Coin of the Realm

Here you can discuss magic tricks that Tenyo enthusiast would enjoy but might not be aware of.
Arctic Allan

Coin of the Realm

Post by Arctic Allan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:57 pm

So, I was home with my daughter today, she was feeling sick and I happened to have some of my magic out. Being a Tenyo Fan, the Tenyo-Like threads are my favorite to read so I had to show her my favorite Tenyo-Like trick that I've had for about 13yrs, Coin of the Realm! Its been a few years since I've shown this one, part of the gimmick has malfunctioned :cry: so I have to be very careful with it. It is very easy to perform and when handed out for inspection is an eye roller, only once, maybe, was I was almost picked off.

I searched the threads and Simon commented on The Coin of the Realm viewtopic.php?f=12&t=221&p=2599&hilit=c ... ealm#p2599 but not sure if he was referring to the same one I have.

When buying The Coin of the Realm the price will vary huge here are two links showing that http://www.powellmagic.com/shop/index.p ... duct_id=49 and http://www.topsmagic.com/p27675/Coin-of ... _info.html.

This is something I think The Magic Wagon would put out, but for sure their price would be in the triple digits. When I purchased mine, I stuck to the double digits and have been very happy with it, although, a trained eye on the cheapos, may be able to spot the gimmick. So I am looking at purchasing another to fill the shoes of my fallen solider.

In my opinion Coin of the Realm is a perfect fit for Tenyo fans.
Cheers fellas!
Last edited by Arctic Allan on Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnM
Site Admin

Re: Coin of the Realm

Post by JohnM » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:04 pm

I have Coin of the Realm. I bought it many years ago before getting heavily into Tenyo. I have the $180 one. I bought it for myself as a birthday present to justify the cost. It works very well and is very cool.

Arctic Allan

Re: Coin of the Realm

Post by Arctic Allan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:08 pm

Well, there is one vote for the triple digit Coin of the Realm, Thxs John!