fair Play" on Amazon and you'll find it.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... y%22+magic
Cheers X 2 :D

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:24 pm

Hi alan, thanks for the link. It's a little (or a lottle) out of my price range at the moment so I was looking for a trade/sale, I know sometimes people get a trick and decide it's not their cup of tea. What's your opinion on the effect, have you ever had a chance to try it out?
Thanks again,
Si
Now you see me...

David DeTenyo
Global Moderator

Post by David DeTenyo » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:24 am

I've read a few reviews of people saying the gimmick doesn't work smoothly (only a few), so watch out if you buy a second hand one, be sure to ask if it works OK :)
As far as my opinion, I ventilated it here in another thread and somewhere on TMC, I don't like it. But I don't have it so I can't give a real review.
For all non-English speakers: you can not use a different language on the gimmick, it's stuck inside.

VictorS

Post by VictorS » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:59 am

Simon, remember you made an assumption on the Free Sunday Trick section on the method. It was close. I heard it from my friend here on how it work but i haven`t had opportunity to see it directly. Please take David`s comment also into your consideration ;)

SimonC
Global Moderator

Post by SimonC » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:09 pm

Ok guys thanks, I'll put it out of my mind for now ;) I'll wait til one turns up in eBay super cheap.
Now you see me...

Brett H

Post by Brett H » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:16 pm

It looks all right. Definitely suited towards adults.

It looks like a neat mental magic trick that plays from the pocket. Just isn't my cup of tea, unfortunately. Especially since it runs for $40+.

More for you guys!
Where's my colon?!

kellebotond
Charter Member

Post by kellebotond » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm

I have seen and tried the gimmick. My opinion: the idea is very good, but is not reliable enough (the moving part of the gimmick can stuck or slide too easily as well). And with a little bit of shaking or tapping the spectators can make the gimmick work as well and reveal the method.

I think you are able to completely disassemble it if you want to make it in a different language, but it would not be easy, you have to be very precise otherwise it won't work and you can easily damage the gimmick permanently while doing it.
Tenyo Rocks!!! :–)
http://www.illuziomesterei.hu